Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xp home - saving your settings????

• 02-02-2004 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

ok for some reason my computer occasionaly gets stuck on the "saving your settings" logout screen.
    it usually happens when i dial up using ISDN, then when i only get one line i force the second line to dial by going to details,then selecting the second line, then clicking resume.
    however when i disconnect from ISDN the kiosk, showing the functioning lines, shows one line green ( connected) and one red(disconnected) and the internet connection symbol is still in my tray and i cant seem to get rid of it.

then when i try to reboot the computer it gets stuck on the "saving your settings screen".
    i have reinstalled the isdn modem several times but to no avail.

im running windows xp home SP1 ( which supposidly has the fix to this freeze screen)
    i have tried getting the fix to this off microsoft-update manually but windows will not let me run it most likely because it is for win xpPro

does any1 have any ideas?

Advertisement