Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I was following scot's instructions!

instruction fail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

penexpers wrote: »
    Have you seen the Brooks Imperial yet?
    Only in photos, but I gather it is a B17 with a hole cut in the middle, like Selle Anatomica. I find the B17 too wide for the longer stuff- prefer the Swallow or Swift (in that order) for long cycles. Managed 305km on the Swallow with no problems in that region (knees gave out though) but was certainly feeling the saddle after 235km on the B17. B17 is very nice for shorter distances though, very hammock like.

@Eagle- 6.98kg

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭jefferson73

blorg wrote: »
    My new bike- Litespeed Archon, full Dura Ace 7800, Mavic R-SYS wheels, Ritchey WCS carbon finishing kit.

th_archon_03.jpg

Congratulations on the new bike, it's truly a beauty and a rare sight on the roads, in my opinion a future classic...wish you the best with it.

Just to be aware that Mavic have recalled the R-SYS front wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭jefferson73

uberwolf wrote: »
    now I know it says images of beauty in the thread title...
    Careful now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9xuXQjxMM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Careful now!

yeah, I'm not sure if it's NSFW?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

uberwolf wrote: »
    yeah, I'm not sure if it's NSFW?

It's not NSFW at first glance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Better pics of my wheels...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Better pics of my wheels...
    Specialized tarmac is a very good looking bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Just picked it up yesterday. Cant wait for its maiden voyage!

P2C.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

doesn't look like much of a hack to me... looks like a sweet ride.

f*ckin 'ell, how much did that set you back? new or second hand?

brand new. just shy of 4k. been saving for it for sometime now! Damn these high winds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Bambaata wrote: »
    brand new. just shy of 4k. been saving for it for sometime now! Damn these high winds!!

Do ya mind me asking where ya got the wheeels, i didnt think they still sold the 606 package

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

congratulations on your purchase bambatta.

i bought it from Rob in Wheelworx. I didnt want the stock wheels so he had a 606 set that were on a felt. Someone obviously must not have wanted the zipps buying the felt as they prob had their own etc but still wanted the build. ive a friend with a B2 pro and they came branded as 606 too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Bambaata wrote: »
    i bought it from Rob in Wheelworx. I didnt want the stock wheels so he had a 606 set that were on a felt. Someone obviously must not have wanted the zipps buying the felt as they prob had their own etc but still wanted the build. ive a friend with a B2 pro and they came branded as 606 too

its a sweet looking bike, thinking of a cervelo myself as a time trial bike in the summer if i get the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

My new baby (Wilier Mortirolo), just picked it up yesterday from border city cycles! Can't wait to get a good spin on it!! Kitted with Campagnolo Veloce so keeping it Italian!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

alfalad wrote: »
    My new baby (Wilier Mortirolo), just picked it up yesterday from border city cycles! Can't wait to get a good spin on it!! Kitted with Campagnolo Veloce so keeping it Italian!:D

I have to say that's a lovely looking machine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

la pierre rcr 500
    fully kitted out, sorry bou the pic, not the greatest, il post up a few more there when i get the chance

Photo_0017.jpg

Photo_0015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

alfalad wrote: »

That's a nice looking bike. Best of luck on it :) I like the carbon finish on the frame, and those red pedals are perfect for it.

What are the range and prices like at Border City? I did have a look at their website, but it's not up to much. I've seen some nice Wilier bikes on Epic Cycles, and their prices seem reasonable, but wondered how Border City would compare. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

What are the range and prices like at Border City? I did have a look at their website, but it's not up to much. I've seen some nice Wilier bikes on Epic Cycles, and their prices seem reasonable, but wondered how Border City would compare. Thanks.

I thought they were good value certainly compared to shops down here. But Epic do seem cheaper. The bike I have is the 2008 model although very little diff in the 2009 and I picked it up for 1,200. He isn't carrying much stock at the moment but said he will be starting to get it in over the next couple of weeks. Your best bet would be to give him a call and see what he can do the guy's name is Phil and the fact he's only and hour and 20 up the motorway is a big advantage to me!

