Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Is it just me or are those bottle cages very low down on the frame?

They do define a very lovely heart-shape with the down tube and the seat tube a la Gareth Bale celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

el tel wrote: »
    They do define a very lovely heart-shape with the down tube and the seat tube a la Gareth Bale celebration.

OMG.. can not be unseen... now I have to change bottle cages. I ll send you the bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

New Audax/commuter/winter bike.
    Work in progress got the mudguards and dynamo lights on this evening. Getting a 105 groupset transplant tomorrow so Pete can have the pie plate when I change the cassette. Will be a few days before I have the dyno wheel built up.
    Very impressed with the frame very well finished and the finishing kit isn't bad. The wheels hard to tell they are heavy but a lot of that is the tire's and that sunrace 12-32 cassette is a monster I'd say it weighs nearly a pound so the the 105 group and and some conti Grand Prix 4 seasons will knock a good bit of weight of. Will make do with the back wheel for the minute but I'll probably get another open pro built to match the dyno wheel. Hoping it will be near the 10kg mark even with lights and mudguards when I'm finished.

The claris group actually seems ok shifts well enough and the derailleurs seem well made. The shifters feel a little brittle and tinny though wouldn't fancy shifting in anger with them in a race but for tootling around would be fine . Was giving it to LBS in return for doing some work but I may keep it and stick it on a beater.

Crap pic so I'll just leave as an attachment I'll do some proper one's when I'm finished.

Edit: Just to add anyone any experience running dynamo wiring? Was going to just use cable tie's should be neat enough on the fork and stays but cable ties on the down tube for the rear light is going to look a bit messy. Have seen one suggestion to use helicopter tape? Any one know any where you can buy a roll of it in Ireland? Only seems to available on ebay and I want to get it quickly I've waited long enough to get all these bits together. Sort of wondering if I could run it internally. If I could get it in beside one of the internal gear or brake cable's at the head tube there is plenty of room where the cables come out at the bottom bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ryath wrote: »
    Just to add anyone any experience running dynamo wiring? Was going to just use cable tie's should be neat enough on the fork and stays but cable ties on the down tube for the rear light is going to look a bit messy.
    I use electrical tape on the fork (after corkscrewing the wire), like here, and run the wire for the rear light under the top tube.

Not sure what you're on about with down tube and stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Lumen wrote: »
    I use electrical tape on the fork (after corkscrewing the wire), like here, and run the wire for the rear light under the top tube.

Not sure what you're on about with down tube and stays.

Was going to run it along the bottom of the down tube cable tie top and bottom and some electrical tape in the middle would hold it. Just seemed neater than bringing it up to run along under the top tube though I know it would be more protected there.

Run it under the bottom bracket, along the left chain stay and out the mudguard stay to the light couple of cable tie's along here would be fairly discreet. You have your wire glued inside the mudguard?

If the bike had external cable's it would be easier could just run and cable tie the wire along these but with the internal cable's I want to keep it as neat as possible

If it was an older bike I'd be tempted to take a dremel to it and make room at one of the gear cable entry points to get the wire in the bike even has the space in the left stay as it appears to have the internal routing for the models with disc brakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

AstraMonti wrote: »
    It's not light. 8.1 with these very heavy wheels, 7.0 with my super light ones. The frame is half alu.

nice bike, you will need to put some latax in those tyres to save on weight so

They are tubs you infidel!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Finished build of my Argos\Shimano Felt F1.
    DSC_0016-1.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg

Misplaced my scales so I've no idea of weight.
    Looks stealthy with the Planet X 50mm no logo wheels on it.
    If my back allows it,the steerer tube may get a further trimming.

Lovely machine! You have to change those red accents to green though and I would probably take it a step further and change the cables to a matching green as well.

Yeah the red tyre wont be staying. The PX wheels are running Pave Evo tubs with a touch of green.
    Not a mad fan of coloured cables,will probably go with black. Also black skewers. Would love to offer up a set of green hoods to see what it looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lovely machine! You have to change those red accents to green though and I would probably take it a step further and change the cables to a matching green as well.

Dude, cables are black. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Raam wrote: »

Or white...

Or white...

Look, this is black and white... cables are to be black, not white.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I once had neon pink cables on my pink and white Raleigh Dynatech.......

I would generally agree but it can be done tastefully if the frame gives you the option. If you keep everything else black and you just use green on the cables, skewers, seatpost clamp and cassette lockring it would look special.

Edit: You must keep it the same shade of green though, otherwise it's going to look mingen.

I would generally agree but it can be done tastefully if the frame gives you the option. If you keep everything else black and you just use green on the cables, skewers, seatpost clamp and cassette lockring it would look special.

It cannot be done tastefully. Frames do not give you the option.

RobFowl wrote: »
    I once had neon pink cables on my pink and white Raleigh Dynatech.......

Judgement like that and we let you be the Rás dochtúir?

Or green maybe?

http://www.adverts.ie/4972893
    YjE3YWFkMDFkYjVlM2RjNGM3MzQ2MTU4Yzg5ZmE3MzkMfCHH7MKJlyxphtYfYZfOaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNzc4OGY4MmRkNzA2MjRjZjUwZmI2YTU2MTJmYWM3YTFjOTQ3YTgzMzFhNTI5NzdiMDVmZDZiN2U2NzRhOTI1ZS5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

Or green maybe?

http://www.adverts.ie/4972893

Pic - Bianchi

It is trying too hard. Like a pretty lady matching her shoes, handbag, belt, nails...
    Give it a rest, love, you don't need all that trim, it distracts the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

There is a big difference between having a beautiful steed and a whore of a bike.

Less is more when it comes to make up and also strangely enough to bike finishing kits.

• Advertisement

Let's just agree to disagree

Let's just agree to disagree

I think that a cable should not pretend to be so visually important.

It is trying too hard. Like a pretty lady matching her shoes, handbag, belt, nails...

Actually, when I first saw this bike, I thought the hoods should be green also.

To me they look odd. Now if the saddle was black, that would be different.

Edit: You must keep it the same shade of green though, otherwise it's going to look mingen.

Therein lies the problem. You won't find that shade of green on anodized parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Or a man who dresses from head to toe in Rapha, including underwear.

Lumen wrote: »
    Or a man who dresses from head to toe in Rapha, including underwear.

Excuse me, I may have Rapha socks, but I do not have Rapha underpants.

Hmm, they do them in pink. That's a good thing for underpants but not for cables.
    http://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/merino-boxers/product/USH03

USH03-SS13-MerinoBoxers-Pink-Front.jpg_MEDIUM

Nope, if you plan it properly it can be done nicely. It's not easy nor common though.

holland_ib1.jpg

holland_ib2-960x638.jpg

Nope, if you plan it properly it can be done nicely. It's not easy nor common though.

I honestly think that looks awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Those cables are revolting!

Advertisement