Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest Tag Team of all time

• 02-02-2004 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Ok, the tag divison on both Raw and Smackdown are in shambles at the moment. But looking back before the brand extention, the tag division was on fire and not just in the last 5 years, or in WWE.

So who do u think is the greatest tag team of all time?

Hanza

Greatest Tag Team of all time 22 votes

The Legion of Doom
    0% 0 votes
    Midnight Express
    18% 4 votes
    Rock and Sock Connection
    0% 0 votes
    Sabu and Rob Van Dam
    4% 1 vote
    Edge and Christian
    4% 1 vote
    The Hardy Boyz
    13% 3 votes
    The Dudleys
    13% 3 votes
    Harlem Heat
    4% 1 vote
    The Hart Foundation
    0% 0 votes
    Lo' Down :P
    40% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

There should have been an "other" option seeing as there's so many great tag teams you missed.

Demolition?
    The Rockers?
    The Freebirds?

I still stand by Demolition as the greatest of all time, but seeing as you forgot them (how, I'll never understand), i'll vote for the Harts as close second if not a tie.

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I loved the 'Hart Foundation' with Bret 'Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart. I think it was Jimmy 'Mouth of the South' Hart who managed them. They were class!

KR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

My Bad...

There were a few teams I wanted to also Include that I liked.

Ultimate/Mega powers
    Italian Stallians
    Wild Samonas
    Head Shrinkers
    The Rockers was one

and of course TnA...
    :rolleyes:

I just counldnt resist putting in Lo' Down. In fairness though, before they were in that crappy Anti-American Soudi Gimmick, they were actually pretty good. Not the bets but hey, they were good....

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Demolition for me.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

anyone remember the can-am connection? or power & glory.

• Advertisement

Yep, Can-Am Connection were Rick Martel and Tom Zenk, but Zenk left shortly after they were formed due to a cash dispute so Martel was paired with Tito Santana to form Strike Force.

Power and Glory were Hercules Hernandez Anderson and Paul Roma (of Young Stallions Fame), they never got over (and considering Roma was beaten by a clothes line at the 1990 Survivor Series, it's no wonder why) and Hercules was on his way out anyway. He looked well out of shape by the time P&G were even formed.

Still say their finisher was awesome (for it's time) :)
    Nero

is there anything u dont know?

Loads, especially when it comes to the likes of trigonometry, quantum physics and the life and times of Celine Dion :)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

what about the new age outlaws? Billy Gunn and the Road Dogg were class until Billy got the bad injury

The problem with the Outlaws is that one had mic skills and no in ring talent, and the other was semi decent in the ring and no mic skills at all.

By the time Rumble 2000 came along and they reformed, the Outlaws were as stale as last weeks loaf. As part of DX, they were great, but once 99 came along and DX split, that was that.

Not enough to warrant them as one of the greatest in my honest opinion. Fun while they lasted, but history, they certainly did not make.

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Goblin_insane

A thread called the greatest tag team of all time and you don't even mention "the worlds greatest tag team" ?

Thats gotta be the worst joke i've heard since the XFL :P
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Has to be The Hart Foundation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

The Rockers for me. When I was a kid I was well pissed off when the split.

Ya Know....
    Im so surprised y'all havent given the Hardyz any praise. Saviours of the 2000 to 2002 tag team devision. If its a topic of makinh history.... you cannot deny what they did for the wwe record books.

I myself wouldnt knock the Worlds greatest tag team. I think in time they will set their mark firmly in concrete. Their distinguishing fact IMO is the fact that they dont seem like they are gonna split or fude in the near future. They are the only men at the mo keeping the tag devision alive.

As a matter of fact, all the titles seem to be very meaningless at the moment. Has anyone noticed that. I asked a learned wrestling fan the other night who the Heavy weight cahmp was and they said: HHH, no Goldberd, no HHH. Each title seems to have about 3 or 4 contenders the most t the mo.

Hanza

out of the options given, it would be the harts. but i would have liked to have voted for the rockers.

is it just me or is there a lot of bret hart nostalgia around at the moment?

why not? :)

Bret was just, awwwwh, what word can u use to capture his coolness. My childhood favourite anyway. Plus its comming up the WM. And if y'all are like me, your watching lots of WM history or recap videos to get in to the zone for XX, and you cant help but gaze apon Hart in awe at his classic bouts on these historic events.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i voted for e and c, it realy took heels like them to revamp the tag devision in 2000 to 2002 the hardies wouldnt have got as far if it wearnt for them.

i didnt see much of the hart foundation but loved breth hart when he was in the wwe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

the rock and rolll express? They used sign and everything...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭beatsie

The Bushwackas rule !!!!!!!
    :D

I do give the Hardyz a lot of credit, i just think there were a lot better tag teams before their time.

In general, the tag division has been going nowhere for the last two years. I gave up hope.

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Lance Storm & Justin Credible!!
    The Impact Players!!

Now there was a great tag team!!
    Oh wait this was about the best tag teams... sorry!!
    They still ruled tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

true but ecw's finest were rvd and sabu

Yeah, i'll have to agree with you there!!
    The impact players were always me favourite but they were sometimes outshone by rvd sabu, and there crazy lack of bodily respect!!

Still tho, the best fueds were always between the too!!

RVD and Jerry Lynn Vs the impact Players

Heat Wave 99

WATCH IT PPL! One of the most exciting matches of all time. Great spots in it 2. Storm and RVD rock together.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Demolition (Before Crash Joined)
    The Rockers
    LOD

That's my top three!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

what about Demolition,
    they ruled

rockers were great though. anyone remember their match against the beverly brothers

Was watching the 1991 Royal Rumble last night, it's opener stole the damn show. The Rockers Vs. The (new) Orient Express (Who had previously wrestled as Bad Company in the AWA). Worth checking out if you can get your mits on it.

Nero

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Hanza
    RVD and Jerry Lynn Vs the impact Players

Heat Wave 99

WATCH IT PPL! One of the most exciting matches of all time. Great spots in it 2. Storm and RVD rock together.

Hanza

Had it!!
    Came home last weekend from college to find it smashed to bits in the bin...
    Along with the words 'sorry bout that'...
    Damn you mother...

Fantasic match!!
    Storm's long spot with RVD was classic, ending with the amazing rolling single leg boston crab!!

Thats what Im talk about man, those guys are the sh1t...

Hanza

But where are they now...
    RVD's the only one making a real name for himself!!

God knows what D-List promotion Sabu's in
    Credible is somewhere...?!
    Lance is living the wild life on Heat!!

Advertisement