Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Seriously time to get the post images of horror thread going...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Mwah hah hah hah haaaaaaaaa!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

10532957905_29d8fa4403_b.jpg

Did anybody ever ride this wretched thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Looks like something Miley Cyrus would ride..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

happytramp wrote: »
    Except that music actually was better in the old days. 60's-90's vs the ear puke of the last two decades.

I think the fondness for good quality steel frames stems from the fact that many frames today look like a step back down the evolutionary ladder. It's been ingrained into us to believe that small, slim, minimalist, chrome is good while fat, clunky, plasticy looking is bad. Many modern bikes are the visual equivalent of the 1980's giant mobile phone. "Look everybody... we've made our product bigger, added more material, made it more fussy and cluttered"

Many modern bikes look crap. Many older bikes looked crap too.

Most modern music is crap. Most music produced between 1960 and 1999 was also crap.

It is common that as time passes, you forget the crap and only remember the stuff worth remembering.

Many modern bikes look crap. Many older bikes looked crap too.

Most modern music is crap. Most music produced between 1960 and 1999 was also crap.

It is common that as time passes, you forget the crap and only remember the stuff worth remembering.

Debates like this were always better when I was younger. Around 1989, best year for debates. All debates since have been ego-tripping, void of rationale and vacuous. There's just no feeling in modern debate, no finesse, it's all brutality and force. Foxtrot vs twerking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Debates like this were always better when I was younger. Around 1989, best year for debates. All debates since have been ego-tripping, void of rationale and vacuous. There's just no feeling in modern debate, no finesse, it's all brutality and force. Foxtrot vs twerking.

Accepting this is how I learned to stop updating my facebook status and embrace the twerk.

FaceBook is the realm of the rationally challenged and logically ignorant (no claims to grammatical correctness are made in this post).

Also:

tumblr_ml721uskip1sn1gffo1_1280.jpg

1991-eddy-merckx-team-stuttgart-corsa-8511_11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    This is a Ferrari so it must be beautiful, right?

I think i know who owns that bike!

IncrediblesWallpaper1024.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Haldir

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I think i know who owns that bike!

IncrediblesWallpaper1024.jpg

I think Dave might also like it!! :cool:

zabriskie-incredibles.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

RonanCFD wrote: »
    Would it be complete heresy to build a frameset like this up with modern components? (Campag of course).

Well here's one I did last Christmas. An old 80's Moser frame with modern Campagnolo parts and a fair helping of Carbon. I'd be interested to see what Lusk, Brian? and the rest anti-steel brigade make of it. Does it cut the mustard or is it still to retro?

a430c566-0924-4666-9540-84cbf3620360_zps02dc6c6c.jpg?t=1384361406

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

happytramp wrote: »
    Well here's one I did last Christmas. An old 80's Moser frame with modern Campagnolo parts and a fair helping of Carbon. I'd be interested to see what Lusk, Brian? and the rest anti-steel brigade make of it. Does it cut the mustard or is it still to retro?

a430c566-0924-4666-9540-84cbf3620360_zps02dc6c6c.jpg?t=1384361406

She's looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

happytramp, what seat post is that? daft question I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

lizzylad84 wrote: »

Similar to one of the older Look seatposts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Just sticking up a quick pick of my Hybrid Carrera Subway.
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20131113_205520.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

mondeo wrote: »
    Just sticking up a quick pick of my Hybrid Carrera Subway.

Are there not mount points for full length mudguards?

Idleater wrote: »
    Are there not mount points for full length mudguards?

There is but i just fancied those particular mudguards. The front guard is not great to be honest though. The rear seems good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭jimbo28

What a beauty...pity bout the price?Boardman_AiRTTE_Di2DA_xl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Mondeo

Can I ask why?
    This is a particular thread. The title comains a clue - beauty.

Your bike is not a beauty. You must know this. If you don't, I am sorry to shatter any illusions that you may have.

It is a mass produced commuter bike. There is nothing particularly wrong with the bike, it may well be a fine bike to commute on.

But it is just that. A utilitarian form of transport.

His thread is reserved exclusively for beautiful bikes. That they may be utilitarian is actually a hindrance. That they may be modes of transport is ancillary.
    They are beautiful.

Yours is not - please post it in Boards user fleets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

lizzylad84 wrote: »

One of these chaps. China's finest.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-3k-Full-carbon-Road-MTB-Bike-Bicycle-Seatpost-27-2-mm-350mm-180g/964691316.html

Interesting site. Your money isn't released until you receive your goods. Quite a good idea if you ask me when dealing with these random Chinese carbon sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Can... can we just ban TT bikes? Forever. From everything. Forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cyclic

^^^^Bike Snob

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ROK ON wrote: »
    Mondeo

Can I ask why?

Your bike is not a beauty. You must know this. If you don't, I am sorry to shatter any illusions that you may have.

It is a mass produced commuter bike. There is nothing particularly wrong with the bike, it may well be a fine bike to commute on.

His thread is reserved exclusively for beautiful bikes. That they may be utilitarian is actually a hindrance. That they may be modes of transport is ancillary.
    They are beautiful.

It was pointed out only very recently that that is not at all what the thread was setup for, the thread isn't reserved exclusively or otherwise for what you or any of us think is beautiful. See post 1.

There are 100s of pictures of run of the mill users bikes throughout the thread. It doesn't reflect well to be trying to boss other people around. Especially after a bike post with little comment on pages and pages of chat.

Raam wrote: »
    Can... can we just ban TT bikes? Forever. From everything. Forever.

Down with that sort of thing boy!............what is it you like? soft aul talk and chaaep women ?;)

What a beauty...........shame about the price:)
    Boardman_AiR98_Di2_xl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

They are beautiful.

uberwolf wrote: »
    Seeing as the after hours lads have been drooling over their own concepts of beauty thought occured that the cyclists could post images of their equipment. And of their dream bikes etc. happy viewing.

If mondeo considers the bike a beauty, it fits in this thread. Lord knows, I've posted my commuter with panniers in here. And I have a frankenbike in progress, that I had been considering not posting here, but there are some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I disagree. There is a threat where we can post our own bikes.
    The title of this thread specifies beauty. It is not unreasonable to expect that.

Utilitarian committee bikes are not beautiful. They are peefectl ordinary.
    I am not anti them - but there is a thread for them.

This ain't it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

This is just as much a thread for dream bikes as it is for people to put up pics of their own, regardless of what anyone else thinks of them. Everyone is going to see bikes here that aren't beautiful to them, but are beautiful to others.

• Advertisement

Personaly I find it aesthetically pleasing, I posted it here in good faith so others can have a little glimpse. Couldn't care less if some choose to dislike it :rolleyes:. Its my bike and I like it so thats all that matters. I must have some pride in it if I went to the trouble to upload it here.
    Mondeo

Can I ask why?

They are beautiful.

Advertisement