Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor refresh rate annoyance.

• 01-02-2004 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I have a 19 inch Dell Trinitron, with a Sapphire Radeon 9600 pro (Fireblade), and I am runnin Win2kpro SP4.

Up until recently, I've been playing games @ 100hz no problem, thanks to the Redline tool for tweaking refresh rates and things, but the other day, I was playing CS and noticed that the game looked very wierd. I found out it @ 90hz, but the problem was, it really was 45hz interlaced! So it had scanlines, and looked very fuzzy.

Now I checked all the montior refresh rates using Redline, and using display properties, and it still shows 100hz, and games such as Quake 3, XIII, Deus Ex 2 and Worms 3d play at 100hz. While games such as Quakeworld, Call of Duty, Half-life (with mods) and NFS:UG still play at this annoying 90hz interlaced.

I'm thinking of reinstalling the drivers, but before I do, just wanted to see if anyone knows whats up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Came across something very similar when I bought that very same card off Komplett.ie for my best m8 and we installed it in his rig. Windows (XP Pro) still reported 100Hz but it looked fuzzy to us. Turned out to be a piece of software that was controlling the refresh rate was running in the background. Sorry, for the life of me I can't remember what it was, but check it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I figured it out, it was the default override for the monitor.

Display>Settings>Advanced>Displays

And choose your monitor to get properties, it set the default override options if not using the Desktop resolution to 45hz.

Advertisement