Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

New hoops for the Pro Road.
    Planet X 50mm carbon rims,booted with Vittoria Pave Evo 24mm tubs.
    IMAG0110.jpg

The re-sized Road Ace. Wheels all sorted and new tubs glued down.
    IMAG0123.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Love the Road Ace, pristine. I had that Shimano bottle and cage too.

I also had a block like that, my knees are fooked but I hobble with pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Cheers AmberGold. 42x21 is as easy as it gets.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

That's not a sportive saddle to bars drop on the Ribble

It only sportive by name, it's a racer at heart.

I did have the stem above the spacers, but found it very upright, so despite looking like a torture device, it's very comfortable for me. I must have long arms at bit like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Cheers AmberGold. 42x21 is as easy as it gets.:eek:

Jesus!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭seanin4711

here is my offering a mix of the old and the new!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Introducing my new Canyon SLX, it's the second one posted up here in the last week, but it's a thing of beauty so I figured it would be rude not to share.

All is stock. Not really getting on with the Selle Saddle but only had one ride so far and saddle was a touch high so gonna give it another chance. Might have to get a Romin if not, I do love my Romin.

IMAG0997.jpg

IMAG0999.jpg

IMAG1004.jpg

IMAG1005.jpg

IMAG1006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

skerry wrote: »
    Introducing my new Canyon SLX, it's the second one posted up here in the last week, but it's a thing of beauty so I figured it would be rude not to share.

All is stock. Not really getting on with the Selle Saddle but only had one ride so far and saddle was a touch high so gonna give it another chance. Might have to get a Romin if not, I do love my Romin.

What's your Garmin sitting on?

What's your Garmin sitting on?

I picked up a K-Edge Garmin Mount which sits the Garmin in front of the bars for better visibility, and more importantly, it looks much cooler :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Are you running DA 9000?

• Advertisement

Zyzz wrote: »
    Are you running DA 9000?

Yeah it's DA 9000 as per pics. Miles ahead of my old Ultegra in terms of shift quality, perfect every time. Shifts are pretty effortless too, can change to lower gear no problem with a small push on the top of the lever from the hoods, no way I could do that with my old Ultegra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Yeah it's DA 9000 as per pics. Miles ahead of my old Ultegra in terms of shift quality, perfect every time. Shifts are pretty effortless too, can change to lower gear no problem with a small push on the top of the lever from the hoods, no way I could do that with my old Ultegra

No joke I've had a dream or two about having 9000 on my bike.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Hmm..thats good to know. I love the SLXs - well wear skerry.

Zyzz wrote: »
    No joke I've had a dream or two about having 9000 on my bike.. :pac:

Speaking of dreams I had a bad one last night about asking the ould lad to give the bike a wipe down, came back to see he'd put the saddle on backwards and totally resprayed the bike :eek:

I had debated getting the Ultegra Di2 version but glad I went with DA now. Reviews were saying that the shift quality is very similar between the two, haven't tried Di2 myself but can't imagine it being much smoother than this.

It's my present to myself for finishing my PhD so figured it was probably the only time I'd get to splash out on Dura Ace, feck it your only young once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

New hoops for the Pro Road.
    Planet X 50mm carbon rims,booted with Vittoria Pave Evo 24mm tubs.
    IMAG0110.jpg

The re-sized Road Ace. Wheels all sorted and new tubs glued down.
    IMAG0123.jpg

Loving that man shed...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

A busy evening on boards for me - 2 posts in one night!

I really wanted an Irish built bike and through some helpful assistance came across this Gordon. Billy Gordon built bikes in the 50's and 60's, mainly for club riders as far as I know. http://www.lisburn.com/archives/info/news-2009-2/billy-gordon.html

9130506184_9d2dbe42f1_c.jpg

The bike is 531 (of course), Nervex lugs, Campagnolo gears (does anyone have a Stronglight chainset?), Mafac Brakes and you can see the rest. It also has a boss on the back of the seattube for a Pennine CO2 pump. I resprayed it British racing green. By the way that type of bottlecage is a must for anyone contemplating L'Eroica.

It rode well on the Shay Elliott Vintage spin, with a 42 x 24 being a few gears more than the Tax Man's road ace...yet he went over Glenmalure before me!

9127955119_36c9235cc6_c.jpg

So....I went ahead and bought a Turas. Arrived yesterday by courier.

After asking about the difference between Shimano v SRAM, I went ahead with SRAM Force.

2WI4R6P.jpg

One spin so far, last night with the club. Fecking awesome I must say. 7.2kg without accessories. Also noticed a massive difference between the 50:34 crankset on my old Trek as opposed to the 53:39 on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

So....I went ahead and bought a Turas. Arrived yesterday by courier.

After asking about the difference between Shimano v SRAM, I went ahead with SRAM Force.

2WI4R6P.jpg

One spin so far, last night with the club. Fecking awesome I must say. 7.2kg without accessories. Also noticed a massive difference between the 50:34 crankset on my old Trek as opposed to the 53:39 on this.

lovely bike right up my street, and pretty unique

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Do you need all these spacers? There must be 100mil of them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

AstraMonti wrote: »

And more importantly, 200g of spacer and steerer tube :p

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure how much the spacers add up to...got professionally fitted last year so must get out the diagram and measure everything up :p
    colm_gti wrote:
    And more importantly, 200g of spacer and steerer tube
    Pfffft....200g me arse. More like 30g! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Saddle seems a bit "slippy"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Spirit level required

You talking to me? 'Cos I am finding the seatpost constantly dropping when I hit any description of a bump...the saddle itself is fine :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Straighten the saddle, slam the stem and HTFU.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

You talking to me? 'Cos I am finding the seatpost constantly dropping when I hit any description of a bump...the saddle itself is fine :P

there is a grippy paste that you can apply to the post that will help with that. I had it on the BMC, and the paste worked wonders. Not sure what its called or where you get it tho. Mine came with the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

As Lenny said about the grippy paste, but do you not feel yourself slipping off that saddle a bit? Or find you push yourself back on it a bit, especially when in the drops?

As Lenny said about the grippy paste, but do you not feel yourself slipping off that saddle a bit? Or find you push yourself back on it a bit, especially when in the drops?

No not really. I like to be leaning forward a bit most of the time on the bike, and I usually only use the drops when sprinting or if it's terribly windy.

But like I said, I must go and set up the bike properly to the spec I was given when I was fitted, so most things will probably change slightly :)

Thanks for the tip about the paste BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

lennymc wrote: »
    Not sure what its called or where you get it tho.

Carbon assembly paste; bike shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Idleater wrote: »
    Carbon assembly paste; bike shop.
    I would call it friction compound and it is suitable not only for carbon fibre. It is also specified for alloys :).

Advertisement