Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiotic Printer

• 01-02-2004 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong place folks....

My Epson Stylus 880 printer had run out of coloured ink & was almost out of black too. It allowed me to change the colour cartridge. While putting it in, I opened the black one to see which way to put the new colour one in (cuz I'm very dense & couldn't remember which way the cartridge went...even though there's only one way it'll fit!!!). So the new colour cartridge went in.

Printer then thought it had a brand new colour AND black cartridge (cuz I opened the wee holder). So the black completely runs out...printer gets self righteous & tells me there's a full balck cartridge in there & every page it prints is blank (except for the colour bits). I force the empty black cartridge out, put in the new one, bobs your uncle......not quite.....there's still nothing printing!! It's driving me insane. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Run the head cleaning options from the printer settings and also some of the other maintance options. It might decide to work. These options sometimes don't show up in w2k/XP if your using older drivers. So make sure you have the latest ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

I tried that already - nozzle cleaning & alignment & every other little test that could be conjured up...and still nothing. I did the old "turn it off and then on again" trick too! It's just such an annoyance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Somtimes these settings are in a chip on the ink cartridge. haven't a clue about the model you have though, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Did you remember to pull off the little plastic bit that covers the tip of the cartridge?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

I guess I deserved that....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement