Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Lumen wrote: »
    @Fender: what are the loops hanging off the bottom of the brakes? Are they some sort of quick release mechanism?
    if its the loops coming down from the brake pads, they're meant to guide the wheel into position when it's being installed, so the wheel doesnt get stuck on the brake pads when one is trying to make a quick change

edit- they're a more pronounced version of what you see on modern brake pads
    138933.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Nice lugage on that LeMond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

nice bike, that LeMond, but maybe it's just me - did it remind anyone else of one of these.....

loop-the-loop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Nah it's more like one of these!

3915416214a5124049996l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

The Ultimate Single speed (Scroll down the page)? Maybe not but nice anyway.

http://bikereviews.com/2010/11/trek-k-swiss-custom-speed-concept-bike/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Ah FFS why did this thread get unstikied! I like checking this thread first on cycling boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

...I am still waiting for someone to post in here, tut-tut, they are meant to be taking photos of their new steed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    ...I am still waiting for someone to post in here, tut-tut, they are meant to be taking photos of their new steed...

31zzo.jpg
    h04Ur.jpg
    67nXe.jpg
    EC8O0.jpg
    N5DuB.jpg
    cKDZc.jpg

... and this
    xauiZ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭tfrancer

Just finished building my Thorn MkIII Audax bike. Drive train is 10 speed Campagnolo Record (parts I collected over the years); Ambrosio Momentum carbon fork and seatpost and carbon effect long drop brake calipers; wheels: DT Swiss RR465 rims on Record hubs. Weighs in at around 24 lbs complete with mudguards and rear rack. Have to get out now to road test it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

FFS, when will people stop quoting whole post of images.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

tfrancer wrote: »
    Just finished building my Thorn MkIII Audax bike. Drive train is 10 speed Campagnolo Record (parts I collected over the years); Ambrosio Momentum carbon fork and seatpost and carbon effect long drop brake calipers; wheels: DT Swiss RR465 rims on Record hubs. Weighs in at around 24 lbs complete with mudguards and rear rack. Have to get out now to road test it!

Very nice. Where did you pick up the frame? I was at the Thorn stand at the cycling expo a few months ago and I've been tempted since then to replace my touring/commuting bike with one.

levitronix wrote: »
    Thats some magic trick .... MTB MTB MTB razamtazz road bike
    You have a canyon collection now :)
    Awww man!! If only I'd thought of that before my post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Have had this frame/bike hanging around since last year, kindly donated by tunney

Need a bike to lock up in work for getting around town at lunch time so I decided to sinle speed it... cheap as possible.

attachment.php?attachmentid=139130&stc=1&d=1292176295

Washer on the chainring bolts..

attachment.php?attachmentid=139129&stc=1&d=1292176181

Old derailleur + hacksaw = tensioner..

attachment.php?attachmentid=139128&stc=1&d=1292176158

Needs brakes unless I wanna be this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

@mloc

When I saw what you'd done to that derailleur I sicked up a little bit in my mouth.

Top stuff.

Lumen wrote: »
    @mloc

When I saw what you'd done to that derailleur I sicked up a little bit in my mouth.

Top stuff.

;) It works quite well as a tensioner. Had planed to split the cassette and just use a single cog with spacers but now I can't really be arsed, I can also select between 3 or 4 sizes on the rear by adjusting the limit screw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

I like what you've done, I' m a big fan of the DIY approach to bicycle mechanics but I'm not sure I get it here. could you not just have left it has it was and not changed gears?

I like what you've done, I' m a big fan of the DIY approach to bicycle mechanics but I'm not sure I get it here. could you not just have left it has it was and not changed gears?

Pah, no fun in that... although it would have saved me some time alright :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭tfrancer

Very nice. Where did you pick up the frame? I was at the Thorn stand at the cycling expo a few months ago and I've been tempted since then to replace my touring/commuting bike with one.

Ordered direct from SJS Cycles in the UK over a year ago:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/thorn-audax-frames-dept432_pg1/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

1-695_Premium_Mondrian.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0lIKbjbQbfdKuZAkQe0hPJABDF36N2txLbQCIbWG2KI0HimjdLw

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

IS THIS NOT A STICKY ANYMORE

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

NOT ON MY PC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Needabike wrote: »
    IS THIS NOT A STICKY ANYMORE

Needs punctuation.
    Needabike wrote: »
    NOT ON MY PC!!!

Needs less punctuation.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

1-695_Premium_Mondrian.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0lIKbjbQbfdKuZAkQe0hPJABDF36N2txLbQCIbWG2KI0HimjdLw
    i seen this frame in the cycle superstore a few weeks back,its unreal.near made me do a sex wee!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Mate of mine in Scotland has just ordered that Look 695 mondrian. Not jealous at all.......

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

The bearings on the right pedal must be really tight!

I couldn't find a link for their 'chest warmers' page :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

Couldn't help posting this one...

155599_10150098833962922_388815897921_7289279_1977932_n.jpg

Very cool in the flesh!

Advertisement