Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Josh Ritter

Options
  • 01-02-2004 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

just caught the end of a programme on dutch TV with a feature on Josh Ritter - the link to the programme (R.A.M on VPRO/Nederland 3) is:
    http://www.vpro.nl/programma/ram/afleveringen/16225813/
    (it's in Dutch with loadsa English...)
    Looks like the world is cottoning on to the "Irish secret" - parallels to David Gray, big things to come? (with apologies for putting their respective music in the same sentence - sorry!).
    /MK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

Joan Baez was interviewed on Radio 2 a few weeks back on the Stuart Maconie drivetime show and she mentioned him a few times too. Apparently she has a new covers album with a Josh Ritter song on it. I was a bit surprised as I'd only ever heard him when I was in Ireland. I think it probably is just a matter of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

the "Irish secret" - parallels to David Gray

Ah, the unwashed ears of Irish punters releasing another musical pox upon the world. Great.

Also, is Josh Ritter cockney rhyming slang for something? If it isn't, it is now... "Pitman is here, get me a pint of bitter, you wanna take a crap hey! head for the Josh Ritter"

Advertisement