Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FFS Stop having a go at C.Ronaldo.

• 02-02-2004 3:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Would people please stop having a go at Christiano Ronaldo. He is a ****ing 18 year old who has so much confidence on the big stage and undeniable skill. Thats evident in his debut who everyone said was because he was up against a tired Bolton team who are wrecked and are gonna be relegated. Would you all shutup? Look where Bolton are in the table. You can say all the **** you want about how he is a one trick man...his feet are the quickest ive seen along with Ronaldinho. Hes got top acceleration to go by players and will develop more pace as he develops his body more. I mean, for ****s sake, if people can not see that this player is going to be an absolutely amazing player, your as thick as ****. Ok his passing isnt up to scratch and the finished product isnt alays there but whats the first thing he does after he falls on his arse from trying one trick too many, gets up and trys it again. So would you stop picking on him? hes been in England for four and a half months and is still developing. Stop having a go at him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Yeah guys, you're really hurting his feelings.
    He's probably at home crying into his pillow, after reading your comments.
    I'm sure Cristiano is pretty hurt too.

Killian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

lol dont cry pumpkin pie!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

OMG Ronaldo7 is the real Cristiano Ronaldo and we hurted the lil fella's feelings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if he quit the dancing and falling over then i'd stop laughing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Is this the thread for having a go at Christiano Ronaldo? How the hell can you justify that kind of price tag for an 18 year old (or was he 17 at the time?). I wanted Liverpool to sign him so I don't deny that he has talent and potential but he has got a lot to prove and he hasn't done much to impress.

I wouldn't swap him for La Tellec and Pongolle who were a snip at 2 for half price:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

ronaldo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Originally posted by bazH
    ronaldo.gif

ROFL:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ah poor baby, it's a hard life eh? :)

Even Jimmy McGee was giving out about Ronaldo on Saturday and he usually loves all that trickery. Maybe if Ronaldo did something different once in a while he might actually succed in getting a cross in instead of an elbow in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

But isn't his hair just to die for! :o

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal's two spaniards are much better looking than stepovers, his hair is stupid. Slydice special anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I hope someone does the diving little sh*tebag, where's Robbie Savage when you need him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Thats not very nice, id hate to see him get "bussted"

bussteds.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    Would people please stop having a go at Christiano Ronaldo. B]

When utd fans stop polluting the air spewing manure like your post and proclaiming him as the second coming, THEN well stop having a go at him.

Untill then we will continue to point out that hes far from the finished article and compared to geniune young talents like Kaka is totally overrated.

Good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ronaldo is "hated" by a lot of people for the same reason Beckham is/was, he thinks he is sooo sexy. He is trying to invent a new hair style, it loks like he got half of his hair done in plats (sp?) and couldn't see the rest in the mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson

Even Jimmy McGee was giving out about Ronaldo on Saturday and he usually loves all that trickery.

Slightly off topic but I wish to God that man would just retire or something. He knows very little about football at the end of the day and the amount of mistakes he makes trying to be smart is beyond funny. Hes also got a really annoying voice.

RETIRE YOU OLD FART!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

When utd fans stop polluting the air spewing manure like your post and proclaiming him as the second coming, THEN well stop having a go at him.

I dont think anyone is saying that he's the second coming tbh. People just love to give Man u players stick and its so easy to give him stick. The game against soton the other day he didnt do nearly as many step overs and he really looked like a threat.
    He's fast, has good control, can deliver a good ball , can beat players and has sky high confidence. He doesnt deserve as much stick as hes getting.

When it comes to soccrt i have to agree with James R's comment of Jimmy McGee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Jimmy "the memory man" McGee is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    I dont think anyone is saying that he's the second coming tbh. People just love to give Man u players stick and its so easy to give him stick. The game against soton the other day he didnt do nearly as many step overs and he really looked like a threat.
    He's fast, has good control, can deliver a good ball , can beat players and has sky high confidence. He doesnt deserve as much stick as hes getting.

