Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

giraffe-on-a-bike1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

gman2k wrote: »
    giraffe-on-a-bike1.jpg

I have that exact tshirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭thepassanger

5733182356_b672bc293c.jpg

this is my new beauty that will take me to vienna. leaving on june 1st. very excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

If I had all the money in the world, I'd be buying Ritte bikes. This is gorgeous:

5727298320_5e30f3a6d1_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Its not drop dead gorgeous or anything but I like the look of this new budget end Cinelli:

Cinelli_Gazzetta_Della_Strada_Frameset_big.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 tassajara

km210l_po_b.jpg

http://www.kinesis-bikes.com/frames_km210l_2009.php

I think I know what I'll be getting for my mid-twenties crisis in the next few years, so far I'm thinking a Fox 32 F-series fork, and some pimpy XTR brakes and drivetrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

This is in my attic right now. Less than 100mi on it. Won't see action for the rest of the year :(

2011-02-21%2021.26.53x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

dave2pvd wrote: »
    This is in my attic right now. Less than 100mi on it. Won't see action for the rest of the year :(

Injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

This is in my attic right now. Less than 100mi on it. Won't see action for the rest of the year

If your worried at all about it not getting enough use in your attic i'll happily take it off u for a few month to make sure everything keeps turning as it should ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Zorba wrote: »
    If your worried at all about it not getting enough use in your attic i'll happily take it off u for a few month to make sure everything keeps turning as it should ;)
    You've attributed that quote to the wrong boards member. dave2pvd is over in the States. Good luck with the pick up.

@dave2pvd - hope you have a swift recovery if it is an injury which is preventing you from cycling that thing. If it's because you've got something sweeter to ride then I'll wish you a swift injury ;)

• Advertisement

Zorba wrote: »

It ain't in my attic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Raam wrote: »
    It ain't in my attic!

Bet you wish it was!

Bet you wish it was!

Damn right.
    Well, maybe not in the attic.

z9H0Y.jpg

I haven't seen it yet but I know that it's there:D

Injured?

1st RR of the season. Smashed shoulder. 3rd degree separation. Collarbone in 13 pieces. 2 ligaments missing. Plate, screws, scars, the works.

...back to running for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

1st RR of the season. Smashed shoulder. 3rd degree separation. Collarbone in 13 pieces. 2 ligaments missing. Plate, screws, scars, the works.

Holy Shiiiite! Get well soon!

Ouch! Hope you can still continue on with the day job. Where did the ligaments go?

That is a nasty crash. Get well soon.

Lemag wrote: »
    Ouch! Hope you can still continue on with the day job. Where did the ligaments go?

They were attached to the outer extremity of the collar bone. 2 of them. That part became shrapnel.

I was out of work for a week. Did 20hrs the following week. Then 30, then 40, etc. Took a while to get right again. Took longer to get off the Percocet and Oxycontin.

Anyway, physical therapy beckons....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

They were attached to the outer extremity of the collar bone. 2 of them. That part became shrapnel.

I was out of work for a week. Did 20hrs the following week. Then 30, then 40, etc. Took a while to get right again. Took longer to get off the Percocet and Oxycontin.

Anyway, physical therapy beckons....

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Lemag wrote: »
    You've attributed that quote to the wrong boards member. dave2pvd is over in the States. Good luck with the pick up.
    It ain't in my attic!

Sorry about that all amended now, must have been still asleep when i posted :o

@dave2pvd

Sounds nasty hope u get better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

my new bike :D

20110524002b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

tumblr_llkhnug0XT1qa5cmuo1_500.jpg

5117910299_f43bb357f6_z_large.jpg?1298713953

my new bike :D
    Nice! You went new this time ;) What's the spec and what was the damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

That Lapierre looks really, really nice Icyseanfitz! Which model is it? And what pedals are they, DMR V8's or wellgos or something like that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    That Lapierre looks really, really nice Icyseanfitz! Which model is it? And what pedals are they, DMR V8's or wellgos or something like that?

Pro Race 200, was considering one a while back

@ 5T3PH3N I've been hoping to see photos of that Grand Canyon AL of yours for a while. How are you finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

Have to say this ebay listing has left me speechless. Beautiful item, no doubt, but it really makes me question the acceptable levels of obsession with a bunch of steel tubes and a couple of wheels. :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1950s-cinelli-badge-stem-removed-frejus-must-see-/120726591633?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&clk_rvr_id=236100086057&hash=item1c1bdd9891#ht_10742wt_1138

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Too many stupid people with too much money ruining it for the rest of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 princdragoncok

Jamis Dakar xlt 3.0 - import from Australia

Planning to do the wicklow way shortly, followed by a solo tour around Ireland as prescribed in this book which appears to be very good: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Cycle-Touring-Ireland-Tom-Cooper/9781852845629

JamisDakar-1.jpg

Advertisement