And thanks can't wait to get out on it properly and see what it can do!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

The Epic 2008 model is a little bit cheaper, but the groupset's not as good, and you're right, having the shop just up the road makes a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I know I've posted this before when I got it with a crap picture, anyway here it is again with the few new bits and a decent photo I took on todays chili spin with my camera phone! :D Location: Croom, Co. Limerick

Upgrades so far are: Carbon cages also here! €10 each, Red Vittoria Rubino Pro Tyres €15 each, White Ambrosio tapes €2, Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow white €35, Polar CS200 Cadence/HRM €90 (not working!), Topeak Tool & Pump, Customised name stickers and the 2 tiny Knog Frog lights! (Front, Rear). I know, some are accessories! :P
    2008trek15wp9.jpg

Let me know what you think...it was a cheap enough bike but I think it looks well now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Not cheap at all, good looking bike. Does your speed sensor work properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Looks good, the white bar tape and saddle complements the bike very well and looks better than the black. Thanks for linking all the sources of your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

I know I've posted this before when I got it with a crap picture, anyway here it is again with the few new bits and a decent photo I took on todays chili spin with my camera phone! :D Location: Croom, Co. Limerick

Upgrades so far are: Carbon cages also here! €10 each, Red Vittoria Rubino Pro Tyres €15 each, White Ambrosio tapes €2, Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow white €35, Polar CS200 Cadence/HRM €90 (not working!), Topeak Tool & Pump, Customised name stickers and the 2 tiny Knog Frog lights! (Front, Rear). I know, some are accessories! :P
    2008trek15wp9.jpg

Let me know what you think...it was a cheap enough bike but I think it looks well now! ;)

Indeed it looks well nice bike

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Not cheap at all, good looking bike. Does your speed sensor work properly?
    Yes, speed sensor and cadence work but not the wearlink heart rate chest strap. I contacted wiggle and they said their policy for returning Polar products is to send it directly back to Polar themselves. They gave me an address, email and phone number for Polar, and for the last week or so I have tried to contact them. It is like as if they (Polar customer service) do not exist! I don't fancy sending off €100 worth in the post to these people without knowing where it's going (or the fact nobody is expecting it or knows anything about it!)

It's really annoying, as I think I'll be stuck for good with a brand new, broken computer. I know enough to be aware that it is the retailer (Wiggle) with whom I have the contract, and so therefore they are responsible for setting things right in the event of a problem? Am I right in saying this? Maybe I should insist on Wiggle sending me out a replacement. The price has also gone up considerably since I bought it, and postage will cost a nice bit, surely I shouldn't have to pay a penny as it is not my fault! What you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Yes, speed sensor and cadence work but not the wearlink heart rate chest strap. I contacted wiggle and they said their policy for returning Polar products is to send it directly back to Polar themselves. They gave me an address, email and phone number for Polar, and for the last week or so I have tried to contact them. It is like as if they (Polar customer service) do not exist! I don't fancy sending off €100 worth in the post to these people without knowing where it's going (or the fact nobody is expecting it or knows anything about it!)

It's really annoying, as I think I'll be stuck for good with a brand new, broken computer. I know enough to be aware that it is the retailer (Wiggle) with whom I have the contract, and so therefore they are responsible for setting things right in the event of a problem? Am I right in saying this? Maybe I should insist on Wiggle sending me out a replacement. The price has also gone up considerably since I bought it, and postage will cost a nice bit, surely I shouldn't have to pay a penny as it is not my fault! What you think?

Thats interesting as I was thinking of going for the same one myself - but now on second thoughts..................

Thats interesting as I was thinking of going for the same one myself - but now on second thoughts..................

Don't get me wrong, its an excellent computer (if it all worked properly! :p) especially at €90 which I got it at (it retails for €150 here in Ireland! :eek:)
    It's well designed, I might just be really unlucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Apologies for the large size - long time lurker - this is my baby (Transition Syren)

Syren.jpg

Advertisement