Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

All he needs now is the Kaiku kit :pac:

*shudders*
    ROK ON wrote: »
    I think that it is the Orwell kit that is de rigeur with the PX. . . (gets my coat:rolleyes:)

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on which kit we're talking about I don't live in Dublin anymore. What would the neighbours say if they saw me heading out in that kaiku kit they're not as understanding of metrosexuals in this part of the country:D. I've seen the photos on the MAWS thread :eek:. Orwell gear is nice though except for their painted on six pacs.

I'll just have to get some boards gear on the next order.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just finished the new commuter (bare frame to this ) :D

136787.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

HPIM0523.jpgHPIM0522.jpgHPIM0524.jpg

Finally get around to taking a couple of snaps of her. Snow and dug up garden gives the impression I'm harder than most and was out being healthy today. :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Nice bikes ENW and CH.
    One thing I dont miss about Dublin is small titchy back gardens.

Proper big rural gardens.
    Love the shed in ENW's picture. Proper old skool outhouse/shed.
    Twasnt long ago that people in this country lived in buildings like that rather than stored bikes ther (we maybe heading back to those times).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ROK ON wrote: »
    Nice bikes ENW and CH.
    One thing I dont miss about Dublin is small titchy back gardens.

Proper big rural gardens.
    Love the shed in ENW's picture. Proper old skool outhouse/shed.

mine has a sauna as well (needs a new heater though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Few quick snaps of my new (to me) mountain bike which I bought from c montgomery here! Now that I replaced the well worn chain, cassette, jockey wheels, chainring, bottom bracket, cable and upgraded the bars it is almost running like a new bike! I'm loving it so far :)

5216168936_2542dae1c4_z.jpg5216171868_9e56888353_z.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/56413948@N05/sets/72157625362952189/with/5216168936/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

156108_465338618316_560318316_5720428_2603068_n.jpg

Got this on hol's when my beloved DBR Zetec was nicked in Carhaix. Went to Decathalon the next day and got this. Great fun and wearing well 4 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

0003fc74-970.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭it's mick

not cycling related but certainly beautiful and taken by a non-professional fellow boardsie.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69321131

2BJPp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

OH's bike, bought in August and has been taken out once, as predicted!

Img_9530.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

An Audi A4 Cabriolet and a VW Beetle? Sir, I have lost all respect for you!

Bike looks nice though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What size is that bike? it looks tiny

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    An Audi A4 Cabriolet and a VW Beetle? Sir, I have lost all respect for you!

Bike looks nice though.

You're right - a Beetle's not good for the street cred, but thankfully it's not mine! :o

But I knew you'd appreciate the bike, has plenty of that pinkness you dig :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Wow pink nipples !!!

CramCycle wrote: »
    What size is that bike? it looks tiny

It's size small, 45cm. Compact and bijoux :)

Sorry for bad camera phone photos inside, I'll grab some of them on the bike when I get a chance!! :):D
    5241635997_a2d98866fd_z.jpg
    5242231098_a7b92d79c6.jpg5241635677_d0e5c0a0ac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

Sorry for bad camera phone photos inside, I'll grab some of them on the bike when I get a chance!! :):D
    Nice on HB, where'd ya end up getting them in the end?

Nice on HB, where'd ya end up getting them in the end?

Lad on adverts 2nd hand....got the bus up and down to Dublin today for them but WELL worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

HB: nice wheels, but why do your QRs not match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

Sandy
    sandysmall.jpg
    and Joe
    Dolan1.jpg

That's what you get when you ask Barney to paint your walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Lumen wrote: »
    That's what you get when you ask Barney to paint your walls.
    If one stares at those pictures wall-eyed (a la an autostereogram) one should be able to make out Barney holding them up.

Again sorry for the bad indoor photos but just put them on the bike and I'm happy out!! :D Lets see how many seconds they are worth in time trials next season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Unstickying ! Never fear, the thread remains and will be bumped up regularly with pictures. If you get lost and can't find it, go to the link from the charter!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Gavin wrote: »
    Unstickying ! Never fear, the thread remains and will be bumped up regularly with pictures. If you get lost and can't find it, go to the link from the charter!

Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Again sorry for the bad indoor photos but just put them on the bike and I'm happy out!! :D Lets see how many seconds they are worth in time trials next season!!

very slick !!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

I used to love these LeMond bikes the Z team used years back... the years haven't been too kind to it but I still think it rocks....VELO_TVT_LEMOND_Z_16.JPG&w=800

@Fender: what are the loops hanging off the bottom of the brakes? Are they some sort of quick release mechanism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Yeah.. I think so.. Most brake pads from the 80's had these especially Campy, some brake pads still have them... I'm not entirely sure what purpose they serve...

Also, if you look at the handle bars you'll see the additional bars curving back towards the brakes, LeMond used these for climbing... didn't really catch on...

Advertisement