Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Haro Pro XL Plus.

2vs3ouv.jpg

(click for large version, more here)

Is this what a mid-life crisis feels like?

Sr Assumpta, please warm up your x-ray machine, I'll be along in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Lumen wrote: »
    Haro Pro XL Plus.
    Nice, I've a 90's haro bmx Jersey if you like. I also have a now rare haro MTB that was my first "race bike" from said era.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Bulmers on Ice

Jack Frost was up early this morning ;)

06112011486.jpg

06112011485.jpg

06112011483.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Lumen wrote: »
    Haro Pro XL Plus.
    The close-ups of tasty components are all very well. But how about some video footage of this machine being used in anger?
    Sr Assumpta, please warm up your x-ray machine, I'll be along in due course.
    Exactly, let's see it all happening in real time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

bulmers on ice great looking bike but can i ask what par of the country are you in looks like a great cycling route;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Bulmers on Ice

bulmers on ice great looking bike but can i ask what par of the country are you in looks like a great cycling route;)
    I'm in Naas, Co Kildare. From the town I went out through Caragh out to Mondello and turned right for Donore then hook up with Digby Bridge and take the Canal route all the way back to the centre of Naas. It's a quite enough road along the Canal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

I'm in Naas, Co Kildare. From the town I went out through Caragh out to Mondello and turned right for Donore then hook up with Digby Bridge and take the Canal route all the way back to the centre of Naas. It's a quite enough road along the Canal.
    thanks man looks fantastic.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Dragged the DSLR out this evening to get some proper photos

DSC03977.jpg

The suntour shifters - little bit of getting used to but there quite good

DSC03972.jpg

Suntour ARx derailleurs

DSC03958.jpg

Shimano Dia Compes

DSC03983.jpg

Overall shot - Miyata 310

DSC03973.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

CramCycle wrote: »
    Make sure they cover your return postage or send a courier.

Ya they say they'll cover return cost on postage but only for regular mail price and not by track and trace which seems ridiculous to me if you buy anything of value. Anyway frame is gone back but the worst part is they never had the version I wanted and have discontinued it on their site.

However I'm just waiting on some feedback from a Dutch bike shop who sells them so hopefully I'll be able to get one from them. There price is even better then CRC so fingers crossed I can post a picture of the full bike next weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Originally posted in the wrong thread. My track bike is finished. :)

picture.php?albumid=1758&pictureid=11368

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Pretty.

No foot retention or brakes?

niceonetom wrote: »
    Pretty.

No foot retention or brakes?

Will be putting a spare set of SPD-SL pedals on it in the next day or two. I've ordered clamp-on brakes but won't have them for a week or two yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

This is my new Canyon i bought 2 months ago and have been unable to ride it due to a calf strain. I'm chomping at the bit to get on it but have to be patient!
    I have changed the bar tape from white to black and put on nicer bottle cages since this photo was taken

6447583063_0460d7445a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

20111204002b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My first road bike, really flies when i have the energy to push it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

20111204002b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My first road bike, really flies when i have the energy to push it :D

Congratulations had hoped to get one but they didn’t have my size. How is the ride, any road buzz apparently it’s as comfortable as a carbon frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

SWL wrote: »
    How is the ride, any road buzz apparently it’s as comfortable as a carbon frame.
    Depends which carbon fibre frame... If you compare it with his carbon fibre brother, then it is nearly as comfortable, but just a shade off... Anyway, an excellent commuter and every day bike. I like my one very much. Just couldn't get used to the Shimano stuff, so got it replaced with Sram and I also changed the wheels and tyres - some difference now. The saddle is OK, but I may get it changed soon as well. I got used to it at this stage.

All in all an excellent bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Seweryn wrote: »
    Depends which carbon fibre frame... If you compare it with his carbon fibre brother, then it is nearly as comfortable, but just a shade off... Anyway, an excellent commuter and every day bike. I like my one very much. Just couldn't get used to the Shimano stuff, so got it replaced with Sram and I also changed the wheels and tyres - some difference now. The saddle is OK, but I may get it changed soon as well. I got used to it at this stage.

All in all an excellent bike.

Are you hinting I should only buy the frame:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i think calling it a commuter is a bit of a disservice tbh, the bike is light as feck and has race geometry, change the wheels and you would have a proper race machine, stiff as hell too, really love the thing and i cant wait to get fit enough to be worthy of it

SWL wrote: »
    Are you hinting I should only buy the frame:D
    No, if you can accept the Shimano garnish ;).

i think calling it a commuter is a bit of a disservice tbh, the bike is light as feck and has race geometry, change the wheels and you would have a proper race machine, stiff as hell too, really love the thing and i cant wait to get fit enough to be worthy of it
    I agree with you fully, but there is nothing wrong with using it as a (long distance) commuter bike ;).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

My Madone...

27b66d95.jpg

bf34502e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Seweryn wrote: »
    I agree with you fully, but there is nothing wrong with using it as a (long distance) commuter bike ;).

Lovely bike, I hear great things about it. Did you ever go with the carradice saddlebag in the end Seweryn ? Would look fairly neat on it I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Me new winter bike, I replaced the original supplied fishing tackle with a decent gruppo :p

186817.jpg

Murph100 wrote: »
    Me new winter bike, I replaced the original supplied fishing tackle with a decent gruppo :p
    I did the same with my one, but I put Sram on my CAAD instead ;).

My recently returned Raleigh Elan, which I bought new around 1993/1994.

elan.jpg

crank.jpg

shifters.jpg

3IbkWZkd8tqliHSKMTKmdaIhmFzm_9orRBBZMoZtsJI?feat=directlink

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Most beautiful titanium bike I 've seen so far!

y3YmS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

my new race bike(with training wheels)
    402725_10151147657090604_681875603_23163012_63907434_n.jpg

381482_10151147659435604_681875603_23163014_40704166_n.jpg

the stem and seatpost are for DH so extremely stiff, easton vice stem(flipped for less rise) and easton havoc seatpost. bars are deda velocita steel,
    sram omnium crankset, stiffest track crankset out there
    h+ son tb14 rims which are 23mm wide matched with conti gp4000s 23mm tyres, very stiff wheels. I used straight gauge spokes for stiffness front and rear, both 36h. dura ace track nuts on the rear, they are a great upgrade. kmc 510hx chain, dura ace cog

will prob be using a different bike next week and this will be kept inside till race season, upgrades will be dura ace/ultegra carbon pedals, custom built race wheels, hkk vertex chain, euroasia superstar cogs

I could easily shave off 1kg(including wheel upgrade) but this is built to be as stiff as possible

did I mention it was very stiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

What does stiff mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

What does stiff mean?
    no loss of power transmission. for a road bike all that extra weight would be a bad thing but because Im using this on a velodrome the weight doesnt matter very much. sprinting out of the saddle the bars dont flex, sprinting to the finish line the bottom bracket and cranks dont sway side to side or bend. the seatpost is also important as there is alot exposed above the frame it needs to not flex. its still comfortable to ride

also a road rider would be 65kg(?) -/+, Im 115kg so need stronger part that wont flex/break under my weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

is that an alloy frame ?

Series looking piece of kit

Advertisement