Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Nice, nice rig - HUUUUUGE photo, the travel on it must be pretty huge too, 7-8in rear, 6-7in front? Even the disc rotors look big (208mm?). The only small thing on it is probably the no of chainring teeth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jollylee

Fabulous bike!! Shiny though. Time to get it out on the trails me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Yeah I think it is 6" rear and 6" front - I took that photo about 8 months ago so the poor thing is a bit knackered now! Got it shipped over from the States as couldnt find a dh bike small enough for me. Goes over everything you put in front of it like butter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Seeing as its too dangerous/miserable to go out at the moment, i was out in the shed sorting out the bikes

n4fxp3.jpg
    PS Bike is set up for a shorter buddy at the moment and saddle is actually loose, just propped on for the picture

zwb77s.jpg
    This is the bike i use for sportives and is superlight, would make you think twice about the need for carbon

2ltn6lv.jpg
    This is my race bike, 6.9kg with no specific lighweight components

2rf3af6.jpg
    If this was an improvement of the old orca it had to be one hell of a bike and they were right absolutely amazing kept for weekend rides too good to risk crashing

atwxfl.jpg
    Well all the others are too shiny for everyday use i needed something for nipping down the shops and the commute

The sad thing is that i have other bikes in various other states of disrepair and these are only the complete bikes

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You have four Orbeas? Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

cunavalos wrote: »

2ltn6lv.jpg
    This is my race bike, 6.9kg with no specific lighweight components

What kind of build is it?
    I love those Orca, saw an orange one before, one of the nicer bikes I've seen.

You have four Orbeas? Wow.
    No i have four fully built orbeas , there are two other frames i have lying around and am currently building up, one is a road bike i plan on building up with flat bar shifters and my big project "sub 6.0" thats not forgetting the tt bike and dolan fixed/track bike.

It helps when you still live at home with no car and to be honest i prefer collecting and building bikes than riding them
    What kind of build is it?
    I love those Orca, saw an orange one before, one of the nicer bikes I've seen.
    It is a stock orca from 2006 with their in house "Zeus" carbon components (handlebar, stem, seatpost and crankset) with campagnolo chorus throughout, fitted with neutrons at the moment but comes in at 6.9 with the mavic r-sys on,have to wait till march to get them back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

bike.

...to be honest i prefer collecting and building bikes than riding them

I would happily volunteer to give of them a spin foryou every now and then. Sort of like offering to walk the dog.;)

ROK ON wrote: »
    I would happily volunteer to give of them a spin foryou every now and then. Sort of like offering to walk the dog.;)

I'll also selflessly throw myself on that grenade :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

to be honest i prefer collecting and building bikes than riding them

Those other lads are very generous offering to ride your bikes......

Seeing as you just love to build bikes etc etc... I'd be more than happy to take any older frames off your hands to free up some space in the shed.....

I love riding more than I love bikes :-)

• Advertisement

I would happily volunteer to give of them a spin foryou every now and then. Sort of like offering to walk the dog
    I'll also selflessly throw myself on that grenade

Seeing as you just love to build bikes etc etc... I'd be more than happy to take any older frames off your hands to free up some space in the shed.....

cheers for the offers lads but i think i will pass on them but if anyone is thinking of getting an orbea give me a shout and i could arrange a test ride

dont get me wrong lads i still do a fair bit of cycling its just that i enjoy getting my hands dirty with the maintenance side and i guess the preoccupation with orbea stems from the eighties when all my buddies were pretending to be sean kelly or stephen roche i wanted to be different and would always pretend to be pedro delgado and the poster i had on my wall was of him riding an orbea. So when i started cycling again in my late teens there was only one option when it came to picking a bike. actually i recently found the poster in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Wow, those are some sweet bike cunavalos, and I agree. Would prefer to have a stack of sweet bikes than say, a ford fiesta (ask me again when it's raining).

And you keep them all in the shed? I hope it's at least under armed guard.

And you keep them all in the shed? I hope it's at least under armed guard.

Notice how i havent told anyone where i am based:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Notice how i havent told anyone where i am based:D

I sent your photos to Jack Bauer - he's scanned google maps and found your shed... He'll be popping in later today well within 24 hours anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lovely bikes cunavalos. Not much seatpost showing on any of them.

Is it a deliberate comfort thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Now that I have turned to the dark side...

th_raven_01.jpg th_raven_02.jpg th_raven_03.jpg th_raven_04.jpg th_raven_05.jpg

I also got one of these lads while I was at it:

th_tricross_01.jpg th_tricross_02.jpg th_tricross_03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Blorg, you have a problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Jesus Blorg, How many bikes do you actually have?

blorg wrote: »
    Now that I have turned to the dark side...

Hey, could you let me know how that Raven is - was considering going for one in the summer, seems like good value for a carbon MTB

Blord you are turning into crazy old cat lady, except with bikes...just don't go throwing them at anyone.

simpsons_CrazyCatLady.gif

• Advertisement

First dibs on any bike Blorg decides to sell

I have 8 now, admittedly more than I need. I think I will try to sell 2 or 3 of them in the spring but I doubt anything you'd be interested in Raam!

blorg wrote: »
    I have 8 now, admittedly more than I need. I think I will try to sell 2 or 3 of them in the spring but I doubt anything you'd be interested in Raam!

So you are keeping the Litespeed, TriCross and Cayo? ;)

I am thinking of selling the Cayo all right, the Litespeed replaces it, definately keeping the Litespeed and the Tricross. Want to wait until the weather is better so more people are looking to get a bike, etc. and also for the 2008 model UK sales to run their course and sterling to normalise (or otherwise I will have people posting "but I can get the 2008 Cayo new for a few quid more", disregarding that it is only available in size 50, etc. etc.) :D

CheGuedara- the Raven is a very nice ride, shifting is very precise and nice and light for going up hills. Seems to be quite manoeuverable too. Set-up from Wiggle was absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lazy-biker

8 thats nothing i have 10 built and not built

will post pics later

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »
    Blorg, you have a problem ;)

Please don't discourage him from buying bikes. Blorg plays a useful role for the rest of us. When your wife/husband/partner starts telling you you've too many bikes, you can say "but blorg has eight". In short, he makes the rest of us look restrained and sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

That focus raven looks very nice im half thinkin of getting a MTB myself is that the 2008? as the 2009 on wiggle has a differnt paint job?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Blorg - the fork on the tricross looks like an unusual design, what's the story just below the brake mounts

Yeah I thought that was a sensor mount on Lumens but Blorg has the same one.

• Advertisement

Blorg - the fork on the tricross looks like an unusual design, what's the story just below the brake mounts
    It is a zertz elastomer insert sort of like a mini shock absorber. still not convinced if it is of any really benefit

Advertisement