Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault dealers - recommendations for service

Options
  • 02-02-2004 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I'm about to buy an 02 Laguna and live in the Swords area. I'm trying to decide on a dealer to take the car too for services and so on. The most convenient for me would be Drumcondra, Clontarf or maybe Lusk.

If anyone has any experience of these dealers and could give me a steer, I'd be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I always get my motors from clontarf, the service boys do a good job there as well however if there is anything extra you want (like fix the bit of rubber under the front bumper) you got to tell them first

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

Thanks, Nutzz.

In fact, I've been going to Clontarf with my Megane for the past 5 years and I was looking to see if anyone had better experiences elsewhere.

In general, they've been fine but a few strange things have happened. The worst was when the rear view mirror fell off and I asked them to re-attach it. You would not believe where they re-attached it on the windscreen. It was actually blocking my vision.

I find that they're good at the standard stuff but, as you mention, they don't really do much more. I've even had cases where they completely ignored faults that I had reported.

Still, I'll probably stick with them unless someone has something very good to say about somewhere else.

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement