Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Problem

• 01-02-2004 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Trying to get internet connection sharing working on 2 computers. They are connected by network cards which are working properly. I can check files on each computer from the other. The host will connect to the internet no problem, but I cant get the client to connect. Have run ICS dozens of times. I have set up networks before with no problem. I cannot get a ping to work. From the host I can ping another computer(on the internet) but cannot ping the client. Ipconfig gives me 192.168.0.1. The client ipconfig gives 192.168.0.2,but also cant ping the host from the client Please can you help, this is doing my head in

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Make sure that you have the client set up to obtain it's IP address automatically.

Even though you used a static IP address in a valid range, this is not guaranteed to work because ICS uses DHCP to fork out IP addresses to clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Thanks for the reply, I will check the settings

Advertisement