Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Not enjoying the relaxed feel. Was thinking of just replacing the frame but ive no idea how to build the bike back up,whether the components will fit the new frame etc etc. So will probably just sell it and buy something with a more aggressive position

No no no, such an unnecessary waste of money.
    Especially since its such a nice frame, small adjustments at a much smaller cost should do the job.
    A very simple start is to move the saddle further forward, if you want you could change out the stem for something with a steeper angle or just a longer stem if needed.
    Also one thing that would help would be to position the brake leavers further forward by about a cm to the correct position(or so it looks from here).
    Small adjustments like so will make a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

And from the photo, it looks like there are a ton of spacers stacked on the head, try taking some out and drop the stem down, that should give you a more aggressive position. You would be amazed what a difference 15mm would make.

Murph
    steinone wrote: »
    No no no, such an unnecessary waste of money.
    Especially since its such a nice frame, small adjustments at a much smaller cost should do the job.
    A very simple start is to move the saddle further forward, if you want you could change out the stem for something with a steeper angle or just a longer stem if needed.
    Also one thing that would help would be to position the brake leavers further forward by about a cm to the correct position(or so it looks from here).
    Small adjustments like so will make a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

My new bike- Litespeed Archon, full Dura Ace 7800, Mavic R-SYS wheels, Ritchey WCS carbon finishing kit.

th_archon_02.jpg th_archon_03.jpg th_archon_04.jpg th_archon_05.jpg th_archon_06.jpg th_archon_01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Ti I assume? What kind of cost, where did you get it, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Blorg, you know steel is real, that's just a daft bike! :)

Ti I assume? What kind of cost, where did you get it, etc?
    Yes, it's titanium and very comfortable while also being quite light and very stiff, as far as I can make out anyway. Really seems to smooth out bumps while still maintaining a sense of the road. €3,600 from Wiggle which was half the normal EU retail (€7,200.) Sterling collapse helped matters! Quite happy with that as you don't often see Litespeeds heavily discounted.

@Tiny- Ti is generally considered to have all the benefits of steel in terms of ride quality while being lighter and with none of the drawbacks (other than cost :D)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Sheesh, for that kind of money, you could have bought carbon.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Sure with all the titanium you could go to the Moon with that bike

el tonto wrote: »
    Sheesh, for that kind of money, you could have bought carbon.:P
    Well the spokes are carbon :D

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    @Tiny- Ti is generally considered to have all the benefits of steel in terms of ride quality while being lighter and with none of the drawbacks (other than cost :D)

Is Ti as repairable as steel?

But it's not as real!

Don't forget all the carbon on the finishing kit too :)

When's the brooks going on it is the real question on everyones lips (also the pics of you riding it in sandals will be awesome!

penexpers wrote: »
    Is Ti as repairable as steel?
    I believe it is more difficult to weld, although it doesn't rust and is stronger for any given weight (=lighter for any given strength). In any case the frame comes with a lifetime warranty. Whether it is easily weldable isn't a major factor with a racing bike although my tourer is also titanium... To be honest frame failures are rare enough that I wouldn't be too concerned cycling around the world on that either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Yes, it's titanium and very comfortable while also being quite light and very stiff, as far as I can make out anyway. Really seems to smooth out bumps while still maintaining a sense of the road. €3,600 from Wiggle which was half the normal EU retail (€7,200.) Sterling collapse helped matters! Quite happy with that as you don't often see Litespeeds heavily discounted.

Nice, nice indeed. Had be toying around with getting a Ti. €3600 is good, very good for that build. I was going to buy a new car, and rebuild by MTB, but got the car NCT'd, reckon I could wait for awhile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

My new bike- Litespeed Archon, full Dura Ace 7800, Mavic R-SYS wheels, Ritchey WCS carbon finishing kit.

Have you got a weight for it yet? It really nice by the way! Good luck with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Have you got a weight for it yet? It really nice by the way! Good luck with it :D
    He's going ultra-lightweight by riding pedal-less!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

BIKE WEIGH OFF!!!

Not as exciting as a dance off, or a walk off, but probably much more important :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Raam wrote: »
    BIKE WEIGH OFF!!!

Not as exciting as a dance off, or a walk off, but probably much more important :)

Won't be that light what the Brooks saddle is on ...

Won't be that light what the Brooks saddle is on ...

Blorg in non-brooks shocker

"I may as well give the Richey a go" says hairstyle guru and all round cycling legend.

Just in from Fake News Network (FNN) is the story that Blorg is going to ditch his beloved Brooks Saddle after over 13000km of bum friendly riding for a 'lightweight' performance saddle.

"I've given the stock saddles a go on all my previous bikes, but the brooks is just nicer over long distances" our hero was heard to utter; "but I'll leave this on for a while and see how it goes"

In other news, Satan was heard to say "Is it getting a bit chilly down here?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Brooks Saddle after over 13000km of bum friendly riding

Oh great idea... how about a new measure of Price Per Kilometre for your road bike(s). total kilometres / total value of all bikes == ppk. The person with the lowest ppk will assume the mantel of the smartest kid on the block -- actually let call it the Eddie Hobbs award.

• Advertisement

6.98kg :D It's actually not the lightest frame they do but it is reportedly stiffer than the Ghisallo. I am going to see how I go with the stock saddle before considering sticking a Brooks on it. Might just stick the Brooks on for the longer stuff like the W200, the stock saddle was OK for 108km on Saturday.

Oh great idea... how about a new measure of Price Per Kilometre for your road bike(s). total kilometres / total value of all bikes == ppk. The person with the lowest ppk will assume the mantel of the smartest kid on the block -- actually let call it the Eddie Hobbs award.

That'll be Blorg easily I'd say.... 13000 odd km on (I think) a Focus Cayo and a Giant Bowery -call it 1800quid of bikes... total of 7.2euro per k (and I'm being generous!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

That'll be Blorg easily I'd say.... 13000 odd km on (I think) a Focus Cayo and a Giant Bowery -call it 1800quid of bikes... total of 7.2euro per k (and I'm being generous!)

Ya gotta include the other 4 too.

Its either a bad day Tiny or blorg is a mad man 13000 * 7.2 EURO = 93,600

Its either a bad day Tiny or blorg is a mad man 13000 * 7.2 EURO = 93,600

total kilometres / total value = ppk
    13000 / 1800 = 7.2

Am I doing it wrong? :(

It is a bad day too though, just for the record!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

€1800 / 13000km = 13.84 cent per kilometer

When you look at it like that, it's a bargain.

/edit: the way you're doing it, your calculating the number of kilometers rode per euro spent, which is different.

total kilometres / total value = ppk
    13000 / 1800 = 7.2

Am I doing it wrong? :(

It is a bad day too though, just for the record!
    You are dividing the wrong way around, it would be 1,800/13,000 = 13.8c/km :D

Sean_K wrote: »
    €1800 / 13000km = 13.84 cent per kilometer
    When you look at it like that, it's a bargain.

my bad -- I posted the wrong formula.

13.84 cent per kilometer CRAP petrols cheaper :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

very nice bike blorg, what weight is it ?

• Advertisement

6.98kg :D It's actually not the lightest frame they do but it is reportedly stiffer than the Ghisallo. I am going to see how I go with the stock saddle before considering sticking a Brooks on it. Might just stick the Brooks on for the longer stuff like the W200, the stock saddle was OK for 108km on Saturday.

Have you seen the Brooks Imperial yet?

Advertisement