Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

KOIZUMI wrote: »
    Shimano 600,full 531,super champion gentleman wheels......i felt like i won the lotto(nerdy i know)........goes like stink too.

Good save Given, I mean Koizumi. That will spruce up brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

super restrained

833_side_dark_web.jpg

Wow. Who makes that bike?

[yeah, not so restrained on the branding…] :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

That just looks like a Planet X Exocet frame is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Wow. Who makes that bike?

http://www.swiftcarbon.co.za/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

That just looks like a Planet X Exocet frame is it?

Its bloody identical as far as i can see. My paint job is much nicer tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

New project bike. Peugeot single speed mini-racer from France. Very old. Very cute. 33cm horizontal top tube. Open Pro rim included for scale.

Thanks to Caroline_ie for finding it.

Apologies for crap phone pic.

edit: tyres say Wolber 400x30A, which apparently is nominal 16" ETRTO 28-340.

vq5f0y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

My brother rescued this from a skip (apparently there was 2 of them:eek:), sorry only image I have at hand at the mo but can post others. Bike looks great, could do with a bit of TLC but works fine. Has shifters on the down tube (indexed). It's a steel framed bike, kitted out in Shimano 600 groupset and Mavic wheels (don't havea s pec on these), from what I can see a pretty good spec for the time so looks like someone with a serious interest owned this beauty.
    The lugs are very distinctive heart shapes - these occur in several places on the frame. Looks like it has chrome forks and chroming where the back of the frame is connected to the udnerside of the seatpost. My initial research indicates a DeRosa, but need a keener eye to assist

Mystery bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Lumen wrote: »
    vq5f0y.jpg

Can you please post a pic of you riding this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Can you please post a pic of you riding this?

Yes and in your pink gear!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

super restrained

833_side_dark_web.jpg

That is seriously sexy. I think I just wet myself :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    My brother rescued this from a skip (apparently there was 2 of them:eek:), sorry only image I have at hand at the mo but can post others. Bike looks great, could do with a bit of TLC but works fine. Has shifters on the down tube (indexed). It's a steel framed bike, kitted out in Shimano 600 groupset and Mavic wheels (don't havea s pec on these), from what I can see a pretty good spec for the time so looks like someone with a serious interest owned this beauty.
    The lugs are very distinctive heart shapes - these occur in several places on the frame. Looks like it has chrome forks and chroming where the back of the frame is connected to the udnerside of the seatpost. My initial research indicates a DeRosa, but need a keener eye to assist

Mystery bike.jpg

Need more pics to go on than just a close up of a lug, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Mystery bike.jpg
    A wild guess. Benotto.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/41284201@N05/4842741203/in/set-72157624614643866

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I'd guess Benotto also, is there one on the bottom bracket? (underside)

Chrome seat stays, very cool...

Show us a picture of the underside and the where the seat post fits in...

Thanks for all the feedback, here's a link to all the photos I have. Took them over the weekend, the bike is in Galway!

https://picasaweb.google.com/103345829457486180894/DropBox?authuser=0&feat=directlink

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

Thanks for all the feedback, here's a link to all the photos I have. Took them over the weekend, the bike is in Galway!

https://picasaweb.google.com/103345829457486180894/DropBox?authuser=0&feat=directlink
    Nice!
    What happened to the other bike in the skip?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Nice!
    What happened to the other bike in the skip?

My thoughts exactly, and where is this skip? :)

He rescued this a few months back, the other bike was unfortunately left behind - he said it looked like a house was being gutted for a refurbishment, so everything was going out in the skip. I would have personally cycled from Dublin to Galway, strapped the other to my back, and cycled back with it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

How to ride in Ireland :cool:
    20110814ispa_002_600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Time to return to the commute!

