Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any good Halo mods?

Options
  • 01-02-2004 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

I was wondering is there any good Halo mods that make use of all the pixel shading and realistic lighting effects.

I looked around on the internet but came up with crap all.

Also is there any good tutorials on how to make hl/quake mods? Is there any good newbie software for making maps for hl/quake?

Also can you interlace different game engines together when making mods (for instance, a mod with the halo engine and the havoc engine for ragdoll physics, aswell as the ghoul 2 engine for the gore, or just have multiple engines just for different graphical aspects of the game)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Don't know of any mods for Halo myself.

You might want to post to Game Editing for the rest of your questions.

Lastly I don't think you can mix and match engines for different aspects of a game without some serious programming knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

oh and please change you sig! its sick :( i only read half you post cuz it bothered me so much. thats just me though. i saw that music video once before and i dont plan on seeing it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If your takign bits from multiple engines you would need enough about programming to be able to write your own basically, as you will be making a new engine more or less.

As for MODs, there wont be many for a LONG time, 6months to a year before you get in anyway a decent looking MOD out, C&C:Generals mods are only coming out now really, BF1942 took about 10monthsb efore it saw good MODs, HL took about a year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You can't mix and match engines. You can modify them but even then you don't have complete access because they don't want to give you there secrets.

The Hl2 illegal source code is great for game makers because the havok phyics are there and the miles sound system is aswell.

Advertisement