Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

I won't lie to you, but it's the colours that does it for me :). It's a beauty, fair play. It would go well with this! :D
    Thanks :D. I did not know about the Club. Great idea! But at the moment the first thing for me is to get fitter, to be able to keep up with anyone :p.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Seweryn wrote: »
    Thanks :D. I did not know about the Club. Great idea! But at the moment the first thing for me is to get fitter, to be able to keep up with anyone :p.

We have beginners spins starting next month, you'll be fit in no time :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

We have beginners spins starting next month, you'll be fit in no time :)
    Great, I have some time to get used to the saddle at least :D.
    By the way, are you from around KK as well ;) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

while checking out the bbc website for info on the Japanese Tsunami I noticed this link on the page. some lovely machines. the Full collection can be seen here (not sure if this links was posted before)

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Seweryn wrote: »

dont worry plenty of us have BIBTTR syndrome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

The BBC have set up a rival to this thread:)

In pictures: The beauty of the bicycle

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bulletbill

my first road bike and my first post!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Well done on both. Nice bit of understated colour co-ordination there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

el tonto wrote: »
    Well done on both. Nice bit of understated colour co-ordination there.

I like the colour scheme. I also like the cat inside on the table. (s)he thinks you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bulletbill

Idleater wrote: »
    I like the colour scheme. I also like the cat inside on the table. (s)he thinks you're doing it wrong.

lol great observtion I was wondering how long that would take :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Idleater wrote: »

The cat wants the saddlebag gone and the chain in the big ring.

If you don't do it, expect some mysterious punctures.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Seweryn, whats that on your chainstay with SKS Ger written on it.. is it some sort of sleeve...?

Fender76 wrote: »
    Seweryn, whats that on your chainstay with SKS Ger written on it.. is it some sort of sleeve...?
    Hi Fender,

It is a chainstay protector. It is a piece of synthetic cloth wrapped around the chainstay...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Good idea. I've only ever seen small metal plates used that way. I've damaged the finish on my chainstay by having the chain one link too long for a few weeks. Mind you, I'm not that pushed what my bike looks like, but it's a pity to ruin finish for no good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

DaveyDave wrote: »
    P1100514.jpg

My baby. Taken last Saturday after I collected it from getting the first service, got a new stem for free :). Still yet to hit the mountains on it, no time at the moment so it's only commuting for now.

The difference between this and my old Raleigh Switchback is unreal. It's nice to have a real bike, not a POS, heavy, boat handling turd.

Lovely bike, I'm jealous... But I can't believe those peddles are stock on that bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

$%28KGrHqMOKkME1tnQwDv5BNeL+PRHcw%7E%7E_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Bought this frame last October, finally finished building it up today. Too late though to go for a decent spin.

4983207739_6635bbe4ab_b.jpg

The Planet X has been 're-classified' as my training/sportive machine. Campag groupset replaced by Sram Rival, pedals upgraded to Speedplays & cheap Aksiums from Cyclesuperstore replace the Open Pro on Campag hub wheels.

5522916710_c8ac01f98a.jpg

Campag groupset now fitted to an ould frame I've had lying round the house for a while. It's made by a crowd called Giant apparently. Would love to get a set of carbon wheels for it now, but the trusty Easton Ascents will do the job for now as credit card is busted. This will be the new commuting/shopping machine. Might do the odd race on it too;).

5522939676_4d4df0e89a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

5522939676_4d4df0e89a.jpg

Lovely! I take back what I said about the black - the white looks great! Look forward to seeing it in the flesh so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Not a great quality photo but here we go:

5402149590_2b394d0c66_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

Apologies if this has come up previously:

- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12668503

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

JDT101.... That is beautiful....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

a little peek at something I'm building for a guy, frame is beautiful and very light(Colombus SLX tubing), looks like it was only used for a few miles or not used at all, has a couple paint chips

190506_10150451691035604_681875603_18167459_2063038_n.jpg
    190506_10150451691025604_681875603_18167458_3822082_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Ah jaze, I dunno, but I would do anything for a hot Pinarello SLX frame....
    Think I'll have to start a new steel frame project soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Thats a sweet looking Pinarello , what wheels and rims are you running on that bike? Where did you source those rims ? Thanks for sharing .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

The 2011 Farnese Vini-Neri Sottoli kit.............:D

team-farnese-vini-neri-sottoli-2011-gear11-japan.jpg

Normally, I wouldn't crave team kit, but I'd make an exception for this, and especially so for Visconti's National Champions kit...............I would nearly buy that, even if it is seriously frowned upon if you haven't 'earned' it. Its fantastic looking, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Glad it's the kit, for a moment I thought your definition of "images of beauty" was "an entire cellar full of young men". Rule #1 of celebrating team kit *should* be that the riders must be celebrating a victory, like so:

1982d4725f6c229d102bb17e1075eb44-getty-cycling-qat-tour.jpg

I blame El Tonto for this, he started a bad trend with his team kit thread and Quick Step pillow fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wanted to post in this thread for a long time, got my first proper roadbike today :D

Boardman Comp 2010:

5534938898_3d2c9f9f14_b.jpg

5534357779_4cc9980884_b.jpg

Its perfect as far as Im concerned, super light and comfortable, you spin your legs and straight away you're doing 20 kph, put any effort in and you're doing 30-35, I flew back into Dublin from Coolock after buying it, wouldn't have bothered doing that 8km on my old hybrid, I'd give it a spin from Bray to Greystones now but its Paddies Day and theres drinking to be done, thanks for the advice everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Thargor wrote: »
    5534938898_3d2c9f9f14_b.jpg

Bike is lovely but I won't be able to sleep tonight unless you promise to replace that mudguard with a nice discreet Crud Mark II or a Road Racer:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 SnakePliskin

Bike is lovely but I won't be able to sleep tonight unless you promise to replace that mudguard with a nice discreet Crud Mark II or a Road Racer:).

Have a boardman team carbon with crud racer mk2 mudguards on the back. Will post up pics tomorrow if you like to get an idea what it looks like. Not 100% sold on them myself tbh. Must clean the bike first though before its scrutinised.

Advertisement