Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Gfx Card failure?

• 01-02-2004 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just got my Sapphire 9600XT from komplett, so i take out my old NVIDIA Geforce fx5200, and put the new card in. The add hardware wizard locates the drivers off the installation cd and installs them, i also install the ati control panel off the cd. Now it prompts me to reboot, which i do.
    The desktop comes up on reboot, however i cannot click on anything, and a load of error messages keep coming up for example

"Windows delayed write error:
    Windows was unable to save all the data for the file C:\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere"

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file C:\Windows. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere"

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file C:\Windows\Debug. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere"

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Originally i did not reset, and played some games so the card seems to work, it was only on resetting that the errors came. I reinserted my old card and everything works fine. Anyone?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

No-one had a similiar problem?, im pretty desperate, can anyone think of what might cause this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Remove all the old drivers for your video card using Driver Cleaner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Did you uninstall the nvidia drivers properly. uninstall everything(including ati control panel). Then do a reinstall, you might wanna boot into safe mode to do this, less chance of errors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Hmmmm that could be it alright. Im worried about uninstalling the nvidia ones though in case it doesnt fix it and then im rightly screwed! Ill give it a try though. Thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Nah you won't be screwed, you will just have no drivers loaded, so bascially you will have 640x480 at 16 colors.

You can reinstall the Nvidia drivers then to get back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Giblet
    Nah you won't be screwed, you will just have no drivers loaded, so bascially you will have 640x480 at 16 colors.

You can reinstall the Nvidia drivers then to get back to normal.

Exactly - if you're running xp, windowsupdate might even offer a fairly new set of drivers after that

Advertisement