Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    If my maths is correct it's just under 1.7!

In metric please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    In metric please?

7.3kgs, if my maths is correct.

Nice bike!

sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

colm_gti wrote: »

7.3kgs, if my maths is correct.

Nice bike!

I think it's 7.287kgs but that was with a scales that you hang it from and it reads in pounds. I'll check it on a digital scale soon but 7.3 will do for now!

I think it's 7.287kgs but that was with a scales that you hang it from and it reads in pounds. I'll check it on a digital scale soon but 7.3 will do for now!

Nice weight, considering those cosmics are relatively heavy! What size is the frame? Campag chorus?

• Advertisement

Nice weight, considering those cosmics are relatively heavy! What size is the frame? Campag chorus?

Its a 58.

Campag chorus is right.

Its a 58.

Campag chorus is right.

Not small so! Impressive weight!

Not small so! Impressive weight!

I have been dieting lately. Nice of you to notice!

The saddle and finishing kit are all carbon so some good weight saving there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I just bought this feather weight beauty today - its second hand but practically brand new as it was never used much and I got it for much less than the asking price.
    One question though I am always confused by the height of the saddle relationship with the height of the handlebars - is there a right way to have this?

I will still use my old crock to go to the beach and for other jobs - the racer is for my 40 mile + cycles.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bicycles/4009401

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I just bought this feather weight beauty today - its second hand but practically brand new as it was never used much and I got it for much less than the asking price.
    One question though I am always confused by the height of the saddle relationship with the height of the handlebars - is there a right way to have this?

Saddle height is usually set based on knee angle at the bottom of the stroke:

http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/how-to-get-your-seat-height-right-14608/

Handlebar height is set based on required balance between comfort, power and aerodynamics. Core strength and flexibility are factors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 knelson

Just completed the build, its a 51CM R5 with Full Drua Ace 7900 (except the Campag Record Chainset) 3T Carbon bars and a new stem to be added and the forks to be cut when I find the right height. Savage fast bike.

Forgot to say it weighs in at a remarkable 6.4KGs.

How come my Pics are conly coming up as attachements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

knelson wrote: »

front chain ring looks massive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The moderators are a jealous bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

In order for them to appear as 'embeddeed' images, you need to host them somewhere on the internet (imageshack etc) and then provide a link on your boards post to that site. Follow this advice http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_how#faq_bie_faq_how_images

I want it!

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    In order for them to appear as 'embeddeed' images, you need to host them somewhere on the internet (imageshack etc) and then provide a link on your boards post to that site. Follow this advice http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_how#faq_bie_faq_how_images

No you don't. Attach the file. Then open it in a new tab. Copy the URL. Go back to your post. Click in the box where you want it to appear. click the thing that looks like a picture / stamp above the box and paste the URL there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭fat bloke

236201.jpg

Better add that the above is a pic of Knelson's bike.

Mine is nicer again.

:)

I want it!

Some people are fickle! :D

• Advertisement

236197.jpg236199.jpg236198.jpg

lizzylad84 wrote: »

its a 39X53 with 12-23 block going on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

Another one of the Usher buy I take it? Lovely bikes. Cut the steerer!

lizzylad84 wrote: »

Probably because the bike is only miniature :P

Plastik wrote: »
    Another one of the Usher buy I take it? Lovely bikes. Cut the steerer!

Yeah it should be a laugh seeing them all together on club spins, you'd swear they were goin cheap:cool: I'll have the steerer cut when I'm sure the height is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

lovely bike knelson. Best of luck with it. Just wondering why you have a campag crankset with shimano. It does look a lot nicer than the current dura ace.

CaoimH_in wrote: »

Some people are fickle! :D

I don't want it anymore. It's too small for me!

lennymc wrote: »
    lovely bike knelson. Best of luck with it. Just wondering why you have a campag crankset with shimano. It does look a lot nicer than the current dura ace.

Thanks for the kind comments. .
    I have a Fast Forward SLK Carbon crankset from my Foucus BB30 frame, but the Cervelo doesn't take a BB30 crankset so I had to find a new one. I'm with you, I dont like to look of the Dura Ace and its much heavier than any of the Carbon cranks out there. This Record one was available (Brand New) for just €150 so I couldn't say no. I think it looks great on the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

snow-i_1148923t.jpg

From the Indo - "Despite the cold front, cyclists braved snow flurries in the Sally Gap, Co Wicklow"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭fat bloke

DominoDub wrote: »

From the Indo - "Despite the cold front, cyclists braved snow flurries in the Sally Gap, Co Wicklow"

That's a bit silly is that.
    Fair enough I was out in the snow on the flat, but Sally Gap??:rolleyes:

Advertisement