Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

tumblr_lrokgcOt0V1qgffrjo1_500.jpg

this is my bike, thinking about changing the tires to a different colour, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

AFAIK, many people thought they were ****. Arguments break out immediately about them. Some felt they were really good for modulating speed, but not great in full on panic mode. Others felt they were terrible in the wet.

I have spoken to a few people who run/ran them and they didn't seem too concerned by them.

I did come across this brake today... omega prototype

Haven't a clue what they'd be like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

A V A wrote: »
    this is my bike, thinking about changing the tires to a different colour, any suggestions?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31770

Fast rolling tyre, available cheaper elsewhere I think.

CPL 593H

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The new track bike -

Pursuit mode:
    028.jpg?t=1332091776

Sprint mode:
    034.jpg?t=1332091573
    although the saddle will be pushed into the rear position

Could anyone confirm the orientation of the front wheel (pretty sure it's correct, with the leading edge of the spokes being more rounded that the trailing edge, but want to be sure before I glue the tubs on:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Beasty wrote: »
    Could anyone confirm the orientation of the front wheel (pretty sure it's correct, with the leading edge of the spokes being more rounded that the trailing edge, but want to be sure before I glue the tubs on:o)

Doesn't it depend on whether you want left-hand lift (anti-clockwise track) or right-hand lift (clockwise track)?...

;):D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

... doesn't that depend if you are looking from above or below?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Beautiful bike Beasty.
    What gearing are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

The new track bike -

Pursuit mode:
    028.jpg?t=1332091776

Sprint mode:
    034.jpg?t=1332091573
    although the saddle will be pushed into the rear position

Would you ever use some of that money to plant your flower bed there? That's a few pics from different times of the year now with the same background! Tut tut.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Beautiful bike Beasty.
    What gearing are you using?
    That's got 52/15 on - 93.6 inches. The Dolan in Manchester has 48/14 (92.6 inches), but I'll probably experiment between 90 (50/15) and 96.4 (50/14) - although for Structured Training Sessions in Manchester, if I ever get a chance to give them a go, I cannot go above 88 inches

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Would you ever use some of that money to plant your flower bed there? That's a few pics from different times of the year now with the same background! Tut tut.
    You put flower beds ahead of bikes?:eek:

I had thought there was some hope for you, but perhaps not ...

(btw, the only other time I've used that background was for the new road bike about 3 weeks ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Beasty your set up is not UCI legal. You're disqualified.

Beasty your set up is not UCI legal. You're disqualified.
    It's IVCA legal though;)

And the Adamo saddle would make it legal without any further adjustment - that saddle would be legal if pushed back a bit

I do need to put some bar end plugs in as well

Anything else I need to adjust?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Staro

Smashing looking machine Beasty, you should have had it in yesterday's parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

It's IVCA legal though;)

And the Adamo saddle would make it legal without any further adjustment - that saddle would be legal if pushed back a bit

I do need to put some bar end plugs in as well

i think you need another bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Your attitude towards flower beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

IMG_0335.JPG

recently equipped with ultegra bar the sram red chainset!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Called to my parents house today for Mother's Day visit where I was presented with this photo.
    furiousox age 12.
    My first (and last) Eddy Merckx (5 spd as I recall)

196850.JPG

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

Heh, we had one those Eddy Mercxx at home too...but now I have this:

196851.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

excellent i too have one of them class bike and as good as the day it was made,pity i cant post a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hmmmm....Always had a sweet spot for those TI Raleighs. T'was the model I wanted when I had my Road Ace. Any frames that came up on eBay were either in crap nick or bad resprays.

@furiousox Got to love those highly effective mudguards on the Merckx.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

Cheers lads,

Great bike indeed and great for a sportive spin! Funnily enough a few bikes in the 40's / 50's Tour's had similar mudguards - I imagine they used accompany early days centre pulls.

Sorry the pic is in such large format..any suggetions before I post another king kong picture!

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Sorry the pic is in such large format..any suggetions before I post another king kong picture!

Brendan

Upload your pictures to something like photobucket.com. This will give you the option of size,click-able thumbnails or plain old links.

igdbq0.jpg

the new bike

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Heh, we had one those Eddy Mercxx at home too...but now I have this:

is that an ilkeston built 753 used to want one of those soooo bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

manafana wrote: »
    the new bike

very nice manafaa. no doubt ill get to see lots of the back end of it in the flesh:)

lennymc wrote: »
    very nice manafaa. no doubt ill get to see lots of the back end of it in the flesh:)

speaking of we set decent time coming down from blessington into tallaght, in the top20, you had 4seconds on me from when you went past.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

speaking of we set decent time coming down from blessington into tallaght, in the top20, you had 4seconds on me from when you went past.

aye, if only i hadnt had that puncture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

igdbq0.jpg

the new bike

That's SENSAtional :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Cheers lads,

Great bike indeed and great for a sportive spin! Funnily enough a few bikes in the 40's / 50's Tour's had similar mudguards - I imagine they used accompany early days centre pulls.

Brendan

If you're selling I'll offer asking.................

t_drooling_homer_2141.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Picked up a new toy.

197451.jpg

Advertisement