Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Dont know if its something to do with the frame size but they actually look a bit minging :

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/ridley-noah-fast-aero-road-bike-launched-30738

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Yeah I am a marketing victim and I want one now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Murph100 wrote: »
    Dont know if its something to do with the frame size but they actually look a bit minging :

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/ridley-noah-fast-aero-road-bike-launched-30738

Ah get out of it, you just have a set against aero frames:)

When you going to post your new steed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Not exactly an image.. but a video of something beautiful with too many new stuff on it.

http://vimeo.com/25303423

Yeah I am a marketing victim and I want one now!

Stop with all the flashing arty crap and just show me damn the bike. From the brief views it looks interesting.

Heh, Kenmare is a small place, with a lot of big mouths and aero divers !! :D

New steed is built but waiting on new wheels before piccies are taken.

I will say this though, anyone saying Storcks are too harsh for Irish roads, has never been on one, bloody amazing bike and comfortable to boot !!

ROK ON wrote: »
    Ah get out of it, you just have a set against aero frames:)

When you going to post your new steed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Stop with all the flashing arty crap and just show me damn the bike. From the brief views it looks interesting.

1308845976894-aya7sgd6em5s-800-75.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Tubes as thick as your leg and they still didn't put that battery pack inside...

niceonetom wrote: »
    Tubes as thick as your leg and they still didn't put that battery pack inside...

It seems that you need to go to a third party battery provider in order to get it inside the tubes. I am not sure if I 've seen any bike with the original shimano battery inside, but yes I do agree with you, so much integration and the battery left hanging off the saddle looks weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Funky brakes! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

My first new bike in about 20 years! While it might not be the top of the range stuff that some of you have, I'm delighted with it!

dsc01313nh.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't have the proper gear yet, so at the moment I'm waiting for the rain to pass before I can give it a good spin. I cycled it home from the shop which is only about a 5 minute cycle. It was weird cycling a racing bike after all those years on a mountain bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Sweet!
    Well you may wear. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

Ah, the lovely shiny new bike smell.

Looks great, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

why is it called the ridley fat b**stard :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

This thread has lost its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

They claim that the yello strips save 4% of drag at 50-70kph, so for anyone normal we ll never notice it, im sure give it a while and we ll see someone riding one at the club league haha

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

She's been in here before (and in the fleets thread), but with the vets track championships only a week away, I thought I'd tart her up with the posh wheels, so here's my track bike:

trackbike009-1.jpg?t=1309466969

Yes, they're the same wheels as on the TT bike, but I thought I'd economise by getting track adaptable ones

This is the set-up for the sprints and scratch races. I'll be putting aero bars on for the TT and pursuit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Added this Bowery 72 to my bikes. Got the pedals from the Bowery mashup swapped onto it. Then swapped the bars to the straights that I cut short from my giant fcr1. I'll keep it this way for a while.
    Before:
    IMAG0574.jpg
    IMAG0575.jpg

After:
    IMAG0578.jpg
    IMAG0580.jpg

Here it is.

165618.jpg

165620.jpg

I kept the cockpit (fsa bars and carbon 4axis richeys stem) of the previous one as I liked it and it was pretty light. It's full Super Record 11 with custom fibre-lyte chainrings, planet-x ultralight cnc brakes, omniracer carbon seatpost, specialized toupe pro carbon saddle and time iclic carbon pedals. With the wheels on the picture and record 11-25 cassette it comes at 6.91kg and with the zondas with super record 12/27 cassette it comes at 6.73.

The plan originally was to move the centaur to this one and get a cheap veloce for the other, but this was just a plan waiting to fail remarkably. Instead of a cheap upgrade I ended up having two bikes with 11sp Record and Super Record, but I am not complaining, 11 speeds are nice. When I originally received the frame I wasn't too happy with it, it looked more or less the same as my sl pro with a bit more aggressive style and curves and I was thinking to sell this frame and get a new one, but the ones I liked was +1k that I didn't really have.. so I 've left it for later. Anyway the frame is very light for the price, it's size large and comes at 1016grams and another 377 for an uncut fork. The geometry is less compact than the SL pro, which might require a bit more tweaking. I also think that I need to move down the stem and remove one spacer and cut the fork as it feels more upright.

I took her today in her first century and although I thought I would suffer with the 39/25 combination it wasn't as bad as I expected. The bike feels more responsive and more eager to accelerate faster than the SL pro and it's less forgiving on the harsh roads. 53/11 is really a heavy, fast fast gear! The shifting of SR11 is really crispy and instant, the shifters have a fantastic feeling and the carbon chainrings are surprisingly strong and quiet. The lizardskins tape is by far the best tape I 've tried. It's light and it's so nice to grab, deserves the extra money that it's asking.

