Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Vs Chelsea (contains score)

• 01-02-2004 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Well what a game. Blackburn started the first 15 mins better, and Carlo made an unbelievable save in the first min. Flitcroft put Rovers ahead after hesitancy by Petit.
    but CFC found their way and a Jimmy cross found Lamps and he cooly slotted home.
    A Petit slide rule pass put Frank in the clear and 1-2 CFC.
    Some nice interchanging between Claude Petit Frank and Parker who I thought had a good but relatively quiet debut which is understandable as he hasn't trained for 2 weeks.
    Gallacher had a goal disallowed for offside but when his second chance came he took it 2-2.
    Then Johnson flicks it over the def Rovers should have dealt with it and blasts pass the keeper 2-3.
    Frank deserved a hattrick, an unbelievable save by Friedel tipping his header on to the post.
    Terry and Mutu were superb too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Actually When he switched over to the right Parker looked excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Chelski rode their luck today but battle out the result. Good game but like southampton yesterday blackburn were unlucky to get nothing from the game.

Blackburn to be honest didn't create a huge number of openings. Carlo had to make one save in the whole game which was in the v first minute.
    Chels had 15 shots on goal with 7 on target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Was a good game. Felt sorry for Blackburn to be honest. I thought the Chelsea midfield was a bit flat - don't like the idea of playing 4 central midfielders :p

What we lack in width with that midfield we certainly make up for in strength and aggression.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Very entertaining game. Why was Gallacher(?)'s equaliser in the 2nd half ruled out? Saw the goal briefly in the pub but there was no sound and i was surprised when i noticed later that it was still 2-1.

Because it was offside, there was no need for him to get in an offside position.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Have to say that Frank lampard has proven me wrong.
    When he moved from West Ham I thought he was a really average player. Last 2 years however he just seems to be working so hard at his game, he's on a par with Gerrard imo and not a long way away from Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Chels were a bit lucky to get away with the 3 points today I thought, they should have used all that posession they had to make a few more goals to secure it, I never feel very comfortable watching chels with a 1 goal lead, they always have a tendency to go to sleep at the back.

Anyway , happy to get a result to stay somewhere near the race for the top.

For about 30 mins there end of the 1st half / start of the 2nd, I thought they were actually playing a bit like Arse at their best, passing the ball quickly , getting forward etc. shame they can't do it for 90.

• Advertisement
Advertisement