Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Lumen wrote: »
    Did you get the matching clock?

Tasteful, very tasteful. Would go very well with a carbon fibre toilet seat and carbonsports clothes hangers.

No, my stupidity has limits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Up at the summit of Howth today!

Cube 001.jpg

Cube 002.jpg

Cube 003.jpg

Arequipa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

AstraMonti wrote: »
    No, my stupidity has limits!
    Was it a bit of vanity or weight weenieism that made you go for it? If the latter, have you got a goal weight for your bike and what is it?
    Arequipa wrote: »
    Up at the summit of Howth today!
    V. nice. The last pic was quite painful to look at though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

lovely bike you have there!

No bottle cages?

Lemag wrote: »
    Was it a bit of vanity or weight weenieism that made you go for it? If the latter, have you got a goal weight for your bike and what is it?

The weight savings are about 80grams to the original chainrings, so it was a combination of ww and good looks. I have heavy wheelsets so I am hoping to be on the barely-legal side of things.

• Advertisement

Hey! No bottle cage yet: that will be my next purchase!
    Sorry bout last picture; forgot to rotate it!
    Photos are actually quite dark: 3mpxl iPhone camera!

Arequipa.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morninwood

AstraMonti wrote: »

I thought I'd never say that but some of the customer bikes on that site are a bit of carbon overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Piercemeear

5829903556_2f09d37982_b.jpg

I'll never be lonely again!

Thanks to Holyboy at Bees Cycles for the help getting this acquisition on the road. Have only cycled it solo so far (back from the shop) but hopefully the girlfriend will be over later to try it out. Tried to pick up a few passengers on the way home but no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Piercemeer,

Cool looking tandem.
    How old is it?
    Is the lever on the left side of the stoker's handlebar a drum brake lever?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Piercemeear

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Piercemeer,

Cool looking tandem.
    How old is it?
    Is the lever on the left side of the stoker's handlebar a drum brake lever?

Eamonnator,

Thanks. I don't know the age. I've been trying to date it but there's not much about Gitane serial numbers, etc online. I am guessing '80s.

The captain's left lever is actually the drum brake. The stoker's lever is the rear calipers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

NEWroadHindePistaFrameLarge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

NEWroadHindePistaFrameLarge.jpg

Have you purchased yet?
    Not trying to stir any s*#t but have you googled 'dave hinde' bikes yet. I made two purchases a couple of years ago one purchase went well the second was a 'new' set of wheels which by the time i received them had become second hand and when i returned them within a day i was told that they were new and unused when they originally sent them out and refused to replace and asked me to pay for the redelivery of the wheels.
    Just beware and there are literally hundreds of similar complaints on uk forums as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Whoa, never seen anything like that before. First suggestion for Hinde bikes on google was "dodgy reviews".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Whoa, never seen anything like that before. First suggestion for Hinde bikes on google was "dodgy reviews".

Whoa indeed! (but his ebay shop apparently is now fastpartsforbikes who I use a lot, and have never had a prob!)
    Anyway, back on topic, here is an image of beauty!
    cube-reaction-gtc-sl-mountain-bike.jpg

Animal bike! I think the styling & finishing on Cube bikes is really impressive.

Some more Cubes I like the look of........

Cube 1.jpg

Cube 2.jpg

Arequipa!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Seen that Cube Litening at the Tour De Cure back in May and have to say it looked really well in the flesh.
    Tad expensive tho - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=57230

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Here is the giant MTB bike i had in china last year.... it was a bit old but great crack cycling around rice fields
    Theres one pic of the bike and 2 of the fields.... Ill also post my new cube MTB when i get a photo of it on the pc.. For now you will have to enjoy the "war" torn giant full sus (if the front shocks had worked):D ya! O and the bike brake randomly tried to kill me by just not working from time to time..
    IMGP5664.jpg
    IMGP5642.jpg
    IMGP5643.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

My Trek Madone 5.2 SL

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Whitehawk wrote: »
    Here is the giant MTB bike i had in china last year.... it was a bit old but great crack cycling around rice fields
    Theres one pic of the bike and 2 of the fields.... Ill also post my new cube MTB when i get a photo of it on the pc.. For now you will have to enjoy the "war" torn giant full sus (if the front shocks had worked):D ya! O and the bike brake randomly tried to kill me by just not working from time to time..

Looks awsome. Great adventure. Was it really a Giant or was it a Chinese knock off?

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Looks awsome. Great adventure. Was it really a Giant or was it a Chinese knock off?

Not sure if it was a knock off or not, tryed to find it online and could not so im thinking its not a giant as we know them :P - however if anyone knows if it is real or not be cool to know of old times sack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Cube.jpg

Giant.jpg
    My 'fleet'..
    The giant is a 2004 VT2 with a few upgrades - Rockshox Sektor fork, UST wheels and tyres and bigger front disc. I got this in 2006 new and love it. It's in Holland for my working week (nights) so I get out a few days around the Maastricht area, including Gulpen and the odd trip to the Ardennes.
    The Cube is a 2010 Aerial I got in January. Only just started road biking and I'm kinda getting into it a bit now. Will be doing the An Post Meath day out as my first event.

the giants not bad at all - thought a random qustion why no bottle cage on the MTB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Whitehawk wrote: »
    the giants not bad at all - thought a random qustion why no bottle cage on the MTB ?

camelback

Frame triangle is too small - and it's a large frame! Camelback is the way to go - plus I need more stuff with me

Frame triangle is too small - and it's a large frame! Camelback is the way to go - plus I need more stuff with me
    fair enough, i use camelback as well but also use bottle so was just wondering cheers

there's bottle cage mounting screws under the tube which I would never entertain using - probably wouldn't be able to reach once I was on the bike either!

Not exactly an image.. but a video of something beautiful with too many new stuff on it.

http://vimeo.com/25303423

Yeah I am a marketing victim and I want one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

thats sweet ! so now ridley have brakes and paint that makes you go faster mmmmmm

• Advertisement

levitronix wrote: »
    thats sweet ! so now ridley have brakes and paint that makes you go faster mmmmmm

Use the appropriate term please, it's called F-SURFACE not just paint :pac: :P

Advertisement