Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

real time clock wtf??

Options
  • 02-02-2004 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

i bought a new usb irda dongle to connect up a 3200 nokia to my win xp pc

when it was installed and set up xp reported new hardware "real time clock" detected,

i thought this was some feature of the new dongle but after trying to install drivers from the manufacturers cd and website i realised xp was still trying to install real time clock drivers without the dongle plugged in, so i unplugged all usb cables and re-booted,but xp is still trying to find drivers for this stupid thing

anyone know what it is. what it does? can i install it as an unknowen device and leave it there/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

You could let it complete setup for the Real Time Clock, then change the drivers to whatever you want it to be...

This problem is caused by the device ID matching one that the Realk Time Clock uses in it's inf files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

just let it install the wrong drivers & then go into device manager & remove them (right click on my computer, properties > in there somewhere...)
    then just install the proper drivers off the cd

Advertisement