Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

What improvements would i see with SRAM Brakes? The calipers seem easy enough to replace am I right?

none you just might be able to swap out your wheel quicker, they open up a bit more .. was not telling you to change your brakes , just joking about finishing off the groupset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Lumen wrote: »
    That one is. This one (not mine) is quite nice:

big_E-80_V1.jpg
    Savage, almost too good to cycle !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

57265.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

^^ Sweet! Do you own one??

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

I know not beauty, but...

Before & after bike renovation (new cranks, chain, bb, freewheel, mudguards and mudflap). (all cheapest parts except guards and flap).

Renovated it just for deepest winter riding when the rain or snow is bucketing down for the commute.

But boy do I regret not just buying a second hand road bike, as riding this is awful compared to the road bike I got in April.

Cant believe I commuted on this for the best part of 5 years up until April, as this year I now fly home on my Scott (I would like to think!)
    and have got stuck into sportifs and weekend cycling which I never did at all before.
    <snip>
    After:
    <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Baby internet jesus cries a little when someone uploads images too big (3,072px × 2,304px) for threads :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

Apologies jesus :)
    133183.JPG
    133184.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

^^^ All you need now is the correct cycling gear & you're good to go!

* I'll get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

133205.JPG

From this morning

Broadmeadow.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Jawgap wrote: »
    From this morning

I don't get it. Where's the bike?

Also..
    72hundred wrote: »
    Baby internet jesus cries a little when someone uploads images too big (3,072px × 2,304px) for threads mad.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lemag wrote: »
    I don't get it. Where's the bike?

535ll1.jpg

I was wondering where Beasty was this morning:)

.......and why is he on the wrong side of the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

As a mod Beasty is never at the wrong side of the road, it is possible however for the road to be on the wrong side of Beasty, and being at the wrong side of Beasty aint a good place to be.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

sunday mornings are great - shame my legs weren't (1km from the house end of first climb)
    133391.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

2zeihdi.jpg

Is this bike an image of beauty? Got it second hand for quite cheap a while ago. Its a bit old but apparently quite a decent bike, dura ace parts.. complete newbie to cycling but I'm having the time of my life on it so far!

If the bike isn't, hopefully these are..

2rxjuyc.jpg

33f3k0o.jpg

Nice, but judging by the size of your ironing board the frame is too big for you:)

Where were pictures 2 & 3 taken?

haha nah its actually for my umpa-lumpa servant, takes care of my household chores.

the pics are from outside Kashiwazaki city, Niigata prefecture, in Japan.

You can't just post
    just-joe wrote: »

the pics are from outside Kashiwazaki city, Niigata prefecture, in Japan.

and leave it at that without getting a ban :)

Surely there's a decent story as to how the bike (and you?) ended up there - hopefully it starts with "One afternoon I told the missus I was just nipping [no pun intended] out to Tesco Clare Hall for some milk......"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

just-joe wrote: »
    haha nah its actually for my umpa-lumpa servant, takes care of my household chores.

Deadly.

2aeus88.jpg

haha yeah maybe that was a bit random I guess.. not quite the same story but..

One afternoon I told the missus I was just going to pop over to Japan for a bit, teach English and maybe start cycling when I get there. Hopped on a plane and its goin grand so far. ;) Hense the umpa-lumpa servant sized ironing board and tatami mats in the background.

= I'm on the JET programme teaching English for (at least) a year, thought I'd give cycling a try and got really lucky with this bike. Got it second hand in Tokyo a few weeks ago from a sound Australian bloke who had been living here in Japan for about 15 years. Japan seems to be a great place to cycle as the roads are in really good condition and the scenery is beautiful. Hopefully I'll keep it up and do some longer journies when the weather gets good again. Has anyone else here cycled in Japan?

Speaking of which, theres a team which cycles from the top to the bottom of Japan every year over a few months, BEE Japan. Probably a good place to give them a shout out, they have a cool website, worth checking out!

If theres any other questions I can answer to distance myself from the ban, go for it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Better pictures later, but for now

cc3a1a718ff815ceba61603dea5074d9_full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Welcome to the Brompton club! Great bikes.

I don't think that plastic caps on the wheel nuts serve any purpose once the bike is delivered. Well, I took mine off anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I have still to take them off (but I will).

Ordered a front bag with it too but waiting for it to come into the shop.

Really liking it so far - marveling at the fold mechanism. It really is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Giant MCR SS - This one has been a while in the making. I dragged these wheels through half of Boston to get 'em home (no money left for the T :p)

New horizontal dropouots were machined for it, thanks to Michael (mech) and Paul @ The Bike Hut in Howth - superb job lads.

I thought they'd take off the tri-bars but they add to the overall OTTness of the bike, so they may just have to stay.

350ng29.jpg

10yjfus.jpg

21mx8yc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Amazing bike, the axle is very far back in the drops, would you not consider removing a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Bah
    naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    nahs.

What's the bike used for? and what's going on with those pedals?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

penexpers wrote: »

I have still to take them off (but I will).

Ordered a front bag with it too but waiting for it to come into the shop.

Really liking it so far - marveling at the fold mechanism. It really is brilliant.
    Did you get the touring pannier?

The front-mounted baggage is ingenious too, just like the fold. Very fast to put on and very secure. Mine came with a rain hood for the bag too. These bikes are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Who is Barry Heron?

abcdggs wrote: »
    Amazing bike, the axle is very far back in the drops, would you not consider removing a link?

thanks, and point taken
    Raam wrote: »
    Who is Barry Heron?

an uncle, it's his old room

• Advertisement

niceonetom wrote: »
    Bah
    naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    nahs.

What's the bike used for? and what's going on with those pedals?

Agreed, they're cheap POSs

Advertisement