Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Pro Mode..

Options
  • 19-06-2000 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

..is actually cool, played it on low ping yesterday, the new version is much better than the first version i tried, better than normal q3,its sortof like the difference between winquake and quakeworld, they have totally fixed the lightning gun, its actually a weapon now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

.. i didnt like the first version much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

where can i get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

Now when I look @ a player such as Koopa i Think of something OLD eh something OLD like QUAKE 1"!! now when i think of What he thinks of QUAKE3 hmmmmm let me take a retrospective. BUKLLSH1T"!" WHAT DO YOU KNOW JUST COS YOUR SOME SORT OF Q1 CHAMP? this is NOT q1 and will never be!!

So before you go away and play this Q1 MOD pro-mode take this with you :-

""he who cannot master a battle for what it is, and changes to suit his own needs, has already lost the war"

G0 BACK TO Q1 D1CK - DO NOT RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD GAME!

do I play QW? did I say this or did you just make this up in your corrupt fart-fangled brain!?!??

Q3 natL TEAM?! HAH! is this a j/k>? maybe you live too much on the spirits of Q1 and fail to realise just how naughty ThoSe Swedes R! (eh chaos? smile.gif ). please DO NOT let this CounterSTRike esque git-mod take-over a PERFectly FINE WORLD (nevermind nethouse)!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

rolleyes.gif

kix 2 de faz

• Advertisement

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

can u drop weaps & ammo in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Sam,

CPM is a bloody marvelous mod. Great crack and it does really put the R.A.P.E back into q3. I've played it in team mode v's Bots, looks and feels good, But I would really love a game v's some real opponents. I wonder if we can perswade Regi to slap it on games1 for a weekend and give it ago?

Oh FQD, man, your normally a sound chap. Whats your game? It sounds like you've got it slightly wrong. Koopa is expressing his opionin on CPM, you seem to expressing your opionin on Koopa. Why not keep it on the subject ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i bet if i had posted exactly what sam has here, it wouldent have gotten one reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

FutureQuakeDood.....eh who are you?

You know NOTHING.
    First of all, Koopa isn't some muppet longing for Quake1, he is a player like Beast who can pick up a game in a few hours and beat most people hands down. When Ireland won the four nations, Koopa was one of the best 5 duellers in Europe. He is the type of player that with money behind him, could go professional and win competitions. So don't come in here with your poxy new-boy muppet attitudes and slap down one of the best gamers in the country.

Quote: "Q3 natL TEAM?! HAH! is this a j/k>? "

The Irish Team is not a joke. We are a small country, but we have interested Quake players like any other country, and we have lots of guys putting in an awful lot of effort into it, we probably won't win this League, but we'll give it the best shot we can, and FUKK YOU coming in here laughing at it, you little piece of newbie snot. We are all nerds here, like it or not, but we have the laugh, and go for beer, and have gone abroad, we have more to do that be listening to some prepubescent spotty little virgin newbie, who only sits on these boards all day asking stupid questions and posting dumb smiley faces. If you have no decent input into a conversation, fukk off and play with yourself somewhere else because I for one don't want to hear you, and I'm sure most of the others don't either.

Zero.

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 19-06-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Eloquently put Zero. Methinks FQD is just havin a bad day cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Steven (edited 19-06-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Burnsy

Whats the point of "fixing" quake3. Its fine the way it was. If you like the quake 1 weapons and physics, why not just play quake 1. It still rocks.

----
    "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Zero U Nerd You Forgot Your Smiley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

yer stuff CPM where the sun don't shine ffs

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Future Quake Muppet, I think that Koopa must be fairly good at q3 if he is on the national team.

Go back to the valley you **** sucking mother ****ing piece of horse crap.

it takes a troll to know a troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Actually, I was a little disappointed in the 'full' CPM, some of the stuff in it was wierd, like the amount of armor you get when you already have some, and they seem to still have the problem of picking up a gun and getting only 1 ammo with it sometimes, little things that definately annoyed me about the vq3 game that they mentioned they were going to fix.

On the other hand, the new levels are a LOT of fun, cool jumps, and definately a lot more strategy then t2 and 4.

As for FQD's comments,
    1. Koopa is on the q3 natl team ,so he might jsut be good at q3 too
    2. Mastering battle is one thing, and enjoying a game is another. What CPM tries to do is make a game that in a lot of peoples opinion was very bland into something that had a lot more power, speed and strategy then vanilla q3, and they have every right to do so. They are even allowed enjoy it if they want.
    3. Given your such a purist, get yourself back to winquake or dosquake and leave quakeworld alone, after all, its only a quake mod.

When I play a game online, I play to enjoy it. I dont enjoy q3, a lot of people dont. A lot of people have left the quake scene (or have moved to other games) because of this, and I for one would far prefer to enjoy a game then play it because its the latest wonderful craze. If CPM can do this, the I salute it.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Unless they have changed to shaft again since I last played it I found the changes too much. They once again made the shafty by far the most lethal weapon in the game, and even stronger than it was in Quake. Though I did find the shaft much easy to see and aim with, and I liked the grip of it.

As for that Futurequakedood. Who the hell are you. Shut the fu(k up you clueless d1ck

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Carnage

Well, not to say Koopa isn't a great player, because he is, infact, he k1cks azz. but, just that he is a little fanatical about quake1, more specifically the QW mod. now, i'm not saying that QW or Q1 is not as good as q3, because they are, but they are separate games, made in a different time period. and to alter weaponswitch times, and game physics in an attempt to ressurect quakeworld and replace q3 with it is just wrong, there are some of us that actually like quake3 as it is. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

Hey FutureQuakeFool! Your comments suggest that you have never actually played Koopa, if so quit showing yer ignorance and shut the f-u-c-k up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

no chance we could get back on topic and someone could answer my question? hmmm?

U speak as if Koopa has no voice of his own., THIS doesnt sound like the characteristic of a true CHAMP. maybe a NERD champ, like you say. EitheR way it doesnt HIDE the fact that without VANILLA Q3 like you say all we will have is CW and KCD fighting it out for Top Irish CLAN positionz. I dont know how nerdy u r but maybe you remember old skool DM6?!? WELL DO YOU WANT THATY BACK TOO?! maybe Q1 is your world but it isnt ours.

ja,
    FQD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Eh?
    callvote kick FudgedCakePoo

<< Arf Arf >>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Now, I could be wrong here but didn't this thread start as 'I like this new mod' ?

When did this become a popularity contest?

Koopa says he likes a Mod, agree or disagree, maybe even stretch your writing skills to put an actual point in there to support your view. I can't see what Koopa's skill in a game has to do with his preference for a mod.

As for versions of Quake,

I still play Q1 (QW and CA) every now and then. I also play Q3 (but I suck).

Anyone tried the Assimilation Quake mod for it? Can't see it working in a player vrs. player scenario, I want blues to win, I'll just get myself assimilated onto red and start shooting my own team. smile.gif

Where can we get this much discussed and controversial (sp??) CPM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

So if someone comes on and calls u all the names under the sun, you won't respond because it isn't the topic of the thread??
    Come come!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ere can you still fly around the levels with this CPM ****?
    goddamn that first one sucked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

FuTu you are so dead, when i meet you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Spaceman, I'm not saying that.

What I was talking about is FQD's muppetry in turning an opinion into an opportunity for a slagging match.

anyway, no-one's said where we can get this mod yet....

like your fat face, That is just the childlike response I expected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

FutureQuakeMuppet your the one being childish

Advertisement