Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defoe to Spurs - Zamora to Hammers

• 02-02-2004 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Defoe will sign for Spurs later today with Zamora plus cash going in the opposite direction.

As a West Ham fan I am glad to see tha back of this littel Judas..good riddance I say.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

And where did you get this little nugget of tranfer gossip? A link would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

thought defoe would go somewhere else really
    they will have a nice forward line now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1121828,00.html

Looks like they`ll also snap up Paul Robinson : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/3450963.stm

With Bobby "Lower Division" Zamora going to Wet Sham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It's already been confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

robinson's deal has fallen through beacuse it was too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Big Ears
    robinson's deal has fallen through beacuse it was too late.
    I think they would have been foolish to buy him anyway. What is the story with Spurs buying quality players for their strongest positions when they should be strenghtening the weak area's. For example, up front they have Keane, Postiga, Kanoute and Defoe aswell as others that can't even make the bench. If they bought Robinson they would have him and Keller, they would be in competition with United in those two positions while leaving other positions with no backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BonmahonHammers

Its a super deal for the Hammers, 7 million alone is fantastic, then throw Zamora in, and uve got a cracking deal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

zamoras only a loan deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Helix
    zamoras only a loan deal
    Where did you hear that? I am nearly sure made a permanent move. Anyway, I don't think he would have a chance of getting by Keane, Kanoute, Defoe and Postiga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its definitely not permanant, it was announced that west ham have him for a years loan, with first option on him after the year

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

definitely?? get me a link! it's a straight forward swap + cash deal as far as i know. it must be a f'ucking straight deal... a loan plus cash deal makes little sense. i stand to be corrected. i love bobby zamora. i was convinced he'd be a premiership hit... if i thought that, obviously pleat is a gobs'hite!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's a permanent move. Spurs wanted it to be a loan deal, but Pardew was having none of it so they offered him a permanent move.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BonmahonHammers

Its a permanent deal as Pardew wanted a direct replacement for Defoe and he wud not accept the loan deal

Advertisement