Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

LCRC_BAX wrote: »
    @fat bloke - great minds! Already done that, have since fitted Red Hudz and matching bar tape to brighten up the cockpit. The stem has been lowered too & abt 1" taken off the seatpost. As for the saddle that's a fiz:ik Arione and I swear by it, it will never be changed!

Did you keep the tape you took off? The bar tape on the Addict is the best I've ever used, loads of people I know would frikken kill for it but it can't be bought anywhere, not even from Scott themselves. From what I believe the guys in Slanes are tortured by people looking for it but it just can't be had as an aftermarket product.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭spokeydokey

Jaysus, it's just a bit of 'oul tape to me. I never knew there was killing and torture involved:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Beasty wrote: »
    New wheels and Quarq fitted - I guess it's now time to display the TT bike here

Very slippery !!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Very tasty young man, but saddle position looks illegal to me. Out with the spirit level and ruler!

(yes, I'm just jealous that your TT bike is better than mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

el tel wrote: »
    Did you keep the tape you took off? The bar tape on the Addict is the best I've ever used, loads of people I know would frikken kill for it but it can't be bought anywhere, not even from Scott themselves. From what I believe the guys in Slanes are tortured by people looking for it but it just can't be had as an aftermarket product.

2nd that - I left it on till the bitter end & had to change it cause it was in ribbons! Few guys in our club use Lizard Skins tape & it's abt the closest match to the orig Scott stuff - costs €30 though, bit much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

Saddle bag - CRC abt €15. Great buy.

Wheels - from ebay, have since passed them on, I ride Zipps & Campag Eurus now. Only reason I sold them was that I didn't like the hassle of tubulars in the end. They rolled very smooth, were strong (I'm 14st) and didn't give me any probs. Sold them to a club-mate and he found them great until he totalled the rear in a race after nailing a massive pothole :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

IMG_8009Large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

ttbike.jpg

Saddle position does not look UCI legal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

gman2k wrote: »
    IMG_8009Large.jpg

are you a banker? :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lumen wrote: »
    but saddle position looks illegal to me. Out with the spirit level and ruler!
    mloc123 wrote: »
    Saddle position does not look UCI legal ;)

I don't anticipate any problems - the eyesight of the IVCA "scrutineers" is not that good, and they are still working to the rules established pre-metrication;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

@Gman2k - I like you sold all your furniture and bought bikes!! Respect:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I reckon he's a property speculator...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I don't anticipate any problems - the eyesight of the IVCA "scrutineers" is not that good, and they are still working to the rules established pre-metrication medication;)

FYP :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A few posts that are not quite in the context of "cycling" beauty have been moved to the broomwagon

Beasty

Hey, you're the one with the cool bankers name!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

gman2k wrote: »
    Hey, you're the one with the cool bankers name!

cant argue with that :D getting the mtb sorted tomorrow so il throw up pics when its back from the shop...cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Mother o' Jayyyysus, that's a posh lookin' bike!!

Give us the gory details :).

And a ride review. - in a separate thread maybe would be better. Bikes like that should have their own threads. (If only to redress the "Trek MyFirstRoadBike v's the Cube Stabilisers" imbalance :))

fat bloke wrote: »

Give us the gory details :).
    A bike mainly from posts on here:

Frame (courtesy of Mr. Skeffington)
    Back wheel
    Front wheel
    PM/cranks

The wheels will also double up on the track bike

Need to get hold of a 16mm hex wrench to tighten the cranks, then she will be ready to road test - first outing in anger is intended to be the vets TT league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

simoni1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

P1100514.jpg

My baby. Taken last Saturday after I collected it from getting the first service, got a new stem for free :). Still yet to hit the mountains on it, no time at the moment so it's only commuting for now.

The difference between this and my old Raleigh Switchback is unreal. It's nice to have a real bike, not a POS, heavy, boat handling turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Seweryn wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

It is not a Beauty yet, but it will be very soon!...
    ...Finally I got the replacement crankset (the original crank arms were too big - 175mm) and I put the bike together. I couldn't sleep last night after replacing of the crankset, as I usually get very excited when it comes to toys like these. I went for my first test ride this morning with some tools to adjust the saddle, shifting, etc...

Well, I have to say, I like it :).

5498881045_814b1f2fa9_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

^^^ The mutts nuts! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,572 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

line up the tyre and rim decals and it will be perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

line up the tyre and rim decals and it will be perfect :)
    Accepted protocol is to line up valve hole and tyre branding, i thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,572 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Oh i have no idea about any protocols, as i'm still a complete newbie to cycling, just think it would look more pleasing on the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

abcdggs wrote: »
    Accepted protocol is to line up valve hole and tyre branding, i thought...

Thought so to - I think the pro mechanics do it to make the valve easier to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭jefferson73

NOS 2003 COLNAGO C40 WORLD CHAMPION ltd EDITION 59ct

ebay

speed_001.jpg

speed_034.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

NOS 2003 COLNAGO C40 WORLD CHAMPION ltd EDITION 59ct

ebay

speed_001.jpg

speed_034.jpg

My Buddy Rusty has the C50 version of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Seweryn wrote: »
    5498881045_814b1f2fa9_b.jpg

I won't lie to you, but it's the colours that does it for me :). It's a beauty, fair play. It would go well with this! :D

Advertisement