Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neverwinter - Which version to get?

Options
  • 02-02-2004 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Still suffering major withdrawal symptoms after finishing Knights of the Old Republic so I am going to give Neverwinter Nights a try. I spent a couple of hours playing around with the demo and I reckon I can put up with the beardiness of it all (Please don't tell anyone).

Play.Com has two versions: The original in a fat cardboard box for UK£17.99 and a combi-pack which includes Shadow of the Undrentide also for UK£17.99. Anyone know of any reason to buy the original rather than the 2 in 1? For example do you get a proper printed manual with the 2 in 1 deal? I am unlikely to ever get around to playing the expansion pack so I would go for the original if it comes with anything extra.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I might be wrong on this but I think you dont get the nice fat manual with the 2 in 1, thought I remember someone moaning about that somewhere.

One thing worth keeping in mind is that a lot of new modules require the expansion packs to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    I might be wrong on this but I think you dont get the nice fat manual with the 2 in 1, thought I remember someone moaning about that somewhere.

One thing worth keeping in mind is that a lot of new modules require the expansion packs to play.

Thanks Rev - the lack of manual was what I feared - Can anyone confirm or deny this please?

What exactly do you mean by " a lot of new modules" require the expansion packs? What are new modules?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

a module is like a level. There are some class mods out there, some are better than the NWN game itself and best of all they are free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'd get the one with SoU in it. You'll be annoyed when you want to buy SoU and you can only get the gold version, so you would end up paying for NWN twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭slartibardfast

I got the double pack, manuals are one the CD so don't worry to much. It's quite a nice pack, unlike the north American version it comes in two DVD cases, in a paper sleave.

P.S. Hordes of The Underdark from Play include paper manuals if you really want the paper based hit! (it's loads of info about the first game too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

OK 2 in one it is so.

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement