Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They make a bike look kind of old fashioned in a way I dont like to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Let's post up the two pictures and have a poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Mudguards have no place on Images of Beauty unless on a utility bike.

The application of filth prophylactics is something to be done shamefully and in private.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

No slight on any of the images here in particular, but has this thread gone down in quality since it was demoted from a "sticky"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

spyderski wrote: »
    but has this thread gone down in quality since it was demoted from a "sticky"?

Stop yer bitching & post an image then! :p

I would love to build a bike from a frame like this some day!

619225941_p5fjh-X2-3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

spyderski wrote: »
    photopf.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cervelo S2
    Dura Ace 7900
    Lightweight Standard III
    3T ARX Limited White Edition Bars & Stem
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Saddle
    Rotor Chain Catcher

TO FOLLOW:
    Look Keo Blade Ti's
    Bottle cages TBC

6.42KG !!!!
    Me VERY happy !!!:D

Not bitchin. Image posted. Pedals, computer & cages now attached. 6.63kg final weight.

New S-Works Roubaix everyday bike pics to follow later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

jiffybag wrote: »
    Thats a sweet looking Pinarello , what wheels and rims are you running on that bike? Where did you source those rims ? Thanks for sharing .
    not sure what brand the rims are as there were no decals or engravings, theyre not as heavy as they look. built up with Sapim double butted spokes, NOS Shimano 7 spd hubset

Its difficult trying to source new silver bars and seatposts these days, I stripped the anodizing off the seatpost and polished it up. cranks,stem,brakes,derailleur are all polished too. The stem is 3T Synthesis, I left the logo on the front in a stripe of the original anodized finished
    197832_10150454443270604_681875603_18193415_3589092_n.jpg
    197832_10150454443280604_681875603_18193416_1903473_n.jpg

197832_10150454443290604_681875603_18193417_5883572_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Beautiful pinarello but please get rid of those straight bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

My new race bike

picture.php?albumid=1423&pictureid=9009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

chakattack wrote: »
    Beautiful pinarello but please get rid of those straight bars!
    I knew people wouldnt like the straight bars buts thats what the owner wanted. I think it makes it more unique tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

The rims look a little like H+Sons from here, but hard to tell in the pics.... could easily be Velocity or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I knew people wouldnt like the straight bars buts thats what the owner wanted. I think it makes it more unique tho.

Think they look fine tbh.

My latest purchase, excuse poor quality:

5537122457_e946078d46_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Did you draw that bear yourself?

Raam wrote: »
    Did you draw that bear yourself?

F**k I checked that whole photo to eleminate anything a samrt asre remark could be amde about and I missed the bear. Nope, I didn't draw it, but I did drink tea from the cup over on the right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

F**k I checked that whole photo to eleminate anything a samrt asre remark could be amde about and I missed the bear. Nope, I didn't draw it, but I did drink tea from the cup over on the right ;)

It looks like you didn't have to break the piggy bank for the new bike!

gman2k wrote: »
    It looks like you didn't have to break the piggy bank for the new bike!

Everything bar the frame (531 Reynolds Professional) and the stem and handlebars are Campagnolo, but I spent less on it than a sub par "fixie" costs on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Everything bar the frame (531 Reynolds Professional) and the stem and handlebars are Campagnolo, but I spent less on it than a sub par "fixie" costs on adverts.ie

Indeed!
    And I was referring to what looks like a green piggy bank on your counter!

BTW where did you get the frame?

gman2k wrote: »
    Indeed!
    And I was referring to what looks like a green piggy bank on your counter!

fuuuuu.jpg

Apologies. Being a smart ares backfires on me again. Yes, you're right, it's a green piggybank painted with flowers. It's empty though.

I got the whole thing off Adverts. Seller had a couple of good bike at very good prices. They all seem to have gone now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

pb2001661.jpg

Just got my grubby little hands on one of these off my brother who bought it from new..... its all about being retro in 2011, gonna do the ROK on it. Narrow bars will take a while to get used to though and coming in at over 60cm she's a beast of a bike.
    Oh happy me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Wow, I used to have an Equipe! Brings a few memories back!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

i remember having got one of theese in 1985 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

pb2001661.jpg

Just got my grubby little hands on one of these off my brother who bought it from new..... its all about being retro in 2011, gonna do the ROK on it. Narrow bars will take a while to get used to though and coming in at over 60cm she's a beast of a bike.

I bought one 2nd hand from the Bike Shop in O'Connell St Limerick in 1991 for £80. Used it for 4 tears commuting to college. Cant remember what I did with the bike. Beautiful machine - I didnt appreciate it back then - I'd say other than cycling in and out to UL it got a few spins up to Cratloe Woods and that was about it. Would love to still have it.

He reckons I may have to change the group set so I'm a bit fazed. I don't think a modern set would be nice on it, is it possible to get 'vintage' group sets without braking the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

plastik wrote:
    IMG_2009ps.jpg

Few small changes:
    - silver bottle cage changed for red;
    - Ritchey Road Logic V2 90mm stem fitted. 10mm shorted than the 3T one previously on the bike and flipped upside down. Felt like I was a little stretched with the 100mm 3T;
    - Alexrims R500 wheels changed for Easton Aeros

IMG_2317.jpg

Nice looking wheels, looks like you took the pie plate and lidl bags off too. The new stem sets it off nice.

He reckons I may have to change the group set so I'm a bit fazed. I don't think a modern set would be nice on it, is it possible to get 'vintage' group sets without braking the bank?

Ebay seems to be best bet. The site Bike-Vintage.com was recently recommended to me and has great stuff, and there's always retrobike.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Nice to see Gitane are still making amazing bikes...

saur-sojasun2-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

pb2001661.jpg

aaaarg i got one of those in 85 broke the frame (terrible bike tbh) i'm sure mine was much lower spec though (steel rims those stupid dual levers and a no-name gas pipe frame)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Fender76 wrote: »
    Nice to see Gitane are still making amazing bikes...

It's nice, but it really looks like an orca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I think (the Gitane) its ugly.

Advertisement