6181623758_2bd834a0d5_z.jpg

I really wanted that colour, but On one have stopped selling that colour frame, so I ended up buying a shop soiled fully built bike. I'll stick with the flat bar for a while, but will probably change to drops and cable disc brakes at some point. Will change to a Charge Spoon saddle too Otherwise, it's actually great fun. Hub gears are deadly, really smooth.

I had to discard the disgusting dark blue "Fixie pop pop" tyres that came with it. Jesus, they were despicable.

6181108859_1fc63d5fda_m.jpg6181106201_707efeae37_m.jpg6181629072_6c3e910b62_m.jpg6181100821_54d2a2de48_m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Gavin wrote: »

I really wanted that colour, but On one have stopped selling that colour frame, so I ended up buying a shop soiled fully built bike. I'll stick with the flat bar for a while, but will probably change to drops and cable disc brakes at some point. Will change to a Charge Spoon saddle too Otherwise, it's actually great fun. Hub gears are deadly, really smooth.

I had to discard the disgusting dark blue "Fixie pop pop" tyres that came with it. Jesus, they were despicable.

6181108859_1fc63d5fda_m.jpg6181106201_707efeae37_m.jpg6181629072_6c3e910b62_m.jpg6181100821_54d2a2de48_m.jpg
    Is that an Alfine 11? I have an 8 and love it, but 11 would be even better...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭tech

my 1st ever road bike! will post real pics in the next few days! Love it, I have just done over 100kms on it

Very happy with Bike so far.

11Strada-2000.jpg

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Is that an Alfine 11? I have an 8 and love it, but 11 would be even better...

Its an 8 speed. I was going to go for single speed, but the 8 speed was cheap enough, so figured why not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Was that you beating down Roebuck/Clonskeagh road? I was the guy who shouted your chain looked like it was sagging a bit, just worried it would bounce off, fair cadence coming down that road I'll tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Awesome bike! Great colour, i've the blue Pompino single speed;). Hmmmm...now i want a new fork and a disc on the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Offer 300 ... subject to inspection! :p

Damn nice bike, its defo on my list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Can I ask you what size that is? Thinking of doing a frame swap with a new Pompino frame, was looking at the bight green colour, only available in small which is indeed quite small but might be ok, but have read that the geometry on them results in very bad toe/front wheel overlap problems? Do you have anything like that on yours? Sweet bike by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

Hi there.

this the end of this thread.
    My plan was to buy cheap bike. I got very generous offer from Idleter for bike on dura ace 7700 without wheels and started to bring it back to proper order in hope to fit into 300 euro budget. But as usual when I'm buying fishing or cycling equipment things went out of hand. Some parts turned up to be worn or broken (I'm quite fussy) so I ended up with 75% new bike which currently looks as on picture below. Total budget was around 400 (closer to 500 if to take to account parts i had already from mountain bikes) euro and bike weights less than 10 kg in 58cm.
    Not planning any upgrades soon apart maybe from from light and some mud guards (but i guess they will be super hard to find as i went for 28mm tires which barely fits frame and fork)

P1000121.JPG

CramCycle wrote: »
    Was that you beating down Roebuck/Clonskeagh road? I was the guy who shouted your chain looked like it was sagging a bit, just worried it would bounce off, fair cadence coming down that road I'll tell you.

Not me I'm afraid! Haven't been up that way on me bike.
    Can I ask you what size that is? Thinking of doing a frame swap with a new Pompino frame, was looking at the bight green colour, only available in small which is indeed quite small but might be ok, but have read that the geometry on them results in very bad toe/front wheel overlap problems? Do you have anything like that on yours? Sweet bike by the way!

Massive toe overlap. You need to be quite aware of it when pedalling around a bend, or even starting off at the lights occasionally. It's a medium frame. Definitely avoid a frame which might be too small for you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Not me I'm afraid! Haven't been up that way on me bike.

Alas someone else has the same bike as you, bad times, but glad to hear it wasn't you as I didn't want to start slinging mud about incorrect chain tension, amateur mistake (I know I've done it).

Advertisement