Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Suppose I should throw my new (to me anyway!) PlanetX up...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=66169&d=1225961596

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

kenmc wrote: »

Tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

How much was that? Its absolutely beautiful! Any idea on the weight?

kenmc wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=66169&d=1225961596

How much was that, its absolutely beautiful! Any idea on the weight?

thanks. I got it from hollywoodhoppy, he was selling it recently - new it's about 1200 sterling.
    I weighed it sans saddlebag and it's 8.2kg.
    I like it, but I've only been on it twice so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

All the trusty steeds (bar one) in one go. It's hard to see where one ends and another begins :)

IMG_5591.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

^^^

OMG! How many bikes are in that mess.... and why not sell a few?

72hundred wrote: »
    ^^^

OMG! How many bikes are in that mess.... and why not sell a few?

There are 6 there, but only 3 of them are mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

Can't remember if I've posted these or not:

The stem on that commuter is absolutely huuuuge!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Can't remember if I've posted these or not:

That bullit is a tasty rig - nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

The stem took a bit of getting used to alright, was very twitchy when I started using it. Weird thing is I think the bike was used off road before I got hands on it, can't imagine that was pleasant with a stem that long.
    Bullit is great fun alright, it's damn heavy though and the geometry is all wrong for climbing. Worth it coming back down though.:D Most annoying thing with it though is no bottle cage, if I'm nightriding, I have to carry the battery for my lights on my person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

Raleigh AIRLite 300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Raam wrote: »
    All the trusty steeds (bar one) in one go. It's hard to see where one ends and another begins :)

IMG_5591.jpg

Savage. What's the cervelo lurking in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Nevermind the Cervelo, why does that rockhopper not get used!

The Cervelo is an R3. The Rockhopper belongs to the missus, but it seems to be getting retired right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Might aswell throw a pic of the new my new project bike i got today its a German made Didi Thurau steel road frame its currently a single speed going to put a flip flop hub on the back and a brooks saddle, tyres are pretty old and worn so got a set of gatorskins for it today and maybe a respray if i can get decals made for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

A bit blurry ... but this is my fixie ( again ) this was taken in my backyard :P

67395.JPG

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

..this was taken in my backyard :P

So you went and bought the Palacio Real? How did you get mortgage approval for that?

el tonto wrote: »
    So you went and bought the Palacio Real? How did you get mortgage approval for that?

Ah yea ,,, might as well! Credit crunch is a myth ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Session in caroline's house...
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Did you paint your bike Caroline? Or do they offer that colored strip on the fork in different colors?

I must post a pic of my felt, I have a custom sensor mount for my cateye now: all rubber!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Did you paint your bike Caroline? Or do they offer that colored strip on the fork in different colors?

It's a Bowery 2009, black chrome with orange bits. I just changed the brake, and added hot pink ourys and a charge saddle ...

My other bowery 2008 ( that was involved in an accitdent but is actually ok and derserves a second chance) is being painted blue ... I am not finished just yet though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Hey, how come you were in Madrid with your bike? And the fixie!? I have never been abroad with a fixie. I do hope the mudguard was not necessary.

blorg wrote: »
    Hey, how come you were in Madrid with your bike? And the fixie!? I have never been abroad with a fixie. I do hope the mudguard was not necessary.

It was pouring when I left home to the Airport ... the bike just wanted a holiday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fenrir

Hi
    Im wondering if anyone could help me with info on this bike. Im guessing its from the early eighties although possibly older and was originally purchased in Ottowa. The groupset is mixed campagnolo/Shimano/Miche
    I attached a picture of a Colnago Roger de Vlaeminck Paris-Roubaix and im thinking it might be a down the range version of that because of the similar stickers and what looks like a small Colnago sign on the left of the headtube.
    There is a website for Roger de Vlaeminck bikes but its not much help.

th_93459_08_122_171lo.jpgth_93463_DSCF0159_122_1154lo.jpgth_93474_DSCF0160_122_177lo.jpgth_93483_DSCF0161_122_116lo.jpg

Cheers for any help

Its also possibly looking for a new home if anyone is interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

fenrir wrote: »
    Hi
    Im wondering if anyone could help me with info on this bike. Im guessing its from the early eighties although possibly older and was originally purchased in Ottowa. The groupset is mixed campagnolo/Shimano/Miche
    I attached a picture of a Colnago Roger de Vlaeminck Paris-Roubaix and im thinking it might be a down the range version of that because of the similar stickers and what looks like a small Colnago sign on the left of the headtube.
    There is a website for Roger de Vlaeminck bikes but its not much help.

th_93459_08_122_171lo.jpgth_93463_DSCF0159_122_1154lo.jpgth_93474_DSCF0160_122_177lo.jpgth_93483_DSCF0161_122_116lo.jpg

Cheers for any help

BBCode fail

IMG]

fenrir wrote: »
    H
    And a new chain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dolani

We had bikes for casual travel... they didn't come with umbrellas or parasols and both were needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Hey I am interested in the Roger de Vlaeminck, I have a good home for it.
    What would you be looking for price wise? Pm if ya want.

Advertisement