Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vietnamonlinestore

• 01-02-2004 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

I don't want to post the link to this but you can find it on google along with the username and password for the media section. I just wondering does anybody have any dealings with this crowd. There dvd's are so cheap it's unreal. But is it safe to give them credit card details? Anybody ever get anything from them??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its all pirated, as far as I know. Thats why its so cheap.

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Please note that you'll need to install a MOD chip to your XBOX in order to play our games.

Implies that they are copies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by TmB
    Its all pirated, as far as I know. Thats why its so cheap.

- Dave.

even still its seem s very cheap for pirated stuff, other sites selling pirated dvds are looking for around €10

Hmm read the comments here: http://forum.entertainment.ie/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1635

Seems ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

yeah, it'd be nice to know if anyone has ordered from there and received their stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont buy any chickens from them....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I wonder if they use worldpay or something similar for credit card transations. I wouldn't mind giving them a go if they do, but I wouldn't use them if they are the ones that are getting the credit card numbers.

Bank Transfer
    You can arrange a direct bank wire from your bank account to ours.

Western Union
    Western Union is the fastest way to send money world-wide. Click here to find out more

MoneyGram
    MoneyGram is the fast, convenient and easy way to wire money. It usually costs less to send money compared to Western Union. Click here to find out more

Cash
    You will post the cash to us with the Registered Mail service. This mode of payment is only applicable to orders valued less than USD 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭matwijow

Hi, have bought and received many times from VietnamOnlineStore. You don't give credit card details - they don't accept them, I paid by Western Union Money Transfer. They take quite a while to be delivered (about 3 weeks) but it's well worth the wait. I've bought about 70 in toal to date and there have only been 2 duds (and they were dvds of cinema releases in America i.e not even in cinema in ireland yet). If he doesn't have your request in stock he'll tell you and you can change your choices. there's a minimum purchase of 10 discs but at approx $3 each it's a bargain anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

hmm, yah i've been looking at this for a while and will probably give the thing a little test run first. Which one of the payment options would be the fastest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I presume if Customs & Excise open the package, they are quite within their rights to confiscate counterfeit procucts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The answer is yes....

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

They're certainly pirated. However they are genuine sellers. These comments were borrowed from another well-known Irish forum.

'Ya,I ordered 25,and only 9 were watchable.Major problems with freezing and jumping.Also any of the decent one's had no extras.All the latest films were recorded in the cinema ( complete with laughter from the audience and people's heads in the way ) Add all of the above, to the fact that i had to wait 7 weeks for them to arrive.Sorry mate, but you just lost a customer........'

'i got my dvds eventually and out of the ten i ordered, 6 were ok and the other 4 were crap- Matrix reloaded sound and picture wise was Sh**e, Saving Private Ryan was bad as the dvd would stop and skip forward a chapter. i ordered heat and they gave me a different dvd which was spoken in german and japanese. So i have sent them back the dvds and am waitin a response. the other dvds are just ok but you would not be able to watch them on widescreen or fullscreen just on a small screen as it would be blurry! Anyone else geting the same sh**e or is it just my luck again??
    '

You're really getting what you pay for if you deal with that crowd, I honestly think you're better off getting the originals fro play.com or cd wow, it'll only work out twice as expensive and your DVD will have far more value than the coaster that the above store will give you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement