Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

None of those perfectly good manufacturers, who each make very nice monocoque frames, make such well detailed lugged frames.

People wax lyrical about handmade steel frames, which aesthetically are only subtly different to hatchet steel welded frames, because of the attention to detail and craftsmanship, and decry the lack of equivalent in modern carbon.

This frame, and a handful of others, shows the fallacy of their arguments.

I almost* fully agree, despite being on the steel side of the barricade.

* - except for the hatchet part ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If Ribble made a C59 or C60 I'd be all over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Brian? wrote: »
    I don't get all the love for this. It's a perfectly fine looking bike with very nice wheels. But there is nothing extraordinary about it at all.

If you took the name Colnago off the frame and replaced it with Planet X, Rose or Ribble no one would look twice at it.

It has a tricolore on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Raam wrote: »
    It has a tricolore on it too.
    I could paint a turd black and stick a tricolore on it and you'd buy it.

Lumen wrote: »
    I could paint a turd black and stick a tricolore on it and you'd buy it.

How much for your tricoloreturde?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I realise my taste in shoes isn't right up everyone's alley, but these are really sweet:

$_57.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I realise my taste in shoes isn't right up everyone's alley, but these are really sweet:

$_57.JPG

Absolutely love them :)

These kinds of retro adidas only come up on ebay with small sizes. Bloody shame.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

These kinds of retro adidas only come up on ebay with small sizes. Bloody shame.

I'm a size 41.....
    Must have a look.
    Actually had a pair similar to these back in 1992, most comfortable shoes I ever had......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Can a mod add a note about quoting pics fair enough quoting if it's on a previous page but when it's in the last few post's can we just quote the text?

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    Can a mod add a note about quoting pics fair enough quoting if it's on a previous page but when it's in the last few post's can we just quote the text?

Teacher, teacher!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mod voice

Yeah we had talked about this a while ago and sort of forgot about it. I just added something to the thread title now.

It's not a big big deal, but out of consideration for other users, please avoid quoting pics when possible :)

th?id=H.4647271859617817&pid=15.1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Ah I liked the Colnago even at five times:) but there's been some horrors in the past people have repeatedly quoted. I was tempted to quote Robfowls cat pic though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Are those Addidas shoes cycling shoes?

el tel wrote: »
    Are those Addidas shoes cycling shoes?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Yes.

By intended function or actual usage? :pac:

Alek wrote: »
    By intended function or actual usage? :pac:

The latter.

Watching the recent Track Worlds in Cali, lace up shoes are gaining popularity there.

Raam wrote: »
    Watching the recent Track Worlds in Cali, lace up shoes are gaining popularity there.

Most "true" track shoes have laces, Bont Track, Vittoria Pista etc. Lots are using Boa system now. It's a pain in the hole trying to get pedal staps to sit properly on Velcro/ratchet straps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

My old PlanetX has been replaced by this new (to me) beauty. I wanted a Colnago for so long that when this popped into the adverts I couldn't resist much. It's a very traditional geometry, it will take me a while to get used to the different position. I ll get some better pics at some stage.

vxqn3kl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Shoes...?:confused:
    Seriously, feckin' shoes..... in the Post images of BEAUTY thread???
    Bunch of feckin' women!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

^^^ Very nice Astra. I particularly like the traditional rim / tyre combination.

What are the wheels and what other components are on it (I can see record 11 front and rear mechs, chorus callipers and a centaur chainset?).

Thanks! The rims are Campagnolo Omega Strada XL on novatec hubs with FMB tires. The rest is Record 11, with centaur calipers and chainsets. I didn't "invest" any money on it, I just transferred all the bits from the PX.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

AstraMonti wrote: »
    My old PlanetX has been replaced by this new (to me) beauty. I wanted a Colnago for so long that when this popped into the adverts I couldn't resist much. It's a very traditional geometry, it will take me a while to get used to the different position. I ll get some better pics at some stage.

Is it just me or are those bottle cages very low down on the frame?

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Is it just me or are those bottle cages very low down on the frame?

Yes they are.. and I didn't actually notice it until you said it. I had to make extra effort to reach the bottle.

Are the FMB tyres good? Hand-made in France and all that, they gotta be good, but still, just wondering.

They are very very nice, but they are not made for Irish roads, very fragile. Both of them had punctured within the first 500kms and are with sealant inside. Now I have around 1000kms on them and I don't think they have a lot of life left in them, they are full of cuts and probably the next puncture will be their last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

OK, I'll bite.
    What weight is it?

• Advertisement

It's not light. 8.1 with these very heavy wheels, 7.0 with my super light ones. The frame is half alu.

Advertisement