Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

They are but i need a spare set as i snapped spokes & bent my easton ea50sl's and these are my only wheels now,
    anybody think that it would look even better with red decal FFWD's or white decal zipp
    holy moly that is some arsenal! the ffwds are pretty slick I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

They are but i need a spare set as i snapped spokes & bent my easton ea50sl's and these are my only wheels now,

C'mon, we all know you're getting new ones just to colour match the bike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Just did my first national race on this, new wheels are coming but what yee think as it stands
    IMG_20140215_234706.jpg
    Might get ffwd or zipp but duno which will suit better

Beautiful bike but you'd have done it way more justice without the instagram filter or whatever it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Yeah the TCR gives me warm fuzzy feelings...weirdly though the Propel makes me feel slightly nauseous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Yeah the TCR gives me warm fuzzy feelings...weirdly though the Propel makes me feel slightly nauseous.

Don't look at the Giant Revolt then it will have you vomiting Exorcist style. I'll post a link in the ugly thread, it has no place in this one. If ever there was a more aptly named bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Beautiful bike but you'd have done it way more justice without the instagram filter or whatever it is

Ya twas instagram, heres a pic from a race. Must get some pics when the sun arrives, clearer ones
    fb18a743-93cd-4ac3-a4cb-1783f44a2d7a.jpg

Dont mind the state of me and without my foakleys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Just finished (finally) the build on this frame that I got before Christmas.

Frame is Colnago Active with Campagnolo 10s grouppo, mostly carbon, but all parts other than 'consumables' and cables etc are used/2nd hand and there's a bit of mix in there. All parts on her are Italian except for the seatpost (looking for a suitable one) and tiny bits like gel pads under 'bar tape and barrel adjusters. The frame took an interesting path to get to me, but worth it ! The Bikeradar.com forum was a good source of parts for me.

Thanks to a few of the Campag heads on here (@Countrykid, @Letape and @BCMF) whos assistance and advice was much in demand and always freely given.

ColnagoActive_PA_2903.jpg

Very nice BlaaMan love those old Colnago's. Most of the new one's are not a patch on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Remember someone started a thread about coloured tyres and he post a picture of his bike and infairness they did suit the bike. Those yellow tyres on that Colnago however ruin what would normally be a lovely bike imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

Frame is Colnago Active with Campagnolo 10s grouppo, mostly carbon, but all parts other than 'consumables' and cables etc are used/2nd hand and there's a bit of mix in there. All parts on her are Italian except for the seatpost (looking for a suitable one) and tiny bits like gel pads under 'bar tape and barrel adjusters. The frame took an interesting path to get to me, but worth it !

Thanks to a few of the Campag heads on here (@Countrykid, @Letape and @BCMF) whos assistance and advice was much in demand and always freely given.

*Drool*

Slurp
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Remember someone started a thread about coloured tyres and he post a picture of his bike and infairness they did suit the bike. Those yellow tyres on that Colnago however ruin what would normally be a lovely bike imo.

I tried black first.....
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~archer/cycling/P1090671Large.JPG
    but prefer these Vittoria black/yellow. Everyone to their own tastes, I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I tried black first.....
    Yellow and blue deffo go together.

logo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

She's lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

A Rolls would really tie it together Blaaman.

fahrradsattel-selle-san-marco-rolls-sw-760x450.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Lumen wrote: »
    Yellow and blue deffo go together.

logo.gif

I associate the blue and yellow combo with high levels of stress

ryanair.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

My new bike. Now should it be added here or posts of ugly lol

jag con wrote: »
    296258.jpg

Nope Bianchi's belong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

121030-Legend-SE-Large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

RonanCFD wrote: »

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Nope

Sure?

121030-Legend_SS_ST_W.jpg

<edit> it is stupidly expensive, mind </edit>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

whats the spec on the bike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

RonanCFD wrote: »

Ugh, Serotta making boring bikes. Sign of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

Ugh, Serotta making boring bikes. Sign of the times.

I quite like it, although the fork and seat stays disappear in that photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Lovely machine. I think it would look classier with black tires with tanned sidewalls, the yellow is taking something away from it. (I also dont like the saddle but I don't argue with comfort)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

ipodrocker wrote: »
    whats the spec on the bike?

Hi the groupset is Campy Chorus 11sp and the finishing kit is FSA SL-K carbon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

I tried black first.....

More Christmas decorations. What's going on here?

Gorgeous bike (especially with the Vittorias)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Hi the groupset is Campy Chorus 11sp and the finishing kit is FSA SL-K carbon

scoop_17135_6397.jpeg

Everything seems to look better when it's Campy...even third party conversion kits.

$(KGrHqZ,!kwE+59,(gBJBQPuKhhZ4!~~60_3.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Def a beauty...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

Frame is Colnago Active with Campagnolo 10s grouppo, mostly carbon, but all parts other than 'consumables' and cables etc are used/2nd hand and there's a bit of mix in there. All parts on her are Italian except for the seatpost (looking for a suitable one) and tiny bits like gel pads under 'bar tape and barrel adjusters. The frame took an interesting path to get to me, but worth it ! The Bikeradar.com forum was a good source of parts for me.

Very nice BlaaMan - best of luck with it. Don't strain the rear mech too much though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The little man's new wheels.

296325.jpg

296326.jpg

Advertisement