Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice reasonably priced hotel in prague

• 02-02-2004 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

hey all!
    im headed off to prague in a few weeks so im looking to book into a hotel for 3-4 nights. anyone know of a nice resonably cheap hotel in the city? what would i expect to pay?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

what do you consider cheap?

I stayed here:

http://www.123prague.com/u-zeleneho-vence-pension-prague/

there was two of us sharing the room - 95 euro for the room, but it was Literally 20 seconds walk to Charles Bridge and the Old Town, clean, well run, english spoken and tasty breakfast.

this is an e.mail address which you can write to with your requirements and Thomas will give you some options within your price range (no charge)

Tomas Mrnavy (TravelCook.com) [tomas@travelcook.com]

he will also sort out a taxi to collect you at the airport and to bring you back if you wish - taxis are known to rip you off, so if you are going with that option then get it from him as it's a standard fare - 20 euro for taxi trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

thanks for the link Beruthiel. i was thinking a bit cheaper but i could just about afford that. its right in the centre of town so yeah? cool! any places or sites you'd recommend visiting?

Originally posted by sound_wave
    thanks for the link Beruthiel. i was thinking a bit cheaper but i could just about afford that. its right in the centre of town so yeah?

well if you're looking for cheaper, perhaps if you send off an e.mail Thomas can help you out, but tbh, you could not be more central than that.

any places or sites you'd recommend visiting?

well, the fantastic thing about that hotel is you can walk everywhere, the Old Town, the jewish graveyard (very unusual), you've got to go see the castle, that's a must!
    try to get to see a classical recital in one of the churches, even if it's not your thing, it's a fantastic experience, tickets are only around 10/15 euro and they sell them outside the church during the day - you can't miss them, they're everywhere!

also, within 20 seconds of the hotel is a five floored nightclub (right beside the charles bridge where all the touristie stuff is sold) which has different music on each floor and stays open until 5.00am
    it opens at around 9.00pm and is already half full at that time, only a couple of euro in if you get there early. I had a blast in there! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Oh christ! I was there in October and went to that nightclub! It is so dingy, so funny, but you will end up spending hours there! It's actually good fun! Different type music on each floor! We actually spent most of the time in the 80s floor....oh what a laugh we had.... the locals were going mad!!! hahaha!!! Just couldn't spend my money in there either....was drinking vodka and "Dynamite" - Red Bull equivalent, all night and was plastered leaving at 5.30, but think I only spend about 40euro or something in there....had reciepts for a pint of beer and one of those vodka's and dynamites and was less than 4 euro for it...unbelievable...

You should visit Old town Sq, Charles Bridge, the castle....it's great fun really!

lol
    voodoo
    I also spent most of the night on the 70s/80 floor, drinking wodka :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    lol
    voodoo
    I also spent most of the night on the 70s/80 floor, drinking wodka :D

such a classy girl isnt she.....

know anysites to book cheep hostels? in prauge like....

Originally posted by agent smith
    such a classy girl isnt she.....

:rolleyes:
    excuse me, I used a plastic cup!

try here:
    http://prague.travelcook.com/unitas/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by Beruthiel

try here:
    http://prague.travelcook.com/unitas/ [/B]

was looking for somewhere with a bit of night life....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tripson

Hi There

I can get you a double ensuite room at the crown plaza hotel (4star) for 3 nights for 188-200 euros in total thats around 30ish per person per night
    its not city centre but just 2 metro stops from the centre
    let me know if ur interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tripson

In fact im sure u can have 4 nights for that price too as it would be stay 3 nights have the 4th free !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

http://www.hotelsczech.com/?refid=10145

check out the link above
    got my hotls through that last year and i got a great deal on a 4 star something like 30e an night sharing with a all you can eat breakfast
    but i got upgraded to the sister 5 star hotel because of plumbing problems at the other hotel
    not bad eh!

was only 2 stops on the metro from the city centre

the hotel was the corinthia towers

i was just lucky i got it for so cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Hi sound_wave,
    How did you get on in Prague? I'm heading over there for a few days at the end of April. Any recomendations from yourself or anyone else..... I haven't booked accomodation yet.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

why not go for an apartment ? they are very cheap.

Have a look at http://www.praguecheapflats.com/

I got accomomdation this way and it cost €36 per night (apartment for 2) and was basic but clean and had everything you would need

ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Salubri

You said "hotel" so I figure you're not looking for VERY cheap (€5 per night sharing with 20 in a nice dorm...) Seriously - you shouldn't be looking at more than €30 a night for a double room in a hostel... If you aren't going peak season and your flight gets in early - it would almost pay you to book nothing and just turn up and shop around... Head up toward the castle from Charles' Bridge and you're bound to find something (like the Corto Hostel nice rooms, fairly cheap) - or venture deeper into the new town for better prices.
    We met a couple of English lasses there who did this and laughed themselves silly at our * * * * Hotel costing as much as it did (€60 per night, fourth night free). They of course DID turn up with the benefit of "Europe on a Shoestring" DEAD handy book that'll tell you all you need to know about Prague for the right price!

Advertisement