When it comes to soccrt i have to agree with James R's comment of Jimmy McGee

smemon reckons he's the best in the world in the 'young players' thread :rolleyes:

As for Jimmy 'there's lots of Brazilian talent on the pitch, and lots of Brazilian talent in the stands watching them' McGee, that man has forgotten more about football then most people will ever know in their lives. Long may he carry on :)

let smemon think what he likes :p

Ronaldo gets far too much stick imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think the main problem people have with CRonaldo is that he is treated like a world class superstar by the media and United supporters, despite having done nothing at all to warrant it. He hasn't achieved anything of note in his short career yet and like several other Premiership players remains a promising prospect nothing else.

Ronaldo's name doesn't help him either, it's almost as if he has a legacy to live up before he's even kicked a ball. I would personally bracket him with the likes of Le Tallec, Aliadiere and Pongolle - all bright hopes for the future, but with no right to be called a world class player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by super_furry

I would personally bracket him with the likes of Le Tallec, Aliadiere and Pongolle - all bright hopes for the future, but with no right to be called a world class player.

the fact he's at the biggest club in the world means he's immediately going to be a household name everywere. utd fans only call him worldclass to level up with those abu's that criticise him for no reason.

as soon as utd signed him, abu's wanted him to be a flop, they were moaning about a 'stupid price' for a teenager and pounced on any dives or slips he made. still 6 months on their still doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by smemon
    the fact he's at the biggest club in the world
    what he's joined real madrid, but the transfer dedline has expiered explain ??? :confused:

Real are biggest club in the world now?

I wonder how one defines "big" in terms of a football club anyway

Originally posted by Big Ears
    what he's joined real madrid, but the transfer dedline has expiered explain ??? :confused:

:o despite madrids superstars and money, utd are still up there. and whilst madrid are focusing on the present, utd have managed to rebuild a squad for the future.

utd have replaced becks, schmeichel, etc etc.... madrid have yet to find replacements for zidane, figo, carlos, hierro..... all of whom are over 30 and 1 retired.

Personally id say biggest as best supported but then some may say richest and some may say with the most land/ players.

Afaik Man u are still the best supported team in the world tho Real did get a lot of support with the signing of Beckham. I aint checked this out in a while tho so maybe Real are bigger now. I was actually curious not being sarcastic when i asked it in the previous post.

Apparently 79% of the world have heard of manchester united. Not sure if i believe that tho. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by Dustaz

Untill then we will continue to point out that hes far from the finished article and compared to geniune young talents like Kaka is totally overrated.

Good day.

A finished article? he's 18 for gods sake utd fans are more in awe of what he could become, yes sometimes his step overs get him in a not but 9 times out of 10 he turns 2 defenders, he has alot of balls and huge amount of skill when he's on the ball. you should try and get to a game and see how fast he's actually doing them.

what i'd give to watch you try it....

but i keep forgetting no one on this forum plays football...

a boards 5 a side would be intresting....

I'd put a nice wager that all the ronaldo bashers couldn't kick snow of a rope...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

:o despite madrids superstars and money, utd are still up there. and whilst madrid are focusing on the present, utd have managed to rebuild a squad for the future.

utd have replaced becks, schmeichel, etc etc.... madrid have yet to find replacements for zidane, figo, carlos, hierro..... all of whom are over 30 and 1 retired.

some having a best team in world for the future makes u the best club in the world now.But if were talking about footballing ability(alone) Juventus are the best club anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

I second what EMBOSS said not BIG EARS. I also reckon most of them are overweight and have ugly girlfriends. Thats the impression some of them give off when they get so bitter over this 18 year old sensation who is a brilliant footballer with the brightest future out of all the premiership starlets, strictly in my opinion of course.

5 a side boards would be brilliant. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I second that. I also reckon most of them are overweight and have ugly girlfriends. Thats the impression some of them give off when they get so bitter over this 18 year old sensation who is a brilliant footballer with the brightest future out of all the premiership starlets, strictly in my opinion of course.

:rolleyes: :o

remember you will need a permission slip to play ronaldo;)

remains to be seen if they're any cop though

...and have ugly girlfriends.
    Living up to your namesake there Ronaldo. Football is the number 2 priority after beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Living up to your namesake there Ronaldo. Football is the number 2 priority after beauty.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Ronaldo the dancing b*tch... I hope he goes to jail for something and gets buggered.

