Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

They look like Wellgo pedals. They're certainly quite cheap, but they're not POSs, I think. I had a pair of Wellgos that lasted over five years (with servicing). Always spun nicely during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

It's not that they're cheap or whatever, it's that they're flat pedals more at home on a DH bike than a TT machine - that's why I was asking what the bike is for. Speed is unlikely to be a concern if those are the right pedals, so then why the bars? Or maybe it's for the type of triathlete who thinks doing the bike leg in their asics is a good idea. Then again if the bike is just for being mental then, well, mission accomplished I suppose. I want one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Did you get the touring pannier?

The front-mounted baggage is ingenious too, just like the fold. Very fast to put on and very secure. Mine came with a rain hood for the bag too. These bikes are great.

No I opted to not get the rear rack and bag, just the front T bag (was tempted by the C bag).

penexpers wrote: »
    No I opted to not get the rear rack and bag, just the front T bag (was tempted by the C bag).
    I think the T-Bag is the successor to the touring pannier (I got my bike and luggage in 2009, and I think they've updated the luggage now). The front-mounted luggage seems to balance the whole bike out better than using a rack.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

They look like Wellgo pedals. They're certainly quite cheap, but they're not POSs, I think. I had a pair of Wellgos that lasted over five years (with servicing). Always spun nicely during that time.

DMR V8 Flats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

It mightn't be much ... but tis all I got ! :)

IMG_2009ps.jpg

IMG_2012ps.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Planet X wrote: »
    DMR V8 Flats.

nope they're Wellgos alright

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Picked this up yesterday from CRC yesterday. I expected it to be a compact but the specs on CRC were incorrect. Anyway took it on its maiden voyage this morning for a spin around Blessington lakes. Im very happy with my purchase :D

cubeattempt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

logistic wrote: »
    Picked this up yesterday from CRC yesterday. I expected it to be a compact but the specs on CRC were incorrect. Anyway took it on its maiden voyage this morning for a spin around Blessington lakes. Im very happy with my purchase :D

cubeattempt.jpg

last time i road mine to blessington i crashed hope you fared better

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

manafana wrote: »
    last time i road mine to blessington i crashed hope you fared better

Made it back in one piece and so did the bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I expected it to be a compact

Sure you did
    but the specs on CRC were incorrect

Sure they were

:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

cubeattempt.jpg

got the exact same bike from crc the other day myself ... Im delighted with it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    New today.

105 groupset, carbon frame in matt, which may not be to everyone's taste - it has that vaguely rough texture which say's "prototype" to me - me? I love it!

P1010142web.jpgP1010144web.jpgP1010145web.jpgP1010148web.jpg

Lovely, bike, I have one in the other colour scheme (black, white and red, gloss finish) with ultegra and fulcrum racing 3's. Stunning bike, rides fantastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭AirsoftPeak

lol, I have a similar bike like this!!:D
    Lumen wrote: »
    POW! (not mine)

cyc-1282739634-55-43693.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I think the T-Bag is the successor to the touring pannier (I got my bike and luggage in 2009, and I think they've updated the luggage now). The front-mounted luggage seems to balance the whole bike out better than using a rack.

Yep it is the follow-up to the touring pannier (they re-did all the luggage for 2010). It's really fantastic, can carry quite a bit of stuff in it and due to the mounting mechanism, it doesn't affect the balance of the bike or the steering at all.

Have to say I'm really very impressed by the bike so far. I had really high expectations about the bike and they have all been exceeded. It rides really well and I like the P bars for the multiple positions. I love rocking up and "parking" the bike.

And I've already struck up conversations with randomers on four separate occasions.

I was only 90% convinced but now I'm 100% convinced that the only folding bike worth considering is a Brompton.

I love rocking up and "parking" the bike.

The first stage of the fold does make for a quite a decent stand.
    And I've already struck up conversations with randomers on four separate occasions.

Yeah, about half the times I take the Brompton out I end up talking to someone about it.

But virtually 100% of the times I take out the Bike Hod trailer I end up talking about that. I've started making allowances for the extra five or ten minutes my journey will take. I brought the trailer out with the Brompton on one occasion, and I spent about fifteen minutes talking to someone about the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I posted about doing the Tour De Picnic as a complete novice. I am now totally hooked.

I bought this piece of wonder at the weekend:

2011-trek-lexa-womens-road-bikes-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Woo, pretty. Hope you got a good lock...

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

134427.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

^^^^^^^^ - Glanmire, beautiful Cork !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Class pic, It wasn't like that when I cycled past it later this morning... The elements were a tad more 'active'.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This pleases me.

natureboytensioner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

waiting for these for the new frame (and a new frame)

DC-B1268.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

waiting for these for the new frame (and a new frame)

DC-B1268.jpg
    Where does it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

abcdggs wrote: »
    Where does it go?

off the seatpost bolt its a cable stop for the rear cantilevers

hope it ends up looking like this

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?106055-Building-a-bike-rear-cable-hanger-question&p=1152884&viewfull=1#post1152884

i have the same old style XT canti's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Storck-Absolutist.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Very nice Raam, one of your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Here is Storck's mechanical bike humping device in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

murph226 wrote: »
    Very nice Raam, one of your own?

I wish :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭thehangtenguy

My commuter and my mountainbike :)

Advertisement