Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Burner + PC lagging

• 02-02-2004 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Could be either (well obviously :))

Software problem: What prog do you use? Some writer progs can be fantastic system hoggers

Hardware problem: Shouldn't be a problem on your system really. How much ram do you have? Is the cd-writer a slave to the HD? There are settings you can configure for the drive, which i can't recall right now, but Win2K should set these to optimum.

What brand cd-writer?

....bit of a rush answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

have you got DMA enabled. Go into device manager, anc (depending on OS) double click on your burner, or the IDE controller its connetced to, and see if DMA is on.

IF its off, turn it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

nero6 can be a greedy fecker when it comes to cpu time and ram. during an average burn on my machine nero usually takes upwards of 300mb of ram. anyway you really shouldnt be doing anything while a cd is burning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

could it be that you ahve to buffer set to 300mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I had the same problem and it was that DMA wasent set. I always do other things when cd's are burning, play games, rip dvd's, encoding.......... dont have any problems really.

Would get very annoyed if i had to wait while my pc was burning a cd or dvd!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement