Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Beasty wrote: »
    I keep the really fancy stuff for the racer - bear in mind my commutes are also my training spins.

If I consider Di2 and a Quarg power meter extremely fancy..

..what do you consider fancy? :confused:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Zyzz wrote: »
    How much did the whole bike set you back? (including the quarg)
    The bike includng the Di2 was £2,100 from Slane Cycles, although I actually got it under the BTW scheme so that will save me around £500 (and before anyone asks, it will be used mainly for commuting!). I got the Quarq a couple of years ago for around £1,200 IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

The bike includng the Di2 was £2,100 from Slane Cycles, although I actually got it under the BTW scheme so that will save me around £500 (and before anyone asks, it will be used mainly for commuting!). I got the Quarq a couple of years ago for around £1,200 IIRC

Respect Beastly, lovely bike, I appreciate when someone doesn't do things by halves :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Zyzz wrote: »
    ..what do you consider fancy? :confused:
    :D

Well the racer has Dura Ace rather than Ultegra, as well as deep section wheels.

I put those Zipps on for the photo - I'll probably put the wheels that came with it back on for commuting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Well the racer has Dura Ace rather than Ultegra, as well as deep section wheels.

I put those Zipps on for the photo - I'll probably put the wheels that came with it back on for commuting

i have ultegra di2 on my rose. not sure i'd swap it for mech dura ace given the choice. you get VERY used to electric shifting..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Very nice bike, Beasty. You're making me a wee bit jealous. I've been contemplating di2 for a while, this might just push me over the edge.

Funnily enough, while the 105 5600 I'm currently using on my winter bike is superb (I never even have to trim it), the Ultegra 6700 on my "good" bike is always a bit iffy.

mossym wrote: »
    i have ultegra di2 on my rose. not sure i'd swap it for mech dura ace given the choice. you get VERY used to electric shifting..:)
    When I said Dura Ace, I meant Dura Ace Di2;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Alas the Cayo is no more, so I present to you the new commuter:
    I keep the really fancy stuff for the racer - bear in mind my commutes are also my training spins.

Commuting, commuting, commuting. Right that's the revenue crowd appeased. What you really planning to do with it? Crits? I'm right, it's crits isn't it? Don't bullshít us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

When I said Dura Ace, I meant Dura Ace Di2;)

ah go jump in a lake :D

Raam wrote: »
    Commuting, commuting, commuting. Right that's the revenue crowd appeased. What you really planning to do with it? Crits? I'm right, it's crits isn't it? Don't bullshít us.
    Commuting (mainly;))....

... then there's the occasional Swords Saturday spin

... and the infamous Skerries winter training

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Very nice Beasty, hope it serves you well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

bmcrm011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

I'm usually not a fan of BMC but that's very very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am proud of you Lenny, well done. What's the weight? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I am proud of you Lenny, well done. What's the weight? :D

praise from cesar, that replaces your damaged boardman frame so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

sorry - should have said that's not mine. (My frame is still in the post) but it should be pretty similar when its finished. Depending on wheels im guestimating anything from 6.7 - 7.2 kg with computer, cadence and bottle cages. Guess ill find out when it turns up. Can't wait. I may just hang it over the fireplace and not race it at all!! Seriously.

@manafana - yeah - this will be the replacement for the busted boardman.

I am jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

My Lot...cleaned, lubed and ready to go..:p

248055.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

07Lapierre wrote: »
    My Lot...cleaned, lubed and ready to go..:p

shudder :( i really should give my bikes a good cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

shudder :( i really should give my bikes a good cleaning

You need to read ALL the rules!

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/comment-page-8/#65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

new wheels arrived today.

2013-04-05145100_zps9c4e1960.jpg

14l1l1.jpg

What a beauty.. notice the rear derailleur, it's a 700euro one.

Whats so special about it Astra? Looks like a super record with a funny cage?

It's a Berner super record with enormous pulleys that's supposedly reduce the friction,drag and weight. Lot's of the pros use them. It does look cool but the money is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

Saw one on Cancellara's bike at Roubaix, good enough for me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

That's a super looking bike, really like the white frame and the black components look

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

It's not just my road bike, it's my..............racer !
    /I've always called my bike a 'racer', when did that term fall out of existence ?

DD207F3260D0459586550447875C4F6B-0000318644-0003218296-00800L-68AF6B92CE52486FBC9096BCAFEBAC48.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

It's not just my road bike, it's my..............racer !
    /I've always called my bike a 'racer', when did that term fall out of existence ?

Nice Bike Racer!

I prefer racer too, but somebody decided road bike was more correct. I think it's too wide a definition, including everything that can sensibly be cycled on the road:

From this:
    unicycle.jpg

To this:
    1249902037871-wzmefpbvvru2-670-75.jpg
    Then this:
    Boardman-Hybrid-Pro-sideon.jpg

Before ending with this:
    content_image_compact_road.jpg
    And this:
    p594952625-4.jpg

never mind other yokes road bikes like

This:
    photo_m5-ligfietsen-and-handbikes-m-racer_2019.jpg

Or this:
    folding_bike.jpg

this:
    12.jpg

This:
    strange-bike1_ktFBV_2263.jpg

This:
    wooden-bikes.jpg

This:
    feet-bike-1.jpg

This:
    image0072.jpg

Or this:
    A48811weird%20bicycle1.jpg

ERROR! NO MORE IMAGES LEFT IN GOOGLELAND. GOOGLE IS NOW BROKEN

Yea! Let's just call them racers !!!

(It's a Friday ;))
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=unicycle&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=M6mh2_t_dQQdCM&tbnid=XQcOs9o1lIgcCM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bikeforest.com%2Funicycles.php&ei=y_JnUYWrBYKK7AbOtYHYAw&psig=AFQjCNFSGMiWtwYXy7Cx7Lxfl-Hgrd25vA&ust=1365853245173179

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

All those bikes could also be raced, So they're all racers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

feet-bike-1.jpg
    He seems to be hanging by a strap but there are no pedals, what the hell is the thinking there?

Advertisement