Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    The Passoni bikes are gorgeous. I want to like the older bikes like @lennymc has posted, but I just dont...........sorry. For me, going 'back' to downtube shifters, while necessary if you want to be totally true to the frame perhaps, is too much of a compromise.

I've gone "back" to downtube shifters recently and I'm really enjoying it for non-racing. There's a very rewarding mechanical clunk about them.

I'd never actually used downtube shifters before - the first bike I got was in 1993 and it had STIs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

SRAM 22 does look sweet now have say, loved the willy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Lumen wrote: »
    I've gone "back" to downtube shifters recently and I'm really enjoying it for non-racing. There's a very rewarding mechanical clunk about them.

I'd never actually used downtube shifters before - the first bike I got was in 1993 and it had STIs.
    My new bike is equipped with the downtube shifters as well. I am also new to this, but surprisingly, I like it. Especially the real feel of the mechanical action that comes with it ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Been meaning to take a few pictures of my bikes but never really got round to it. Had a few minutes to take a few quick snaps today.

Ribble Sportive. Primarily used for racing but has been on the shelf the last year or two due to a recurring injury. Only just back on the bike 3 weeks. Yet to really ride since being back. Pretty much stock. Campag Centaur groupset.
    9377471537_08b7a48ae8_c.jpg
    Focus Varadio. Bought when Focus were first being stocked on Wiggle. Really nice bike to ride. Stock with 105 groupset.
    9380262318_f1c27f7f90_c.jpg

Saved the best till last. DiamondBack Interval. Been around my house for years. My dad rode it before me. Has clocked up a serious amount of mileage. Used primarily as a training/winter bike. Retiring it to the turbo soon. Sad to see it go but had to spot weld the frame one or two times. Horrible bike for climbing. Not only ridiculous heavy but the gearing is woeful. 39/52 and 12/23 on the back. Can't shift into the 23 on the cassette so you're stuck with 21 or something. Just bought a Specialized Allez as a replacement. The joys of having nothing but disposable income :P
    9377485831_8331d774e3_c.jpg

Saw a few posts talking about downtube shifters so thought I'd show off the Diamondback's downtube shifters.
    9380247050_8b292ed933_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

My first ever build thanks to the bargain frame from Westbrook Cycles (missed out on the SL frame), nicked a couple of bits off the old alu bike and hunted the internet for bargains for the rest.....real sense of achievement when you build your own bike and a great learning experience, would recommend it to anyone :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ciaran OHara

guym wrote: »
    My first ever build thanks to the bargain frame from Westbrook Cycles (missed out on the SL frame), nicked a couple of bits off the old alu bike and hunted the internet for bargains for the rest.....real sense of achievement when you build your own bike and a great learning experience, would recommend it to anyone :):)
    very nice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Stunner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

she's tidy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

To replace my recently nicked Dolan Preffisio, and recently christened on commuting duties. B'Twin Triban 5, Shimano Sora triple groupset (old model - but for 500 quid, hey I'm not complaining). Just fitted Shimano R500 wheels and a set of Panaracers Race A, which have improved her no end. A set of mud guards is all that's needed and she's set for anything.....

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

My first post and my first proper bike.

DSC02018.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Aeghnor wrote: »
    My first post and my first proper bike.

DSC02018.JPG

that handlebar setup looks bit funny

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bechermann

My machine, Giant TCR in T-Mobile colours...aka the pink panther! Posted it here before I think, but she's had a few upgrades. Spec is as follows:
    Full Ultegra 6600 group, standard double with a 25-12 6700 cassette
    Rose carbon saddle & seatpost
    Planet X lightweight skewers
    Elite bottle cages
    130mm 3T stem & 3T Ergonova bars, Fizik tape
    Aksium wheels minus decals, on Continental Attack & Force tyres.

Want to upgrade the wheels in the near future, along with the pedals. Oh and a couple of black/carbon cages. Other than that, she's just as I want her, and great to ride!

9568757377_de1ef059ed_c.jpg

9568755155_c198583878_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bh13

My entry.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Bh13 wrote: »
    My entry.....!

major stem slammage required

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bh13 wrote: »
    My entry.....!

So. many. spacers.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Bechermann wrote: »
    9568757377_de1ef059ed_c.jpg

That is beautiful!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bh13

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    major stem slammage required

True

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Scott CR1 Frame from Westbrook sale. bought in moment of weakness as I was in Yorkshire when I read colmgti's thread only and only 20km away from shop.

ServiceLogin?hl=en_US&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Flh%2Flogin%3Fcontinue%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fpicasaweb.google.com%252Flh%252Fsredir%253Funame%253D110183297125920832326%2526target%253DPHOTO%2526id%253D5917654889981993634&service=lh2&ltmpl=gp&passive=true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Would bang. The groupset and wheels are gank though. Give me the regular ones any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

AstraMonti wrote: »

While it's nice, it's nothing wow.

WOW

5Q3yWYs.jpg

My weapon of choice (or actually my budgets choice) for the CX season. Athena 11 CX with ebay 50mm tubs. Need to lift the saddle a bit up and remove one spacer. It's a new experience getting down a trail of rocks while trying to slow down on carbon. Sorry for the bad pic, it had started raining quite badly at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Are you signed up?

I did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

My weapon of choice (or actually my budgets choice) for the CX season. Athena 11 CX with ebay 50mm tubs. Need to lift the saddle a bit up and remove one spacer. It's a new experience getting down a trail of rocks while trying to slow down on carbon. Sorry for the bad pic, it had started raining quite badly at this stage.

Looks like a heavy bike...

colm_gti wrote: »
    Looks like a heavy bike...

It was never intended to be light but it's not that bad, I was expecting much worse. Haven't weigh it yet, but my guess is around 7.8kgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Raam wrote: »
    Are you signed up?

Where does one sign up? I presume this is for the fixx series, yeah?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Athena 11 CX with ebay 50mm tubs. .

how are the ebay wheels?

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    how are the ebay wheels?

Round and true and they went down a rocky trail without exploding, too soon to say anything else.

Advertisement