Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Forum

Options
  • 01-02-2004 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

I'd like to nominate Uberwolf as moderator of cycling forum, don't think it has a mod so far and he seemes to be quite active there plus has a good idea what he's on about.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I am wondering....
    How is a new MOD apointed. Is it DeVore or Ecksor who decides?
    I would have a interest in it myself for the SG1 forum because I know allot about it but i know it wouldent happen because im too new to boards.ie and allot of people seem to have a problem with me.

So how is a new MOD apointed anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

seems like moderatorship for the sake of it
    it doesn't need one
    mehhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yes they choose the mod.
    Based on track record here ie how a user behaves and what they contribute to the forums. Also knowledge of the subject is required.

User45701, I reckon you start a thread, here in Feedback/ Suggestions, with all your questions in it about how things work on boards.ie. The amount of times you have gone off topic asking questions with no relation what so ever to the thread is quite amazing.

Also it would help if you read the charters on every board before posting to them. It would make life easier for you and the other posters.

Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, I dunno if it needs one, it's not busy, or really a target for trolls.
    If you must though, I'd second uberwolf. He knows his stuff, and can't go wrong under my stern watchful eye :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by User45701
    ...but i know it wouldent happen because im too new to boards.ie and allot of people seem to have a problem with me.

Perhaps if you posted a little less? Not that you post particularly badly, but it's the frequency of your posts that I think irks some people.

Oh I have no opinion either way on this new board suggestion. Not a particularly hideous suggestion. We've had worse, by jingo. But I'll abstain from this vote nonetheless.

Edit: It appears that this isn't, in fact, a new suggestion for a board, merely a nomination for a moderator. I apologise profously to the loyal Cycling crew (word).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Makaveli
    User45701, I reckon you start a thread, here in Feedback/ Suggestions, with all your questions in it about how things work on boards.ie.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Far too polite for your own good Makaveli, what does he think the Newbie FAQ forum is there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

just after finding this.
    Originally posted by seamus
    Yeah, I dunno if it needs one, it's not busy, or really a target for trolls.

I agree with this much.
    Flip side though, people have been asking for and giving training advice. As I have discovered in the past even the best intentioned information can go wrong, so if you asked me what the board needed a mod for I'd say to keep an eye on this advice, make sure caveats were kept in place and make sure no one was handing out dangerous advice.

Originally posted by seamus If you must though, I'd second uberwolf. He knows his stuff, and can't go wrong under my stern watchful eye :p [/B]

Hard task master that chap :p;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

usually Cloud or I decide mods though technically any admin can.

Presto Modo, uberwolf now mod of cycling.... must post in there soon too given my penchant for cycling really far away and then back again. Uberwolf, theres a mod forum here so ask any mod-related questions there!

There you go, nothing to it really...

DeV.

Advertisement