Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best software for watching DvD on a pc?

Options
  • 01-02-2004 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

At the moment Im using WinDvD 5 platinum. Is there better out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

power dvd 5.0 is fairly good imo, can't compare it to anything else though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Power DVD and winDVD seem to be the best. I got winDVD free with my motherboard I think, and I don't think its as good as PowerDVD.

PowerDVD the daddy imo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Media Player Classic, great for Xvids, Divx, .movs and .ra files

Oh and it also plays SVCD's and DVD's
    nice simple interface
    :D

More info and downloads links for Win9x and Win2k/xp here http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8951

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

PowerDVD 5 has everything covered regarding special video and sound features, it has every dolby multi dimensional surround or headphone super 9D spacial effect setting you could want as well as a damn good interface. It does 'cost' you money though so be wide. WinDVD is a good cheap alternative and if you want to go the whole hog go for media player classic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

WinDVD Plat 5 has a "Change to TV Output" setting which changes to the best res for TV everytime WinDVD is opened.

Also, I've always found WinDVD to be the best for playing mpg files.

An updated version of WinDVD 5 was released recently (last week or so) - anyone know what the updates were? Couldn't find anything on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Tested out PowerDvD last night and wasnt impressed at all. Sound wasnt that great but this might have been due to it not accepting that my system has a 6.1 surrond sound speaker setup where WinDVD does.

As for the comment about these things costing money, no comment lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

I use PowerDVD and use DVD X Ghost to play US DVD'd

Advertisement