Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICAL

Options
  • 20-06-2000 1:20pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Paladin replies to me (in a different thread)
    >"Next season (its been a lot of fun so I hope there will be a next season"

Glad ure enjoying it, but hurdles jumped when approached etc.

CG are really getting a kick out of it. The games have been hard and I dunno if my stress levels can take the strain much longer but its definitely been a good laugh.

Some of the team have obviously put a lot of effort into teamplay and tactics and praccy and I really think I was bang on the money with my predictions (ie GT, CG, EZ, IR(B) could all win it).

CG have done well to date, we've been organised and played some kicking games (pulling the GT game out of the fire by winning 3 rounds in a row sticks in my mind) and we've had a good laugh and a buzz from playing (nothing like a bit of rivalry to stir the blood, and boy can certain members of CG stir it smile.gif )

Our games against EZ and IR(B) will determine a few things.
    It's good to see 7o9 putting manners on IR's dream-team smile.gif

Should we do it again? Definitely, I would say, although I bet you never want to see the game again at this point.

BTW I'll be about tonight (tuesday 20th) so if you need a ref I'll do it.

DeVore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I've enjoyed the league so far
    me being a "newbie" its me first online league in anygame
    anyways nice one
    btw tom dont forget ira we're still in with a good chance only game we lost was to cg smile.gif
    anyways i predict ira will kick koopa's dream team around the place when we play'em. (if nicky and pox dont play)
    smile.gif
    David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I really think I was bang on the money with my predictions (ie GT, CG, EZ, IR(B) could all win it)[/B]

U forgot a clan.
    Heh. You will be singing an assimilated borg tune soon, pretty boy! wink.gif
    Should we do it again? Definitely, I would say, although I bet you never want to see the game again at this point.
    Actually its one of the few games that I dont think I will tire of for a long time.

And as to doing it again. Well come autumn\winter I will see. I will be doing my leaving cert, so I doubt I would be able to devote as much time as I can this season.
    I would definately be involved in a league, but only if I had someone to take over the organisation side of things. Not all clans are as organised as CG, and some need a good kick up the **** to get a team out, which isnt really my job, but since I want the league to go well I do try smile.gif

If people are serious about a season, then one or two will have to take some responsibility in organising it, off my shoulders. Ive been lucky in the help I have gotten this season (thanks V.much to nex, bug, slosh n u2 a little dev smile.gif) but it is still time consuming. It is great fun I think though.

[stir] And if 7o9 can field our full team we will kick u ****y clans off this planet, and no better hpb pair than myself and crash, with lpb morrans shaft to skewer ure fat asses, and sickboy to confuse and dazzle you with his strange movements and wild shooting smile.gif And of course steven to annoy the sh1t outta yis with his complaining about "laaaaaag" hehheh[/stir]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

[mixandset] I only complain about lag when I get it, and even when I do, I usually don't mention it. Now, take into account the amount of times I do say laaaag and work out how bad my connection is[/mixandset] cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

It's good to see 7o9 putting manners on IR's dream-team smile.gif
    oi! note which team is IRA. We have only lost 1 of our games, and the other two we won 3-0, so IRA are still in with a chance to win it biggrin.gif
    We're just waiting for CG to lose to 7o9, or EZ, and that would put us jointly on top of the table :P

[This message has been edited by Illkillya (edited 20-06-2000).]

You won't be smiling tonight if our team shows up cool.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by Steven:
    if our team shows up
    nice to see you're confident
    cool.gif

we're smiling smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I wasn't smiling...I was rolling on the ground laughing my **** off! biggrin.gif

That turned out to be a big if didnt it mad.gif
    (Token smiley and in no way related to how i'm feeling) cool.gif

Token Smiley smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

that would be the rare ROFLMAO, lucky b1tch.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Token -> Token

(Collect 10 get a free Podgeen)

we're back ta that again
    its 100 tikens for a podgeen
    and 2 bossarkys for a podgeen
    i remember discussing this b 4 on the boards

Advertisement