Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good leagues to play with?

Options
  • 02-02-2004 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Im bored of England and all their leagues and need new team to manage outside England...fire some ideas this way.

cheers people
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Spain
    No work permits required, lots of money, good teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

France: Some good player for each team, but they don't quite have the money or reputation for big signings.

Italy: about 5 or 6 big teams, pick someone like Atalanta who are not quite as big as the Roma's, Juve's or AC's of this world.

Holland: Pick a team other than PSV, Ajax, or Feyenoord.

Argentina/Brazil: You'll never be able to buy the big European stars, and you'll have all your young talent stolen! Try Santos (Brazil) for starters, they have Diego and Robinho. Just don't get too confused by the Brazilian league setup.

Lower league Finland: only joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Try one of the LoI sides. I took over Kildare County in CM 01/02 recently, before I got 03/04. I've never done so much scouting of unheard-of-players in my life (of playing CM) and I only had 1 scout and 1 coach for 2 whole seasons. Managed to win the 1st div in my 2nd season, won the premier league in my 3rd season and somehow (because i rock) got to the 2nd group stage of the Champo League !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Originally posted by Space Coyote
    I took over Kildare County in CM 01/02 recently
    Kildare County aren't in CM 01/02, not in mine anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Hmm that's odd, what version of 01/02 do you have installed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I always enjoy playing with lower league Italian clubs and trying to work my way up from there, although I think I probably started a bit too low this time. Try a Serie C/1 team, or a Serie B team that's just been promoted from C/1. I was playing in Serie C/2 and it was impossible to get out of, there's only one automatic promotion spot and a playoff for another.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Eircom league. Gotta love getting the likes of Roy Keane and Phillipe Mexes to come and play for Dundalk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

G'wan Finn Harps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Spain
    No work permits required, lots of money, good teams.

I had barcelona in recievership before the season had even kicked off :)

oh...and Spain sux on contracts. EVERY player HAS to have a minimum release fee clause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Ok after a few days thought(seriously), i decided to be Barcelona for a few(ok maybe more) reasons:

1) I want to make them better than Real Madrid

2) I want to build a team around the God Ronaldinho

3) They have Puyol

4) They have Quaresma, Saviola and Ronaldinho

5) They have about 30 mill to spend

6) Its a bit of a challenge getting the right defenders in with Puyol

7) Once i build around Ronaldinho, it should be ok :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Kaimera
    EVERY player HAS to have a minimum release fee clause.
    Yeah, but all the minimum fees are as high as you want to put them, 126 million for Raul? fine by me, I'll just go buy Henry for 60 or 70million.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Minimum release clauses are hardly a problem.
    It's easy, just set your most valuable players with a £200mil release clause (max) and then do what you want with the others.
    Buying players, I have never once had to match the clause.

Advertisement