Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Planning to do the wicklow way shortly, followed by a solo tour around Ireland
    Will the puddy-tat be accompanying you? Nice pic BTW ... but how is the bike supported?
    [I'm tired, so maybe missing something obvious]

• Registered Users Posts: 15 princdragoncok

you can't really see, but the puddy-tat is holding onto the frontwheel and therefore supporting the bike.

Thanks! I knew there'd be a simple explanation.

Not to worry, i'll forgive you since it's late..

But in seriousness, a can of spraypaint was holding it up and I photoshopped it out - you can see a slight blur under the bottom bracket! Well spotted given your tiredness keepherlit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

The cat looks as if it's taking a crap and you propped the bike up against it and took the picture. No wonder it looks pissed off.:D

Re: The Wicklow Way,if you haven't already come across it,Google "Ryan Sherlock Wicklow Way" great blog report about riding the route.

Nice bike btw.:)

• Advertisement

Re: The Wicklow Way,if you haven't already come across it,Google "Ryan Sherlock Wicklow Way" great blog report about riding the route.

Nice bike btw.:)

That cat always looks pissed at me for some reason, I can't figure why - look how much food I give it!

Thanks a mill re the Ryan Sherlock blog, didn't know of it, but have heard the name before I do believe..

But in seriousness, a can of spraypaint was holding it up and I photoshopped it out - you can see a slight blur under the bottom bracket!
    The blur is quite subtle, you did a good job. When a bit of effort has gone into creating a photo, it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Lemag wrote: »
    Nice! You went new this time ;) What's the spec and what was the damage?

been on hols the last week so sorry for late reply :o specs are here and i got a good deal with the b4w scheme and my local dealer gave it to me for 1200 so id say around 5-600 that way, i havnt even got out on it yet so i cant wait, was thinking of it through my holiday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

All you need now is a road bike, TT bike and a winter trainer to complete the collection ;)

But in seriousness, a can of spraypaint was holding it up and I photoshopped it out - you can see a slight blur under the bottom bracket! Well spotted given your tiredness keepherlit
    I'd wondered about this for a few of the apparent free standing bike images in this thread. It's a fair bit of hassle to go through though when you don't even have the bike the right way around :D

• Advertisement

a road bike is on the agenda :D as is a downhill bike (but that will probably be second hand as i dont the have 1000's of € that they cost new :( ) oh this sport is so expensive.

as for the lad asking what peddles i have, they are DMR V8's

as is a downhill bike (but that will probably be second hand as i dont the have 1000's of € that they cost new :( ) oh this sport is so expensive.
    Isn't your other bike a DH bike of sorts?

yeah my other can be used for a bit of downhill but tbh its a in between all mountain kind of bike (i have no problems going up the hills on it for one :D) im talking about a big ass 200mm travel monster (200 might be pushing it haha) and then all i have to do is find some damn trails for dh :rolleyes:, at the moment though im taking it handy and enjoying what ive got.....for how long though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

OK maybe not an image of Beauty, but I thought it was cool in 1989! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

07Lapierre wrote: »

Still definitely cool, possibly even Sub Zero nowadays as the Top Gear boys would put it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

G2ECE wrote: »
    Still definitely cool, possibly even Sub Zero nowadays as the Top Gear boys would put it!

Maybe if I still had it and it was in the same condition it would be cool. The "LeMond" bars and the campag brakes were "it" at the time. The computer was a lime green "Avocet" remember them?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

Maybe if I still had it and it was in the same condition it would be cool. The "LeMond" bars and the campag brakes were "it" at the time. The computer was a lime green "Avocet" remember them?

Cant say i do, back in the day around 89ish i was aching for a raleigh vektar, guess it was an age thing .......................... i'd still give my left beanbag for one!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

I bought one of these in 1998 fantastic machine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I think that was and is a fabulous looking bike..
    Lugged carbon fibre looks a bit special

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

New bike, bought after my Giant FCR4 was robbed on Tuesday. Behold!!!

162452.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

DSCF1203.jpg

DSCF1205.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Just put the chainrings on.. if you say that you don't like it I ll accuse you for working in Shimano :p

img-1633-6036.jpg

And the weight

img-1634-6037.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

AstraMonti wrote: »
    And the weight

What's the total weight of the chainset including the non-driveside crank arm?

What's the total weight of the chainset including the non-driveside crank arm?

img-1578-5967.jpg

574 in total. You could get it lighter if you use SR11 Ti crankset, but that was just too much for me now to afford.

Trés sexy and extravagant Astra. Any ideas how well they should wear compared to regular ti, alu or steel chainrings? (I could probably google it)

Lemag wrote: »
    Trés sexy and extravagant Astra. Any ideas how well they should wear compared to regular ti, alu or steel chainrings? (I could probably google it)

If I behave with them (which I won't because I cannibalize everything) they should last about 7-8.000 kms.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

127793651.SW4Ti2Iy.lemond81002b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

If I behave with them (which I won't because I cannibalize everything) they should last about 7-8.000 kms.

Where did you get these rings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Did you get the matching clock?

Tasteful, very tasteful. Would go very well with a carbon fibre toilet seat and carbonsports clothes hangers.

Advertisement