I ll get a few more shots tomorrow with the other bikes as well and I ll post them into the fleet thread.

Edit: The honey stinger waffle is the best thing I have ever taste while on the bike. I ll order a box!
    Edit no2: The dust caps have been already removed!
    Edit no3: Thanks to the guys from Fitzcycles who put it together, they did a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Astra, that's an amazing bike but I can't believe you've combined fibre-lyte chainrings and Cosmics on the same bike.

I suggest you follow the national stereotype and run up some more debt, on weight weenie wheels. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

@Astra: Silvio say, he like!

silvio_berlusconi_10.jpg?w=300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I was admiring this very bike in the flesh metal carbon on Friday afternoon in FitzCycles, and I can confirm that it's jaw-droppingly gorgeous!
    Well you may wear.

• Advertisement

Very very nice Astri, well wear !!

Just in case you thought your wallet was gonna get a rest for a while, get yerself a pack of these for the frame :

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=11740;page=2;menu=1000,4,167;mid=224

... and these for yer white bar tape ( Lizard skins is da biz but a b1tch to clean ) ;

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=20127;page=1;menu=1000,18,56;mid=99

Ciao :)

Lumen wrote: »
    Astra, that's an amazing bike but I can't believe you've combined fibre-lyte chainrings and Cosmics on the same bike.

I suggest you follow the national stereotype and run up some more debt, on weight weenie wheels. :pac:

Thanks! Well I was that close to hit the button on some Boras One but then I looked at my credit card bill and it was a no go for now! I accept paypal donations :pac:
    Very very nice Astri, well wear !!

Just in case you thought your wallet was gonna get a rest for a while, get yerself a pack of these for the frame :

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=11740;page=2;menu=1000,4,167;mid=224

... and these for yer white bar tape ( Lizard skins is da biz but a b1tch to clean ) ;

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=20127;page=1;menu=1000,18,56;mid=99

Ciao :)

Thanks man! I bought some stickers that I will be putting on, if they turn mucky too quickly I ll try your option.

Long clear Lizard Skins sticker for the chainstay is dynamite. Stays put and is really tough, still looks like new 18 months later.
    I bought some stickers that I will be putting on, if they turn mucky too quickly I ll try your option.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thanks! Well I was that close to hit the button on some Boras One but then I looked at my credit card bill and it was a no go for now! I accept paypal donations :pac:

If you're after tubs, DirkVoodoo's handbuilt 50mm tubs look the business, are about half the price of Bora Ones and only about 100g heavier.

Long clear Lizard Skins sticker for the chainstay is dynamite. Stays put and is really tough, still looks like new 18 months later.

I got something called Bike Shield from a Swiss company, has to be good!
    Lumen wrote: »
    If you're after tubs, DirkVoodoo's handbuilt 50mm tubs look the business, are about half the price of Bora Ones and only about 100g heavier.

Yeah that's the second option. You can get these in the same weight as the boras if you use the ultralight rim version of Gigantex. Third option is to go with the PlanetX wheelset which are also based on Gigantex rims if I am not mistaken and come at 1300g for the pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Looks awesome AstraMonti. I'd thought that your othe PX was some sort of campagnolo special edition. I realise now that you've just pimped them out with campag decals :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Bike ain’t nuthin’ special :o, and if the pedals were in the pic you’d see toeclips :eek:
    But it’s good enough for my avian friend, and he refuses to wear cleated shoes

5898325841_af84c7c592_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I got something called Bike Shield from a Swiss company, has to be good!

Yeah that's the second option. You can get these in the same weight as the boras if you use the ultralight rim version of Gigantex. Third option is to go with the PlanetX wheelset which are also based on Gigantex rims if I am not mistaken and come at 1300g for the pair.

For Irish roads I would take tougher over lighter.

+ 1 I've got a mixed set of FFWD Tubs on the way, 60mm Rear & 40mm Front. I had been looking at the Bora Ones but the FFWD have more spokes, rim reinforcement, external nipples & a very decent crash repair policy, and most importantly the new Neutral decals look cool ! Pretty ok for €1000

http://www.ffwdwheels.com/tech/faq/most-frequently-asked/

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    For Irish roads I would take tougher over lighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Trekker09

My new baby!!

166135.jpg

Cinelli Proxima Trophy frame:
    DA 7800 chainset and front/rear mechs
    Ultegra brakes
    Microshift shifters
    Mavic OpenPro on DA hubs
    San Marco Rolls leather saddle

166136.jpg

166137.jpg