Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Ickle bike....cool.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    The little man's new wheels.

Hope he's paid his club subs.......

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Can't wait till my little fella can go on one of those. He's looking forward himself, see attached*.

*not an image of beauty as such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

happytramp wrote: »
    I quite like it, although the fork and seat stays disappear in that photo.

It looks like a small frame, so maybe not the best, but the damn sloping top tube, the white against silver, not for me. Might look better with Campy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Woo, tri-spoke wheels! When's the rear disc arriving?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Woo, tri-spoke wheels! When's the rear disc arriving?...

aero-bars next me thinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

1781544_613528625363164_2094111437_o_zpsed46df57.jpg

New YT Capra. Carbon framed enduro bike with 170mm travel for less than €3300. This changes everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

VO's Polyvalent MkIII

profile+edit.jpg

Nice.

(MkII in green for reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    1781544_613528625363164_2094111437_o_zpsed46df57.jpg

New YT Capra. Carbon framed enduro bike with 170mm travel for less than €3300. This changes everything.

Are you getting one? Any dealers here?

gman2k wrote: »
    Are you getting one? Any dealers here?

no dealers anywhere. order off the website only. If i can sell the dh bike and my current enduro bike and make up the difference id get it in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

MI_VELURB%20DARK_GREEN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

a bit lollypoppy ;) I love the stem / handlebar "broken" curve though.

Alek wrote: »
    a bit lollypoppy ;) I love the stem / handlebar "broken" curve though.

In isolation, yeah, but in context it works well. I particularly like the balance between the rims, stem and seatpost.

If the envelope was pushed any further it might end up in the ugly thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

no dealers anywhere. order off the website only. If i can sell the dh bike and my current enduro bike and make up the difference id get it in the morning.

Comp 2 would be nice....
    http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Trail/Capra-CF-Comp-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

ror_74 wrote: »
    MI_VELURB%20DARK_GREEN.jpg

Sooo close. Crankset clashes, and the bars are awful, plus there's only half of them. Black tape and brown saddle. Tut tut

Sooo close. Crankset clashes, and the bars are awful, plus there's only half of them. Black tape and brown saddle. Tut tut

I'd give it 9 out of ten. Adjust the bars so the levers are level for an extra .5, then switch the chainset to Campy Record for another .5. I still think the miche works fine. I like the saddle - its hard to pull off a mismatch with the bar tape, probably only the Italians get away with it. :)

campy-pista-chainset-med.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

God I must be getting awful cynical in my old age but I like almost nothing about that bike. The stem, the seatpost, the saddle, the chainset, the bars, the seat tube colour scheme... none of it works together. I even dislike those those brake levers and don't get me started on that ridiculous cable routing. Exposed cables on Aero levers???? I can't even see the calipers but I know they'd upset me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

happytramp wrote: »
    God I must be getting awful cynical in my old age but I like almost nothing about that bike. The stem, the seatpost, the saddle, the chainset, the bars, the seat tube colour scheme... none of it works together. I even dislike those those brake levers and don't get me started on that ridiculous cable routing. Exposed cables on Aero levers???? I can't even see the calipers but I know they'd upset me too.

I agree. It's a collection of things that are almost nice, but the overall is offensively wrong. What's frustrating is that if you took that frame in isolation, it would be quite difficult to f*ck up. But look at this. They've outdone themselves in making sh*te of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

How much would ya sell your current enduro bike for scrappy?

Jaysus, not even the Milani wheels chaps ? They're lovely.

It would be unusual to have hidden cables on a single speed/ fixed gear and the calipers look like athena from my side.

No, sorry, I'm declaring those criticisms null and void.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Jaysus, not even the Milani wheels chaps ? They're lovely.
    Tough audience.
    No, sorry, I'm declaring those criticisms null and void.
    You have low standards, that's OK. It probably makes lots of things easier.

:pac:

How much would ya sell your current enduro bike for scrappy?

Would be looking for 1200 for it as she stands with the dropper post left on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

It would be unusual to have hidden cables on a single speed/ fixed gear

Usually the cables would go under the bar tape and go straight to the calipers or cable stop but for some reason they've routed them out the back of the lever, over the bar tape and swirled them up in the air to make them look a bit like the old non-aero brake cables. It's pretty strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Would be looking for 1200 for it as she stands with the dropper post left on it

Still out of my league so,il have to stick with my rockhopper for now so!best of luck with the sake pal it's a lovely bike!

Lumen wrote: »

You have low standards, that's OK. It probably makes lots of things easier.

:pac:

My standards maybe in the gutter but they're looking at the stars :pac:

max1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Vitus979_zpsf18e406e.jpg

My Vitus 979. Finding it difficult to replace the manky hoods unless I go non-aero. Toyed with the idea of getting a set of chrome old style pedals with white leather straps but I plan to use it a good bit so the pedals stay for the time being. BioPace chainring 52/42 which I quite like the feel of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

After a decent muck about in phoenix park, my new cyclocross bike scrubs up nicely.

12405840115_b8eff863fd_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

calistro wrote: »
    Vitus979_zpsf18e406e.jpg

My Vitus 979. Finding it difficult to replace the manky hoods unless I go non-aero. Toyed with the idea of getting a set of chrome old style pedals with white leather straps but I plan to use it a good bit so the pedals stay for the time being. BioPace chainring 52/42 which I quite like the feel of!

Any use to you ? http://www.totalcycling.com/en/Campagnolo-C-Record-Croce-D-Aune-Chorus-Athena-Delta-Brake-Hoods-BL-RE500/m-18731.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

@Quigs, cheers, looking for white ones though, it has shimano 105 throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

ba wrote: »
    After a decent muck about in phoenix park, my new cyclocross bike scrubs up nicely.

12405840115_b8eff863fd_c.jpg

nice to see someone else with a sensa looks good

Advertisement