Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about going the Wireless LAN route?

• 01-02-2004 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

I just noticed that Komplett are selling the SMC Barricade Wireless G 54 Mbps
    802.11g, 4-port switch (SMC2804WBR) SMC Barricade Wireless G 54 Mbps for €88 this week. Matching adapter cards for your PCs will set you back €55 or so.

(Komplett do something odd with cookies - if the link doesn't open at the SMB Barricade page on the first go, just click it again).

I haven't used any SMC gear, so I don't have any direct experience with it, but if you're thinking of going the Wireless route, this looks like a good buy.

(Note that this doesn't include a "modem" - you'll have to have an ethernet interface on your DSL modem to connect to this device).

Advertisement