• Advertisement

killah_B your girl must be hanging like a bogey from a fat mans nostril.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how the hell did posters girlfriends get into this?

Originally posted by Big Ears
    some having a best team in world for the future makes u the best club in the world now.But if were talking about footballing ability(alone) Juventus are the best club anyway.

i never said we had the best team in the world for the future, nor did i say we were the best team in the world, i said we were the BIGGEST.

but yes i believe we're far better off than madrid long-term. as for an italian side being the best footballing team at the minute, you must be joking. madrid at present are sensational to watch and on form make football a joy to watch. juve can be quite boring at times.

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

Dont take it the wrong way. I was just stating how some of the comments towards C.Ronaldo are so bitter and twisted, outside personal problems must be getting involved i.e. ugly girlfriends or general embaressment due to overweight problems maybe?

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    Ronaldo7's textual diarrhea

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kaids
    Ronaldo7's textual diarrhea

Kiss me. lets settle this the right way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

To whoever described Jimmy McGee a legend, why is he a legend??

Because he studied the ****e out of a load of books. Big wow. If I did that you'd take the piss of me and tell me to get a life. The amount of stupid things he says is unreal. I'd rather know how to speak a sentence than know how many times Jack O'Shea scored goals for Kerry

Dont take it the wrong way. I was just stating how some of the comments towards C.Ronaldo are so bitter and twisted, outside personal problems must be getting involved i.e. ugly girlfriends or general embaressment due to overweight problems maybe?

man thats a classic :)
    maybe ronaldo is ronaldo after all either that or your taking this ronaldo bashing way too personally

Originally posted by jank
    man thats a classic :)
    maybe ronaldo is ronaldo after all either that or your taking this ronaldo bashing way too personally

EDIT: To make sense of my post i wrote last night in a pretty drunken state. I just thinks its unfair when he gets so harshly criticised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

wow im a smart dsutdent. amnt i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by Emboss
    A finished article? he's 18 for gods sake utd fans are more in awe of what he could become, yes sometimes his step overs get him in a not but 9 times out of 10 he turns 2 defenders, he has alot of balls and huge amount of skill when he's on the ball. you should try and get to a game and see how fast he's actually doing them.

what i'd give to watch you try it....

but i keep forgetting no one on this forum plays football...

a boards 5 a side would be intresting....

I'd put a nice wager that all the ronaldo bashers couldn't kick snow of a rope...

If you organize it they will come, and I have played football with some of the people from these boards and am in no doubt as to their snowy rope kicking abilities. The only problem some people may have is the venue.

As for Ronaldo, he is playing for Man Utd which has no bearing on how good he is, he does trick about alot and I have yet to see him turn two defenders with 90% of the stepovers that he makes. There is an avid Man U fan in my house and I am forced to watch MUTV when there is nothing else on and yes he is a good player but to tout him as anything more than a talented youth is going too far.

BTW Ronaldo7, I can see a banning in the not too distant future for you if you continue in this vein.

BTW Ronaldo7, I can see a banning in the not too distant future for you if you continue in this vein.

I agree, i was talking **** last night. Sorry about that. I edited it today to make some sense anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its too late.

My gf is very distressed about being referred to as fat and ugly. Her modelling career is in jeopardy because of it. I would like ronaldo to aplogise forthwith.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Its too late.

My gf is very distressed about being referred to as fat and ugly. Her modelling career is in jeopardy because of it. I would like ronaldo to aplogise forthwith.
    same here.:) Ronaldo, I do believe you were drunk last night but it seemed obvious to me that you were purposely mispelling some words. I have been really drunk (to the point were I can't remember) and I have posted on this board with maybe one or two spelling mistakes, not every second word. Plus, you only started to mispell after you stated that you were drunk. Don't attempt to deny this!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ronaldo7, its very poor form bringing personal insults into an arguement just because the majority of people disagree with you. Have a bit of cop on in future.

On topic, Chrissy Ronnie is much ado about nuthin if you ask me. Sure he has a bit of flair but doesn't contribute enough to the team and there are plenty of equal and better players than him in Europe around the same age.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement